Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,782 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (9466 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Rahmoney(m): 11:34am On Dec 30, 2016
Eye opening..Carry on

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Okusi(m): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2016
ghenghennnn
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
The room was built in a way that when one comes in through the entrance, you'll have to take about four feet before you can get to the larger part of the room, just like a corridor having two walls leading to a room. The only place you can see immediately you open the door and step in is the center of the room and the window at the opposite.

"Holy shit! Police from where!" Hawk lamented silently then began to pronounce some words understood only by him... The three guys standing beside Leader were already on their kneels with their hands at the back of their head, the leader was fast enough to have entered where Sam was, he went straight to Sam, he was facing Sam without noticing someone, Hawk was leaning on the wall behind him, he wasn't expecting anybody there of course, the idea of shooting the leader came to Hawk's mind but he quickly discarded it knowing that the gunshot would hasting the acting of the police which may deny him any chance of escaping, Leader knew he may not escape, so he concluded he would kill Sam even if he was to be caught;

"Screwer, you've managed to engage the police right? Well you're dying any moment from now" Hawk said while pointing his gun to Sam who has already closed his eyes waiting for his death, Hawk too quietly positioned his gun aiming Leader's skull from behind;

"Dont try to shoot the gun!" A huge policeman bumped in determined to shoot anything at sight, he was aiming the leader without shaking;
"Drop the gun!" He commanded again.
Two of the policemen hiding somewhere in the bush outside decided to come out thinking apart the guys on their kneels, no other member was in the vicinity, they came out at the same time from different angles of the bush approaching the guys on their kneels;
"Pao! Pao!" The remaining cult members in the bush shot the two policemen, they died immediately, seeing the fellow policemen lying on the ground in pool of blood triggered others hiding to start shooting sporadically, the three guys on their kneels have been shot dead within a blink as tension filled up the room Sam, Leader and Hawk were.
Leader didn't know Hawk was behind him, Hawk knew there was a police officer inside with them but he had not seen him, the policeman could only see Sam sitting with eyes closed and the leader standing very close to him with his gun touching Sam's head, keeping a firm target at Sam, he looked at the police side but got distracted by Hawk's image at the back, he looked back and saw Hawk pointing gun at him making two people targeting only him, Hawk knew the leader could be very deadly and dangerous, Leader knew Hawk was very sharp at shooting had to decide fast but no matter what he would do, killing Sam was his number one plan, within milliseconds the leader had buried a bullet into Sam's chest, in the next millisecond the leader received bullets both in his right shoulder and his right thigh which left him lying on the floor in pains, the policeman decided to step forward and kick away the gun beside the leader...

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
...Hawk was waiting for whosoever that would come out of the corner, the police suspected someone else shot from the other corner, that stopped him from moving forward, he was still thinking of what to do when another policeman came in from behind through the door, the first policeman used that as an opportunity, he quickly ordered him to pick up the gun lying beside Leader, the second policeman innocently stepped forward;

"Krrrk" Hawk pulled the trigger but no bullet in the gun again, the first policeman at the entrance knew Hawk had gone out of bullets, he thought of what to do before Hawk would reload, Hawk ran towards the second policeman who was about to look back in the direction of the "krrrk" sound he heard, immediately Hawk showed up, he got shot by the first policeman, Hawk fell down dead, the remaining hiding cult members have been brought down by the policemen outside. They checked if Sam could still survive it but it is too late to cry when the head is off, Sam has gone. They handcuffed the dying leader and took him to the hospital.

T.B.C

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 6:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
Continues
FIFTEEN
[Preceding the police invading the bush, Hawk's girlfriend had informed the police when she did not like what his boyfriend was into, she remained anonymous to them but gave them information about Hawk and how they could trace him to wherever he was going.]

Sam's death brought an unending sorrow into his family when they got to know through the police, his father was adamant to know the cause of his death and why, Ben and Ibrahim were charged to court after been thoroughly tortured to confess which they didn't, the three families were in chaos.

