Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Update On My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Update On My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire (901 Views)

Tecno C9 Nougat Update / Tecno C9 Or Tecno W5 / To All Current And Prospective TECNO C9 Users - My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by wemeri: 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
So I posted last week about a fire incident with my Tecno phone.
Please see link to previous post: https://www.nairaland.com/3509955/all-current-prospective-tecno-c9

In the last post, a lot of people mentioned the possibility of it being a current surged issue. As much as I agree with them on the likelihood of this, I particularly believe that incident wasn't as a result of current surge.

I am an engineer, currently working with a telecoms firm. There are high end telecoms devices which also feed from the same power source as my phone and up till now, the facilities management guys have not reported any power surge in the companies power supply on that day also, none of the devices was shut down or even had a fluctuation on that day.

Incidentally,i also have 2 colleagues who also use the Techno C9 in my office and both of them had their phones plugged in at the same time as mine and didn't experience any issues with their phones.

All of this and some more investigations carried out made me come to the conclusion that it was a manufacturers defect on my phone.

I know my saying that my phone caught fire might have seemed like an exaggeration but with the situation and temperature that it was when it was discovered, there is no better way that i could have explained it.

Firstly, i was lucky to have seen it at the time that i did, (I still believe it was divine intervention) , and i was able to rescued it before it got worse. If you look closely at the picture, you would notice that the back cover of the phone was already melting. That showed that either the back cover was made with cheap plastic or the temperature of the burn was very high, enough to begin to melt the cover.

Also, the phone was placed on a non combustible surface which also helped minimise the extent of the burn. Imagine if it was place on a mattress, I am sure we would be telling a different story.

As planned, i visited the carlcare service center in opebi on Saturday and i confirmed that I was indeed being punished. the punishment was not in the stress of having to go to the office but rather in the quality of service being offered to customers by the organisation.
Apparently, VI guys are the good guys.
After interacting with the supervisor at the Opebi office as well as a couple of front desk attendants, I can confidently say that insensitivity to customer needs in addition to rudeness and arrogance is actually the organisations culture.

I wonder if it is because they are currently the only service center for tecno phones.

i look forward to other organisations coming up and giving them stiff competition.

In the end, i was "FORCED" to pay for the repairs of my phone without any concrete and valid reason as to why i have to and all because the company policy (which i was not privy to until that day) says i should.

I look forward to picking up my phone in good condition tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Update On My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by iPopAlomo(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
Post this on reddit or instagram or give an hungry blogger the full story... Techno CEO himself will contact you...
Re: Update On My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by jchuchu(m): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ok bye

Re: Update On My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by olylove: 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
Maybe dem go replace am with Phantom 6
Re: Update On My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by wemeri: 10:01am On Dec 13, 2016
olylove:
Maybe dem go replace am with Phantom 6

If i hear...

Those people that were behaving like they were doing you a favour just because you walked into their office
Re: Update On My Tecno C9 Phone Caught Fire by Behankey(m): 7:44am On Dec 17, 2016
You said there were other C9 phones plugged in and it was only yours that "caught fire", what are the investigations you carried out to confirm it's the manufacturer's faults? You should include that in ur posts too, have u tried making a formal complaint or you just ran to the internet to report? These things can go a long way in helping u resolve problems. And for those carlcare guys at Opebi, poor customer service is a norm in Nigeria and its annoying, they should better tackle that issue as that bad attitude affects the image of their organization.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Reverse My Changed Imei Number?? ? / Call ALL Networks For N2.88 Or For Free With An MTN Line / Gionee Signs Seyi Shay As Brand Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.