Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:02 PM

Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients (28684 Views)

Lady Sacked For Not Sleeping With Her Indian Boss, Nigerians React / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) / Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Generalyemi(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2017
donphilopus:

This happened in UK not Nigeria.

he is paid to be stupid

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Awoleesu(m): 9:20am On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

Nigeria we are too religious
. This coming from you is rather disappointing!
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by banmee(m): 9:21am On Sep 09, 2017
oloriooko:
Sacked for preaching? Preposterous!
She did not force it down the patients throat neither did she threaten her
After getting the Bible simply throw it away if not interested instead of reporting to the useless authority
Oyinbo sef don kolo finish

You cannot force your religious views on people in normal societies. Remember, religion is one of the reasons the world is mostly unstable. Who says a terrorist won't target the hospital because a christian is preaching there? Plus, this is not Nigeria where a man will stand in the middle of a bus, polluting the air with noise and yelling about an imaginary character who walks on water.

5 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2017
donphilopus:

http://punchng.com/nurse-sacked-preaching-patients/

How far Lalasticlala? cool

���.

She's trying to take Christianity to her colonial masters who brought Christianity to her.

She got what she asked for.

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by napoleon77(m): 9:23am On Sep 09, 2017
This is a very old story. Happened last year in the UK.

She clearly broke UK medical rules about preaching to patients.

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by charleff512(m): 9:23am On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm
Baba Why?
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by tossie101(f): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2017
sharpwriter:
grin
No mind am, I didn't know it was him in the first place, after I checked his moniker, I realized why he spews trash in political matters. Na now i com believe say na true mumu.
cheesy
No mind am, I didn't know it was him in the first place, after I checked his moniker, I realized why he spews trash in political matters. Na now i com believe say na true mumu.

Dnt.know whats wrong with him seriously.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2017
most Yoruba nurse abroad are troublesome,
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Flakky26(f): 9:26am On Sep 09, 2017
The God she stood for will defend and fight for her.
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by aynuel(m): 9:27am On Sep 09, 2017
ifenes:
Good decision!
seriously?

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Dollabiz: 9:30am On Sep 09, 2017
Hahaha
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by dangotesmummy: 9:37am On Sep 09, 2017
donphilopus:

According to the report, she forced it on the patient. They said she gave her a Bible she didn't want. What if she just moved on when she told her she didn't want it?
she didn't have to be forceful about it.just give them Bible and hand slip,wish them well and move on.it's when you're too pushy about it that it becomes an issue. Even the Bible says wisdom is profitable to direct.

If the patient said he wasn't interested in listening then you should have just wished him well and leave him the hell alone. Christianity is a personal decision its not something you force down on anybody. Even the holy spirit doesn't force us to worship him that's why he gave us the power of choice. He said in the Bible those that must worship me must worship me in spirit and in truth.meaning it must come from a willing heart and a contrite spirit not worship out of let me sha satisfy my wife so she won't disturb me or let me sha do it so daddy won't complain. Its either you do it willingly and in reverence or don't do it at all

I'm a Christian too but a lot of Christians need wisdom. When you're at work you need to be professional about whatever you're doing. Its unethical mixing religion and work together. Even when you are at work and you are about to start work and you want to pray, pray alone to yourself in such a way no one will hear you.you don't have to raise your voice praying so that every other person necessarily have to join you and respect the space of your other work colleagues.. Jeez

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by xtivin(m): 9:41am On Sep 09, 2017
She is the architect of her problem;
1. She was warned to stop
2. We are to obey authorities as christians; and
3. Jesus clearly instructed that dont force the faith on people in Luke 10:1-12

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Maxvasia(m): 9:42am On Sep 09, 2017
Religion has turned most human beings into creatures more stupid than zombies
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by teflonjake(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

Read sire, read
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Danladi7: 9:45am On Sep 09, 2017
oloriooko:

Bros check this thing na!
How do you force a Bible on someone? By shoving it into her bag or pocket? Then simply toss it into the nearest trash afterwards but I still do not agree she held her hostage to force the Bible into her purse or whatever
Why will shr be preaching to a patient?

is she a pastor?

is that specified in his job prescription?

is an hospital a revival center or a church?
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by dangotesmummy: 9:45am On Sep 09, 2017
Flakky26:
The God she stood for will defend and fight for her.
there's something called respecting the choices of others.for example you're eating a food,you're enjoying it,you like it but the next person sitting next to you isn't hungry or interested in what you're eating but you begin to force it down your neighbors throat.how does it feel? It means you're crossing your boundaries and that's why I like the Jehovah's witness. I'm not one but I admire their ways.you see them sitting peacefully with their magazines. Its people interested in their magazines that pick it to read.you can't see them forcing what they think on you.if you tell them you're not interested in listening they ask you whether you're interested in their magazines and they're very respectful about it.if you say yes they'll give you and if you say no they won't take offence

It means you have made your own personal decision not to believe in God or worship him and that's left between you and God.however it's a different ball game if God personally sent you to the patient to preach while on duty

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 09, 2017
This happen everyday in Nigeria, people will start preaching in commercial buses without any request by commuters, and will be shouting as well. This case is similar to what people do in Nigeria, pretending to be virtuous.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 09, 2017
old news, she was there to do her job as a nurse not a preacher. if she had wanted to be a pastor why become a nurse? anyway she didn't get her job back, Again old news, she was sacked! move on get another job or even better become a preacher!

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by dangotesmummy: 9:47am On Sep 09, 2017
xtivin:
She is the architect of her problem;
1. She was warned to stop
2. We are to obey authorities as christians; and
3. Jesus clearly instructed that dont force the faith on people in Luke 10:1-12
exactly. After several warning she should have complied and even if she had to preach then do it when you're not on duty elsewhere outside work

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by dangotesmummy: 9:49am On Sep 09, 2017
ismail64:
This happen everyday in Nigeria, people will start preaching in commercial buses without any request by commuters, and will be shouting as well. This case is similar to what people do in Nigeria, pretending to be virtuous.
exactly. Sometimes in the bus when I want to have a quiet time, it's impossible because preachers are shoving their religion on every other persons throat,some even mix theirs with heresies, dogmas and exaggerations I just begin to wonder what Christianity is turning to in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 09, 2017
dangotesmummy:
exactly. Sometimes in the bus when I want to have a quiet time, it's impossible because preachers are shoving their religion on every other persons throat,some even mix theirs with heresies, dogmas and exaggerations I just begin to wonder what Christianity is turning to in Nigeria

You are right...

I wonder why Christians get offended when they force their preaching on fellow Christians who decline to accept their church...We don't tolerate one another and don't want to enjoy fellowship with Christians of other assemblies, what they go about preaching is the doctrine of come join my church, not are you saved? I wonder why people are this way

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by iliyande(m): 9:56am On Sep 09, 2017
donphilopus:

According to the report, she forced it on the patient. They said she gave her a Bible she didn't want. What if she just moved on when she told her she didn't want it?

Maybe at gunpoint
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by dangotesmummy: 10:07am On Sep 09, 2017
supersystemsng:

You are right...

I wonder why Christians get offended when they force their preaching on fellow Christians who decline to accept their church...We don't tolerate one another and don't want to enjoy fellowship with Christians of other assemblies, what they go about preaching is the doctrine of come join my church, not are you saved? I wonder why people are this way
the ones that irritate me most are the ones that will be preaching if you wear weavons you Will go to hell,if you wear earnings and necklace you'll go to hell

The Bible verse they follow which wasn't in the context of not wearing eating was when God told the Israelites to put away their jewelry and necklace because God saw that it was a distraction for them and it was taking away their heart from him hence he said they should take it away. He didn't forbid them not to wear it.some will be bastardizing and reducing Christianity to wearing or not wearing of trousers