Ben's face was already swollen with a lot of disfiguring contour-like map, Ibrahim was in worse condition. Ibrahim's mind had not been in peace since they were arrested;

"But Damage had an accident and died on his way back home the same day he came to visit me" Ibrahim thinking to himself.
"Who now passed the information to his cult members or what's going on?
"Why did I even do this to myself for goodness' sake? Why!
"Now, I'm not sure if I'm the one who put Ben into all this or not,
"The Aishat I am dying for now, she might have been arrested as well.. I pray Allah intervene in this matter" He prayed.

The investigation squad requested to have few words with the cult leader as he was the only person available to put more light to the whole thing, they were told by the doctor that the leader tried killing himself by swallowing a poisonous substance but he has been attended to and still under medical watch, he had just 20% chance for him to survive. Three months gone.

In the high court of justice, before the judge, brilliant lawyers were seated and different others, Ben and Sam in the dock facing the judge, the news of the case has spread all over the city, Aishat was in tears sitting by her parents, the parents of the two accused persons were present as well, Ibrahim's lawyer separately and Ben's lawyer separately, after a lot of legal arguments among the lawyers and the judge, no evidence beyond reasonable doubt to disproof the accusations, the judge decided to ask;

"Do we have anyone in this courtroom who has anything to say to what is going on or who knows anything about this matter?" The judge asked. After about five minutes of silence, a lady raised her hand from the back seat;

"Yes my Lord, I have something to say"

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2017
Almost everyone in the court turned their neck in a 180-degree just to see who, Aishat knew she has seen the lady before but she could not remember when and where, Ibrahim recognized the lady very well while she remained an anonymous to everyone else except one other guy. She was ordered to enter the witness box, after all the necessary vows;

"Thank you my Lord, once again my name is Adeosun Joy Blessing" she introduced herself.
"I'm a girlfriend to Ibrahim's roommate (Samson Daniel)..." Ibrahim's chest began to increase the beating speed.
"On 30th of May this year, I decided to pay my boyfriend a surprise visit, when I got to his room entrance, I noticed two people discussing in the room, at first I thought they were Michael and Ibrahim, I almost knocked before I heard 'we may kill him', I immediately paused to listene very well to the conversation, I could hear Ibrahim's voice and another guy, I had to change to the window side when one of their neighbours saw me peeping through the door. Carefully peeping and listening to the conversation I could see the other guy in with Ibrahim through the window net, he was one notorious guy in our school probably a cultist, I brought out my phone (Nokia Asha 305) and video-recorded their conversation, after about five minutes Michael's call came in which triggered the phone to ring, the ringing tone called their attention to the window side and they quickly ran out to check, before they could get there, I was fast enough to have gone through the backyard of the house and found my way to the main road" She paused as almost half of the court was clapping for the smart move.

"I was very disturbed in my mind with such information with me, from what I heard the name of the person they wanted to kill is Sam, I decided to inform the police but unfortunately I lost my phone the next day" The whole court echoed hmmmmmm/awww..., she continued.

"But thank God for the internet, I already backed-up the video into my Google drive cloud space the night before I lost my phone" A round of applause began to reign again, Joy brought out her phone (Gionee m3), here is the video as my proof, the judge requested for the phone while another guy raised her hand, wanted to say something as well;

"My name is Samson Michael, her boyfriend" Michael pointed to Joy.
"Who is the she? Mention her name" the judge said.
"I am Joy's girlfriend" he followed order;
"Joy has never told me anything about this until this moment, I can vividly remember that day she described because she later told me she branched at my place but didn't see me at home, I called her that evening as well but she didn't pick instead she ended the call almost immediately, on my way back home that day, I met Ibrahim and one guy, I used to see the guy in school but not frequently, they call him Damage, we just greeted each other and I and Ibrahim returned home." Michael ended.

