Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? (39134 Views)

Download Middle Child By J Cole / Kendrick Lamar Or J Cole / DOWNLOAD: Future – Mask Off (remix) Ft. Kendrick Lamar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by John902(m): 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
Jaynom:

And J Cole doesn't sing? GetThaFuckOuttaHereWithThat Bullshit
don't fvck with dad...Mocking bird-Eminem
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by lakesidepapa(m): 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
Listening to Untitled 7 levitate by Lamar right now, dude is something else, too good. He's truly the king of rap.!
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by PublicAssurance: 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2016
K. lamar. Period!
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by DavidOluyale(m): 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
Baba suwe is better .

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by cue64: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
stealthtiger:

Why are you so ignorant. Yea he loves nas but that doesn't mean he looks up to him as a god. Listen to No role modelz. Cole said- "no role modelz and I'm here right now, no role modelz to speak of. Searching through my memory I couldn't find one"
Yeah, long live the idols,
may they never be your
rivals
'Pac was like Jesus, Nas
wrote the Bible
Now what you 'bout to
hear is a tale of glory
and sin
No I.D. my mentor, now
let the story begin
that's J Cole can't believe i let nas down
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by cue64: 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lucidpassanger9:

Somebody that went to school is calling Kendrick Lamar a commercial rapper I no blame that guy
many people go schol but nah only few enter class

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by cue64: 8:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
Danfuster:

I don't think cole beats Kendrick when it comes to word play, Kendricks word play are so deep you gotta use genius. Com. Go listen to Kendrick U.O.E.N.O freestyle, his verse alone has got some serious word play I.e "Tell 'em I need my credit when it's due.
Tell 'em I need my lettuce when it's new.
Tell 'em I got a fetish for fine fabric Franklins and saying, "Fück you"
yeah kendrick is good @ world play a buh honetsly j cole is better at that...

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by cue64: 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
stinggy:

"J. Cole went platinum without a single feature"... keep that in mind sire.
even sum commercial singers/rappers did that, buh it still doesnt make u the best..
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by yungryce: 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by yungryce: 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2016
Alfred234:

Lol bros calm down o am also mad that Macklemore was listed as a trash rapper, am like W. T. F? his latest album "This Unruly Mess I've Made" is lit AF.. listen to tracks like

"White privilege II" (Best song I've listened to this year)
But I still have to say that J. cole and Kendrick are by far better than him
i searched d whole internet thinking there was a white privilege I. just love d dude except for gay activism. but he definitely deserves to be on d list. he still is d most successful rapper in dis generation without any backing. still love cole & lamar more but i think mackelmore shld be a close 3rd. & can ppl stop putting drake & rap in one sentence
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Posiedon007: 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
Love yours, love yours, there is no such thing as a life that is better than yours (x2ce) no such thing, no such thing, Heart beating fast let a nigger knows that he is alive,......singing love yours by ma man the inspirational genius JCOLE, cool,jj all the way

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by PigMeat: 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
omoISEYIN:

have you heard of CANNABIS that's the nigga that humbles shaddy any day anytime, we more lyrical monster underground than those on the limelight.
The jamaican dude? Cannibus is good. K.o, rip jacker, etc.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by PigMeat: 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
whizcartel:
This is my list of rap legends.

1. Eminem
2. Tu-pac
3. Nas
4. Rakim
5. Jay Z.
6. Andre 3000
7. Notorious B.I.G
8. kanye west
9. Snoop Dogg
10.T.I

Eminem
is the best but not the greatest. Despite his G.O.A.T track.

Moreover. hip hop is very controversial. What I like might not be what you like. Like Olamide said "Everybody na king for him lane"
Thank God the list is urs not for everybody. Eminem, andre, kanye, t.I wouldn't make my top 20.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by lolawilliams(f): 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
PigMeat:

Thank God the list is urs not for everybody. Eminem, andre, kanye, t.I wouldn't make my top 20.

Yeezy wouldnt make my top 20 also. he's way too overrated. His TLOP album was shit. Nigga was just screaming.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
what is rap to jcole and kendrick when we have drake, lilwayne, eminem?
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by lolawilliams(f): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
mrletsgo:
Sales is not exactly a yardstick to measure art (in this case music). Using ur argument, Drake is a beta rapper than Cole and Kendrick......:->

Lol. lets leave that part. You know being a rapper from Cali esp from Compton city helps your fame alot? Lamar has alot of cali legends around him that was why he could say shiit in his 'Control' verse. I keep saying it, if Lamar was from Atl and sings this same way, he wouldnt be talked about like this.

Still a rocket science to me how a nigga(J.cole) in North Carolina in a small city called fayettville doing amazing things cheesy cheesy.

4 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
lolawilliams:

Lol. lets leave that part. You know being a rapper from Cali esp from Compton city helps your fame alot? Lamar has alot of cali legends around him that was why he could say shiit in his 'Control' verse. I keep saying it, if Lamar was from Atl and sings this same way, he wouldnt be talked about like this.

