Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy (2222 Views)

Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Promoting Himself While Messi Does His Talking On Pitch. / Cristiano Ronaldo Claims He Deserves All Ballon D'or / Neymar Is Better Than Messi And Ronaldo, Claims Former Barcelona Striker Romario (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by superstarDikk(m): 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
Icon79:

When was the criteria changed so that Messi could win? Please don't just make a blanket claim without any evidence. Tell us when the criteria was changed to favor Messi and what that criteria was and how that favored Messi.

And by the way, yes, I did remember when Blatter said that. And that was what Real Madrid and their supporters used to blackmail Blatter into reopening the voting for Balon D'or and even encouraged to change their votes just so that Cristiano can win. Even Blatter himself admitted as much. You can Google it, if you want.
U just challenged me to stop making 'blanket claims'. Mr i-too-know pls tell us how Madrid and her fans 'blackmail' Blatter to open the voting so Ronaldo wins. If you can sincerely and intelligently tell me why Messi won the ballon d'or ahead of Ronaldo in 2009, i will educate you on how the criterias were changed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
T
Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by randomperson: 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ronaldo- 824 games, 567 goals, 189 assists
Messi- 666 games, 532 goals, 223 assists

Decide for yourself. However, there are other stats like chances created, accurate through balls, long balls completed. You know the truth, don't pretend.
Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
Icon79:

Actually, I don't a hoot whether Messi wins or doesn't win it. Like I said, I totally wrote off Balon D'or as nothing more than a popularity contest the year Sepp Blatter had to reopen the voting (and even encouraged those who had already voted to change their votes) simply because Real Madrid increased the crescendo of their campaign to have Cristiano Ronaldo win it. That's when the whole thing was turned into a J-O-K-E.

Balon D'or or no Balon D'or, Messi is still the best player to ever play the game. And anybody that knows anything about football knows that.

O pari
Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by randomperson: 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
superstarDikk:
E be like say na dis yr u begin follow football. bye bye
Don't run away now
Ronaldo- 824 games, 567 goals, 189 assists
Messi- 666 games, 532 goals, 223 assists

Decide for yourself. However, there are other stats like chances created, accurate through balls, long balls completed. You know the truth, don't pretend
Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
Icon79:

Actually, I don't a hoot whether Messi wins or doesn't win it. Like I said, I totally wrote off Balon D'or as nothing more than a popularity contest the year Sepp Blatter had to reopen the voting (and even encouraged those who had already voted to change their votes) simply because Real Madrid increased the crescendo of their campaign to have Cristiano Ronaldo win it. That's when the whole thing was turned into a J-O-K-E.

Balon D'or or no Balon D'or, Messi is still the best player to ever play the game. And anybody that knows anything about football knows that.

O pari
Was it Also a popularity contest when messi won it last year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by lolawilliams(f): 9:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
Yess!! Ororo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
superstarDikk:
every sane human being who watches and follows football knows that Blatter and FIFA have always favored Messi. Remember when Blatter said Ronaldo only cares abt his hair? Remember when criterias were changed so Messi could win? oga talk true abeg. Ronaldo won n suddenly the ballon d'or doesn't mean anything. you talk abt stats, who has better individual stats than cr7 in d past 10yrs?

Guy, u just dey waste your time dey argue. Ronaldo fans don't love him cos his a better footballer. They just do cos he's trendy and always in the media unlike Messi who's boring except for his football. strictly on football, Messi is better Ronaldo; even Perez himself knows that. Na only Tapins and pk ronaldo sabi
Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by superstarDikk(m): 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
Fifthcolumnist:

Guy, u just dey waste your time dey argue. Ronaldo fans don't love him cos his a better footballer. They just do cos he's trendy and always in the media unlike Messi who's boring except for his football. strictly on football, Messi is better Ronaldo; even Perez himself knows that. Na only Tapins and pk ronaldo sabi
OK
Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by theoneJabulani(m): 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
Congrats Ronaldo, its now established that u are the best European footballer ever.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by jnichole(m): 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
Fifthcolumnist:

see this

Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by theoneJabulani(m): 9:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
Fifthcolumnist:

Why the hate? u think its so easy to put a pk in the net? Messi wont agree with u after the copa America.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by theoneJabulani(m): 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
What people don't understand is that: One of Ronaldo or Messi would have
like 9 Ballon D'or if it weren't for the
other. Both are gods amongst men.
Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by theoneJabulani(m): 9:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
Wins 3 trophies, scores 55 goals and 17 assists and people still say Ronaldo doesn't deserve the Ballon D'or

1 Like

Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by madridguy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
Sai Ronaldo.
Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by eitsei(m): 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Why the hate? u think its so easy to put a pk in the net? Messi wont agree with u after the copa America.
abi o... Don’t mind him jare I just don't understand why some people hate to see Ronaldo win anything when it's even clear he deserves it
Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by Sweetguy25: 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
What exactly did he do to deserve this award? He wasn't the best player in the euro. He wasn't even the best player in his team in the Euro finals.

Football has lost so much quality since 2006.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by Plus234(m): 11:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
superstarDikk:
C Ronaldo has won the 2016 Balon D'or, the 4th of his career. Congrats to the king.

Nairalanders for CR7. Lets give Messi fans sleepless night tonight #halaMadrid #KingRonaldo
#MakeThemBelieve

Lalasticlala

op dont be stupid he won Ballon D'or for the 4th time and not fifa world best
Re: 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy by superstarDikk(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2016
Plus234:

op dont be stupid he won Ballon D'or for the 4th time and not fifa world best
Why the insults? don't lemme come at you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meme Thread For All Chelsea Fans / Japan Fan Cleaning The Stadium After Win Against Germany - Photos / Can I Watch Nfl Playoffs In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.