The judge was shacking his head as he was watching the video, after seeing the whole discusion he raised his head and saw Ibrahim in tears raising his hand;

"You still have what to say?" Judge asked.
"Yes sir" he responded with broken voice.

"I accept I attempted murder but..." The whole court began to murmur.
"Order!!!" The court policeman shouted then silence took place again as Ibrahim continued;

"But what I'm confused of right now is that, this Damage we're talking about could not make it home that same day, he had an accident and died on his way back home, I wonder how the operation was later carried out" He wept.

"Well... I can tell you that's never a confusion, he might have called their leader on phone and explained things to him before he died" Ben's lawyer stated.

"Do you know their leader?" The prosecutor queried.
"'Temi ba mi' (I'm doomed) No. I dont know him, please have mercy on me" Ibrahim cried heavily.

After few minutes of writing what nobody knew, the judge brought out a book and began to read;

"A similar case like this happened between Prince Delma and John Brown in 1987, the accused person was killed by hanging.
"It happened between Ayobami Davies and Yemi Adebanjo in 1993, the murderer was given life in jail.
"The similar matter between Bjan Stroustrop and his two workers, he was killed by hanging" The judge continued to refer to different cases which the judgement was either death by hanging or life imprisonment, Ibrahim was holding his head and crying bitterly;

"Now, this is my judgement" The judge said and looked up.

T.B.C

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Okusi(m): 8:18am On Jan 06, 2017
oh Ibraheem ur mouth will send you to where you don't expect.
reason y we shouldn't be too stupid what's not yet ours

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by ladySuperb(f): 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
wow!! wow!! wow!! ..........nice work,continue............. AYAM behind u

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by footprintD55(m): 2:14pm On Jan 06, 2017
ladySuperb:
wow!! wow!! wow!! ..........nice work,continue............. AYAM behind u
ambulance siren spotted

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by ladySuperb(f): 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
footprintD55:
ambulance siren spotted
ambulance siren biti bawo?

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Missmossy(f): 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
Such a heartwrenching piece embarassed pity the victims of these story. More wisdom and inspiration to the writer. Keep it coming.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 12:14am On Jan 07, 2017
Continues

SIXTEEN

"Please hold on my lord... Please wait" A voice screamed from outside of the court, the whole court turned to the direction which the voice came from. There were two policemen, a man in doctor's gown and the cult leader, the court policeman initially denied them entry because movement is not allowed when judgement is ongoing, the judge later ordered them to come in, they all entered the court as one of the policemen stepped forward and faced the judge;

"I'm Sergeant Dolapo, this young man standing here is the cult leader who killed Sam" He said pointing to the leader.
"This is the doctor who rescued him from the poison he swallowed" Pointing to the doctor.
"How did you know that he is the one who killed Sam?" The judge queried.
"My lord, it was in my presence, I and my men are the ones that went to invade the bush to rescue Sam but he had shot Sam before he was gunned down" He responded.

"Aah! Iwo omokunrin yi.. Ika ni e o... Ika gidi ni e.. Kinni mo se fun e ti o fi pa mi lomo.. Ah! Olorun a da fun e o (Ah! You this young man, you're a wicked person.. You're very wicked.. What have I done wrong for you to have killed my son.. Ah God will judge you)" Sam's mother was crying bitterly, they held and took her out of the courtroom for a while.

"Young man, do you know any Damola? they call him Damage" The judge asked the cult leader.
"Ah! That idiot! We dey look for am wella, na another cult hin dey, he no fit see me and wait na, I go finish am." The cult leader responded in his bass scary voice.
"You mean he was not or he is not among your other members?" The judge trying to confirm.
"That smello no fit be our member na." He responded without wasting time.
"OK, do you know or can you recognize this young man?" The judge asked pointing to Ibrahim. Ibrahim's heartbeat could be heard clearly due to fear. ...