The lords chosen preachers are the most notorious. They always have a penchant for preaching about sex, always emphasizing on sex in their sermons as if the only sin God is against is formication and adultery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 09, 2017
dangotesmummy:
the ones that irritate me most are the ones that will be preaching if you wear weavons you Will go to hell,if you wear earnings and necklace you'll go to hell

The Bible verse they follow which wasn't in the context of not wearing eating was when God told the Israelites to put away their jewelry and necklace because God saw that it was a distraction for them and it was taking away their heart from him hence he said they should take it away. He didn't forbid them not to wear it.some will be bastardizing and reducing Christianity to wearing or not wearing of trousers

The lords chosen preachers are the most notorious. They always have a penchant for preaching about sex, always emphasizing on sex in their sermons as if the only sin God is against is formication and adultery

Men, i always fall in love with your perspective...Nicely said...

I don't agree with the doctrine that God is opposed to jewelry or ornaments, bur rather, Peter clearly said put away this adornments in the context of, don't make these things your priced possessions...Put God first. i.e. Do not put your wealth, beauty, etc before God...If the foundation is right, then the building won't have any problems .... Righteousness is key, and then other things queue up and not to force strange doctrines. Don't do this, don't do that, don't do the other one. God has called us to liberty and not to slavery...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by dangotesmummy: 10:12am On Sep 09, 2017
akaahs:
And d persecution continue, d Lord is ur strength. Where is dartfort, Kent located is this planet?
that's not persecution persecution is when Christians are sacked abruptly or treated with disdain because of their religion.. Her sack was justifiable because she was warned SEVERALLY
Yet she disrespected the hospital authorities by not complying including the patients right to a peaceful rest

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by dangotesmummy: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2017
supersystemsng:

Men, i always fall in love with your perspective...Nicely said...

I don't agree with the doctrine that God is opposed to jewelry or ornaments, bur rather, Peter clearly said put away this adornments in the context of, don't make these things your priced possessions...Put God first. i.e. Do not put your wealth, beauty, etc before God...If the foundation is right, then the building won't have any problems .... Righteousness is key, and then other things queue up and not to force strange doctrines. Don't do this, don't do that, don't do the other one. God has called us to liberty and not to slavery...
exactly

They don't talk about men looking lustfully, its always about sex and whatever they define as indecent dressing as if their lemon uniform is decent dressing to work

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2017
Faithscharms2:
Even Jesus didn't force himself or any message on anyone so why was she doing so even after several warnings?if a patient clearly tells u they are not comfortable why not let them be instead of adding more stress to their frail condition?she probably might not be too sound psychologically and deserves way she got. undecided

God bless you my sister o. When you don't take the message, there are quick to pick offense...

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by dejavuh0007(m): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2017
serves her right. even if I was d boss I won't do any less. it's time people realise that u don't just go about preaching religion wherever u find ursef Cox u should know that we have people of different faith, belief, religious views, etc. learn to put a round peg in a round hole. to think she even forced D Bible on d patient goes to show utter disrespect for the patient's belief. serves her right. *spits*

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by maxiuc(m): 10:21am On Sep 09, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
Chai Kent is in Nigeria
what do you expect from that brainwashed APC zombie Sar**ki
Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by eyinjuege: 10:21am On Sep 09, 2017
oloriooko:
Sacked for preaching? Preposterous!
She did not force it down the patients throat neither did she threaten her
After getting the Bible simply throw it away if not interested instead of reporting to the useless authority
Oyinbo sef don kolo finish

Sick people are vulnerable.

Accepting to listen to the nurse may just be because they are scared they won't be well looked after if they told her to sod off.

What the patient needs at that time is for the nurse to perform her professional responsibilities excellently.

If the patient had needed a chaplain/preacher, the hospital offers such services at the request of the patient.

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients by KennedicalEnergy(m): 10:25am On Sep 09, 2017
Thats Really Bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Still Get Paid As A Civil Servant In Nigeria, UK Cab Driver Confesses / Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / Today's Salary Vs Cost Of Living (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.