Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Software Gurus In Need - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software Gurus In Need (1257 Views)

Gurus In The House, What Do Backend Developers Do? / [SOLVED] Gurus In The House (PHP Programmers) / C++ Tutorial Question Gurus In The House Should Save From Carry Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Software Gurus In Need by katanagirl08: 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hi everyone.
Im an undergraduate of Architecture, i will start work at a private firm in Kaduna State. Ive been searching desperately for some good cracked rendering programs. All the ones I've found are either password locked or need premium account, or completed survey to download and such...Im using a Macbook pro Version 10.11.6 [El-Capitan].
The softwares i desperately need are:

Vray for sketchUp 2015/2016

Lumenrt 2015

Light-Up for sketchUp

I already have programmes such as Artlantis, but they are not to my taste.

If anyone within the architectural business knows anyplace in Kaduna i could go to for help or know any "legitimate" websites i can check to download any one of these from, i will be forever grateful.

And if anyone has other recommendations, I'm open to them.

thank you
Re: Software Gurus In Need by Dreadlord: 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
Install Windows 10,you will find a lot of pirated software s for Windows. Better still you could buy the software.
Re: Software Gurus In Need by katanagirl08: 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
Dreadlord:
Install Windows 10,you will find a lot of pirated software s for Windows. Better still you could buy the software.

I dont want to lower the performance of my mac...ive heard too many comments that this is unwise.
As for buying the software: sure i'll just go withdraw $1000 from my bank account for vray and then another $3000 for lumenrt. tongue
Re: Software Gurus In Need by ogtavia(m): 8:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
katanagirl08:

I dont want to lower the performance of my mac...ive heard too many comments that this is unwise.
As for buying the software: sure i'll just go withdraw $1000 from my bank account for vray and then another $3000 for lumenrt. tongue
my sister..in this part of the world..windows OS rules...I mean..with regards to flexibility,ease of getting softwares (cracked ones)...dude just gave solid advice...get a Windows laptop..you can keep ur MacBook by the side...except like you said..u're willing to break the bank for two softwares...but on a more serious note...get windows...
Re: Software Gurus In Need by Dreadlord: 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
katanagirl08:

You can visualise Windows on free softwares like virtual box or paid softwares like vmware workstation. But since you will be running mostly cad programmes you will need to install Windows side by side with the mac OS. It is relatively safe, I run 3 totally different operating system on my laptop and I don't have a problem with it.
Or you could just buy the software like every body else don't let those poor software developer go hungry.
You should check out achicad, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk 3dx design
Re: Software Gurus In Need by katanagirl08: 2:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
Dreadlord:

You can visualise Windows on free softwares like virtual box or paid softwares like vmware workstation. But since you will be running mostly cad programmes you will need to install Windows side by side with the mac OS. It is relatively safe, I run 3 totally different operating system on my laptop and I don't have a problem with it.
Or you could just buy the software like every body else don't let those poor software developer go hungry.
You should check out achicad, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk 3dx design

thank you for the advice....but lets just say i had some money somewhere to buy a new windows laptop, which kind would be ideal for all these programms? And what would be the price range?
Re: Software Gurus In Need by katanagirl08: 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
Im only asking because in future i can still hold on to mac as personal computer but have the windows PC for professional use
Re: Software Gurus In Need by Dreadlord: 2:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
katanagirl08:

thank you for the advice....but lets just say i had some money somewhere to buy a new windows laptop, which kind would be ideal for all these programms? And what would be the price range?

Specs:An Intel core preferably i5 and above but i3 will do and a minimum of 4gb ram, 8gb and above for optimal performance.
Price range:you can check out Konga's and Julia's computer section.
Re: Software Gurus In Need by katanagirl08: 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
Dreadlord:

Specs:An Intel core preferably i5 and above but i3 will do and a minimum of 4gb ram, 8gb and above for optimal performance.
Price range:you can check out Konga's and Julia's computer section.

Ok
Thnx

(1) (Reply)

Are They Cobol Programmers/jobs In Nigeria? / Earn Extra Cash In Paying Peer2peer Website / Learn Ethical Hacking Online As A Beginner From Home, Join Us As A Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.