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 12:18am On Jan 07, 2017
"For where? I never see this one before na. 'Abi se mo mo iya e ri?' (Or do I know you mother?)" He asked Ibrahim who was declining already by shaking his head sideways.
"Why did you guys kill Sam and who sent you?" The judge asked hoping the cult leader would answer.
"Now you're talking baba mi. Na the main thing wey bring us come here be that. Oga judge, you no fit believe say that mumu Sam dey straff my girlfriend Evelyn behind me ni sha, no be them say, na me catch them gangan, guess where... On top my bed, you self think am" He said while the court began to murmur.
"You mean, he was having a sexual inter-course with your girlfriend on your bed and you caught them?" The judge asked.
"You sabi. Na why I order for hin death and I finish am ASAP as the outcome no pass life in jail or death." He said confidently while the court echoed "Ahh!"
"Good. This is my judgement. You the cult leader, you shall be hanged till you lose your life.
"You Ibrahim, be thanking your star, this is my judgement, you're hereby sentence to two years imprisonment and a payment of one hundred thousand Naira should be made into Ben's account for attempting murder and for Ben's damages in trial respectively.
You Ben, you're now being set free. I rise."
"Court!"

The court rose as the judge went into his chamber.
Ben was busy crying as his family members were consoling him, Ibrahim was weeping and regretting his actions, he wished he could turn the hand of clock backward to amend things but it was not possible, they've hand-cuffed him taking him away along with the cult leader, Aishat joined Ben's people in consolation, Sam's parents went to apologize to Ben for being punished for what he didn't do, Aishat followed Ben and his people home having informed her parents she would be going with Ben, she didn't leave Ben alone during the three hours she used in their house, she later left and promised to return the next day.

T.B.C

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by ladySuperb(f): 5:22am On Jan 07, 2017
Eeh yah!!! Ben,Pele ooooo.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
Continues

SEVENTEEN

Aishat couldn't take her mind off the whole scenario in the court earlier in the day, she couldn't imagine Ibrahim taking such a deadly move just because of her, remembering her love (Sam) brought tears into her eyes the more, she thought of Ben who suffered for nothing, after dinner that day, Alhaj called Aishat and Hajia to join him in the living room;

"Aishat Morenike, I know how you are feeling now, I know what you're passing through emotionally, you lost a loved one, you got evil from whom you trusted, life seems unfair to you." Alhaj began to console.
"You know what, life is not fair to anyone, nobody deserves 100% trust, not even yourself because sometimes you promise yourself and fail to fulfill it, no one is absolutely reliable because a whole lifetime is not enough to study half of human attitude.
"Just like weather, things change, adaptation is part of what makes you a real human, adapt to every situation you find yourself, thinking cant solve anything, with time you can always get over every condition and find yourself happy again, in fact I have a good news for you," Alhaj said while Aishat quickly responded "What's the good news"
"The good news is NOTHING LASTS FOREVER, or what do you think?" He asked Hajia in expectation to hear her part.

"'Oko mi' (My dear), I believe you understand your dad, sighing around the house can only do more bad than good. Nothing specifically lasts forever and that's a good reason to smile for you and everyone else in bad situation or any dilemma" Hajia said.
"Mom it's OK, I'll learn not to think of it anymore. Thank you so much dad, I really appreciate your words.. But I have something to pour out of my mind." Aishat said.
"OK, I'm listening." Alhaj responded.
"I'm not trying to put the blame on you sir and neither am I waking a dying matter, I just want to free up my heavy mind." She paused, then continued.
"Daddy, you caused out of this my emotional disaster, if you'd not pressurized me to date a Muslim by force, I wouldn't have thought of Ibrahim and he wouldn't have tried killing Sam even though he is not the one who eventually killed him.
"This is the example of what you were told in the dream, the so called Muslim you accepted to be my boyfriend is the same evil-minded Ibrahim. Being religious is absolutely different from being righteous and responsible. I am sorry sir if I've said anything wrong." She ended.

Alhaj stood up and went to sit beside Aishat;
"I expected you to have something like this in your mind and I am happy you said it out instead, you haven't said anything wrong if truly I'm a responsible father" He patted her.
"See, what has happened has happened and we can refer to it as the past, this is present while a better future awaits you. You still have enough time to get back on the track and find love again. As I said earlier, you have the order to marry anyone you love, you have my full support" Alhaj. Aishat, smiled a bit and...
Few weeks to clock a year that Sam died, Ben remained the only option left for Aishat, their love continued to grow by the day, Aishat was anxiously expecting Ben to propose to her but nothing seems forthcoming, finally Ben took the bold step and proposed to Aishat in a grand style, of course Aishat gladly said yes to his proposal, the introduction took place as the two families got to know one another, their wedding remained two months...
Inside a well decorated big hall, colorful and attractive vicinity indeed where cream colour dominated among others, that was the reception for the wedding ceremony between Sulaimon Aishat and Simon Benjamin, after the opening intros and the dancing-dancing, the couples were already on their seats, the song Oloomi by Tosin Martins was going on at the background as the MC was routing the stage and cracking ribs;

"So far so good so far so memorable.. There have been a lot of fun here today, we've really rejoiced with the latest couples in town, now I'll call on the bride's father to give the closing speech" MC said as Alhaj stood up to take the mic;

"'Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh' (Peace be upon you so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings)" Alhaj greeted in Islamic way while more than half of the population responded "'Waalaikumsalam Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh' (May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you too)"
"I greet you also with the greetings of Christ Jesus" he said and smiled.
"Who among us here do not like this type of gathering?" Alhaj asked and began to look around if he would see anyone but nobody signified.
"Can you see, everybody wants this kind of happy gathering but I tell you authoritatively that many parents have ignorantly denied something like this that could have happened, all in the name of religion difference.
"The last time I checked, what majorly makes a successful marriage are two people with common goals brought together by love and honesty with God's supervision" People began to clap.
"Over the years now, many people have spent time or should I say wasted time proving that someone's religion is better than the other and this hustle is common among African parents - my children must follow my path (religion), this is not advisable.
"I want to ask, is it not more important to adopt every good part of every religion to bring our children up than to mandate one to them especially to their detriment?
"It is very important for parents not to be selfish, we should focus on teaching our children good values which everyone will agree it is the basis of every religion. It is very unfortunate that these religions have become source of wealth to many people, source of power to others, and some a reason for conflict among people of different beliefs instead of unity.
"If we can learn to respect others' religions and leave them with their preferences not affecting our relationship with them, we will avoid what I term RELIGION JINGOISM, and that will make te world a happier place.
"I am not saying religion is not good but religion tolerance is far better. Thank you all for your precious time." He returned the mic as a round of applause was echoing. The groom's father gave the closing prayer, other celebrations took place as different postures of pictures were taken.

The couples were on their way back home, on the car, Aishat tapped Ben;
"My love, guess what." She said smiling.
"Tell me something jare" He responded with smiles also.
"I am happy." She said while they both smiled. The driver looked back and smiled as well.

THE END.

Aishat and Ben already had a baby before Ibrahim returned from prison, he apologized to both of them and specially thanked Ben for rejecting the N100,000.00 fine he rejected years back, Ibrahim was forgiven but they were never close friends anymore.

Thanks for reading.
Watch out for my next story, THE IRRESISTIBLE ARREST

2 Likes

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by damadecutie(f): 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hawlahscho:
Continues

SEVENTEEN

Aishat couldn't take her mind off the whole scenario in the court earlier in the day, she couldn't imagine Ibrahim taking such a deadly move just because of her, remembering her love (Sam) brought tears into her eyes the more, she thought of Ben who suffered for nothing, after dinner that day, Alhaj called Aishat and Hajia to join him in the living room;

"Aishat Morenike, I know how you are feeling now, I know what you're passing through emotionally, you lost a loved one, you got evil from whom you trusted, life seems unfair to you." Alhaj began to console.
"You know what, life is not fair to anyone, nobody deserves 100% trust, not even yourself because sometimes you promise yourself and fail to fulfill it, no one is absolutely reliable because a whole lifetime is not enough to study half of human attitude.
"Just like weather, things change, adaptation is part of what makes you a real human, adapt to every situation you find yourself, thinking cant solve anything, with time you can always get over every condition and find yourself happy again, in fact I have a good news for you," Alhaj said while Aishat quickly responded "What's the good news"
"The good news is NOTHING LASTS FOREVER, or what do you think?" He asked Hajia in expectation to hear her part.

"'Oko mi' (My dear), I believe you understand your dad, sighing around the house can only do more bad than good. Nothing specifically lasts forever and that's a good reason to smile for you and everyone else in bad situation or any dilemma" Hajia said.
"Mom it's OK, I'll learn not to think of it anymore. Thank you so much dad, I really appreciate your words.. But I have something to pour out of my mind." Aishat said.
"OK, I'm listening." Alhaj responded.
"I'm not trying to put the blame on you sir and neither am I waking a dying matter, I just want to free up my heavy mind." She paused, then continued.
"Daddy, you caused out of this my emotional disaster, if you'd not pressurized me to date a Muslim by force, I wouldn't have thought of Ibrahim and he wouldn't have tried killing Sam even though he is not the one who eventually killed him.
"This is the example of what you were told in the dream, the so called Muslim you accepted to be my boyfriend is the same evil-minded Ibrahim. Being religious is absolutely different from being righteous and responsible. I am sorry sir if I've said anything wrong." She ended.

Alhaj stood up and went to sit beside Aishat;
"I expected you to have something like this in your mind and I am happy you said it out instead, you haven't said anything wrong if truly I'm a responsible father" He patted her.
"See, what has happened has happened and we can refer to it as the past, this is present while a better future awaits you. You still have enough time to get back on the track and find love again. As I said earlier, you have the order to marry anyone you love, you have my full support" Alhaj. Aishat, smiled a bit and...
Few weeks to clock a year that Sam died, Ben remained the only option left for Aishat, their love continued to grow by the day, Aishat was anxiously expecting Ben to propose to her but nothing seems forthcoming, finally Ben took the bold step and proposed to Aishat in a grand style, of course Aishat gladly said yes to his proposal, the introduction took place as the two families got to know one another, their wedding remained two months...
Inside a well decorated big hall, colorful and attractive vicinity indeed where cream colour dominated among others, that was the reception for the wedding ceremony between Sulaimon Aishat and Simon Benjamin, after the opening intros and the dancing-dancing, the couples were already on their seats, the song Oloomi by Tosin Martins was going on at the background as the MC was routing the stage and cracking ribs;

"So far so good so far so memorable.. There have been a lot of fun here today, we've really rejoiced with the latest couples in town, now I'll call on the bride's father to give the closing speech" MC said as Alhaj stood up to take the mic;

"'Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh' (Peace be upon you so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings)" Alhaj greeted in Islamic way while more than half of the population responded "'Waalaikumsalam Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh' (May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you too)"
"I greet you also with the greetings of Christ Jesus" he said and smiled.
"Who among us here do not like this type of gathering?" Alhaj asked and began to look around if he would see anyone but nobody signified.
"Can you see, everybody wants this kind of happy gathering but I tell you authoritatively that many parents have ignorantly denied something like this that could have happened, all in the name of religion difference.
"The last time I checked, what majorly makes a successful marriage are two people with common goals brought together by love and honesty with God's supervision" People began to clap.
"Over the years now, many people have spent time or should I say wasted time proving that someone's religion is better than the other and this hustle is common among African parents - my children must follow my path (religion), this is not advisable.
"I want to ask, is it not more important to adopt every good part of every religion to bring our children up than to mandate one to them especially to their detriment?
"It is very important for parents not to be selfish, we should focus on teaching our children good values which everyone will agree it is the basis of every religion. It is very unfortunate that these religions have become source of wealth to many people, source of power to others, and some a reason for conflict among people of different beliefs instead of unity.
"If we can learn to respect others' religions and leave them with their preferences not affecting our relationship with them, we will avoid what I term RELIGION JINGOISM, and that will make te world a happier place.
"I am not saying religion is not good but religion tolerance is far better. Thank you all for your precious time." He returned the mic as a round of applause was echoing. The groom's father gave the closing prayer, other celebrations took place as different postures of pictures were taken.

The couples were on their way back home, on the car, Aishat tapped Ben;
"My love, guess what." She said smiling.
"Tell me something jare" He responded with smiles also.
"I am happy." She said while they both smiled. The driver looked back and smiled as well.

THE END.

Aishat and Ben already had a baby before Ibrahim returned from prison, he apologized to both of them and specially thanked Ben for rejecting the N100,000.00 fine he rejected years back, Ibrahim was forgiven but they were never close friends anymore.

Thanks for reading.
Watch out for my next story, THE ARREST
love this
jazakumlai hairun

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Ehmjay(m): 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
Sis Hawlahscho i really love your story,please try and arrest with notifying me when your next story commences

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ehmjay:
Sis Hawlahscho i really love your story,please try and arrest with notifying me when your next story commences

shocked I am a brother and not sister shocked

I'll mention you when d story starts.

Thanks for reading.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
damadecutie:
love this
jazakumlai hairun

Thanks sis.
Wa antum fa jazakum Allahu khairan

2 Likes

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Okusi(m): 5:26am On Jan 09, 2017
that's how i missed the wedding Semo.

BTW, a religious muslim is meant to be righteous, chaste and anything you thing of that can describe a good person. Ibrahim is not
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:46am On Jan 09, 2017
Okusi:
that's how i missed the wedding Semo.

BTW, a religious muslim is meant to be righteous, chaste and anything you thing of that can describe a good person. Ibrahim is not
Obviously and indirectly all Alhaj wanted was just a Muslim by name.

Many parents are still like that.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Okusi(m): 8:01am On Jan 09, 2017
Hawlahscho:
Obviously and indirectly all Alhaj wanted was just a Muslim by name.

Many parents are still like that.
i see that too
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by raquel97: 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
Good job

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Ehmjay(m): 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hawlahscho:

shocked I am a brother and not sister shocked

I'll mention you when d story starts.

Thanks for reading.
Thanku 4 tellng me before mai pple con start callng me gay
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2017
Lalasticlala

Boss, you can still do it. Help me push it to front page, it is a complete work, nothing like delay for updates.

Pls biko EPP ME cry

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 12:18am On Jul 17, 2017
Ehmjay:
You can check my signature sir.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by austino677(m): 1:07am On Jul 17, 2017
Hawlahscho:
Lalasticlala

Boss, you can still do it. Help me push it to front page, it is a complete work, nothing like delay for updates.

Pls biko EPP ME cry

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 6:44am On Jul 17, 2017

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
This is interesting.I saw d link to this story pasted by u this evening on unilorin whatsapp group.You are a genious indeed@gen
ioushawlar.keep d ball rolling...

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 5:49am On Nov 14, 2017
tundexweb:
This is interesting.I saw d link to this story pasted by u this evening on unilorin whatsapp group.You are a genious indeed@gen
ioushawlar.keep d ball rolling...

Thanks brother, mention few friends whom you think can like it. I appreciate you could read it.

What's your WhatsApp Nick?
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hawlahscho:

Thanks brother, mention few friends whom you think can like it. I appreciate you could read it.

What's your WhatsApp Nick?
Tunde.

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:27am On Mar 27, 2018
GeniusHawlah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CALL FOR ENTRIES: 2017 Commonwealth Short Prize / Ikeogu Oke Wins 2017 Nlng Prize For Literature / Old Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.