Still a rocket science to me how a nigga(J.cole) in North Carolina in a small city called fayettville doing amazing things cheesy cheesy.
Nyc points. Bt K. Dot also new he had d credentials 2 stunt on dose rappers he calld out. Nd about J. Cole, its clear his relatability is what is blowin him up. Most people dnt wanna spend time deciphering K.dot's TPAB so dy ddnt buy the album (4 me I love brekin down lyrics b4 heading 2 genius.com). BTW I love both of them and will neva pick 1 ova the oda. They ar both giants PS: You rily do love rap, dnt u?

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
i prefer jollof rice to fried rice, and even though fried rice looks more garnished, jollof can go with any occasion. fried rice on the other hand is for people that want to do ajebo, and it's my second choice when no jollof is in place for me or when i've had too much jollof...
and i also like rice nd stew cos its rice.
kdot-jollof
cole-fried
meek-stew

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Bonaventura(m): 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
cue64:
then u should proly listen to k Dots early works, like
vanity Slaves
night of a living junkies
and determined
Yea. ..stuffs like
Let me be me
Faith
R.O. T.C
Kendrick is the whole package
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by lolawilliams(f): 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
mrletsgo:
Nyc points. Bt K. Dot also new he had d credentials 2 stunt on dose rappers he calld out. Nd about J. Cole, its clear his relatability is what is blowin him up. Most people dnt wanna spend time deciphering K.dot's TPAB so dy ddnt buy the album (4 me I love brekin down lyrics b4 heading 2 genius.com). BTW I love both of them and will neva pick 1 ova the oda. They ar both giants PS: You rily do love rap, dnt u?

Well. Both rappers are good and they are giving us a good rap music, cause finding a good and deep meaningful rap these days is just as hard as finding water in the desert.. I love both rappers but i'd have to take cole over K.dot. His raps are based on the real life struggle that everyone one day would pass through. I find enormous strength ndmotivation in his music, his flows are on point, when he captures you, he does not release your consciousness, he takes you to faraway lands, unlocks your mind, drills you endlessly before returning you to earth..

I love rap music than any other music. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by justjify(m): 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ric O..... *Drops my mic*
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by kingkuntaval: 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
Wow...so surprised that a thread like this could gain this much traction on Nland..thought the "pangolo" music guys would've taken over and changed the narrative.
Back to the subject matter, Cole n K.dot are absolutely god emcees and veterans of the new school, while Cole approches from a very narrative perspective (painting pictures with words) k.dot on the other hand spits from an "abstract" point of view. Both of them are intellectually very deep n conscious about social issues. Having consumed their works extensively, my choice of which to listen to is always mood-dependent.Guess my bias tilts towards J. cole, coupled with the fact that he often tows d same line as my all-time favorite NAS....(an absolute wordsmith)......

Other new school worthy mentions ....Wale, Big K.R.I.T, logic...

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
lolawilliams:

Well. Both rappers are good and they are giving us a good rap music, cause finding a good and deep meaningful rap these days is just as hard as finding water in the desert.. I love both rappers but i'd have to take cole over K.dot. His raps are based on the real life struggle that everyone one day would pass through. I find enormous strength ndmotivation in his music, his flows are on point, when he captures you, he does not release your consciousness, he takes you to faraway lands, unlocks your mind, drills you endlessly before returning you to earth..

I love rap music than any other music. cheesy
Wow. U ar like the first girl I've met who genuinely likes rap. That's very rare. What's ur best J. Cole song and album?
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by cue64: 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
Bonaventura:
Yea. ..stuffs like Let me be me Faith R.O. T.C Kendrick is the whole package
your head they there ma guy
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
I'd definitely pick Kendrick Lamar over j. Cole. His to_pimp a butterfly is a world class album, the album talked on racism, political views, gang fights and all the rest. He is really a great story teller. Listen to Tracks like momma, mortal man, etc and I promise that you would love rap. Though I also listen to j. Cole, his forest Hills drive gave him double platinum with no features that's a rare thing to accomplish but I pick Kendrick over him.
Ps: that's just my view.
Other notable mentions Drake, this nigga knows about the game, his album views is definitely a classic. Looking at previous albums like if you're reading this it's too late, that's a good piece. He surely started from the bottom and now he is here. But a lot of times he goes too emotional. Talks about women and all other stuff but he still the best when we talking on sales.
Future too is not doing bad.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by maddie24(m): 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
Kendrick is the greatest rapper breathing when lord Cole holds his breath.cole fucking world.....
EYE OPENER
Kendrick is a dumbass nigga who's trying hard to spit big words so that hua dumbass fans would think he's lyrical Bleep it.
Cole give it straight to the mind soul and heart plainly so an average nigga can relate to it

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by lolawilliams(f): 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
mrletsgo:
Wow. U ar like the first girl I've met who genuinely likes rap. That's very rare. What's ur best J. Cole song and album?

This is a tough question. i love all his songs i swear, but i'd go for 'lost ones' and 'Power trip'. i think those are some of the realest and most personal cole song for me till date.

Album is FHD. better than a whole lot of rap album.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
NeededGist:
I'd definitely pick Kendrick Lamar over j. Cole. His to_pimp a butterfly is a world class album, the album talked on racism, political views, gang fights and all the rest. He is really a great story teller. Listen to Tracks like momma, mortal man, etc and I promise that you would love rap. Though I also listen to j. Cole, his forest Hills drive gave him double platinum with no features that's a rare thing to accomplish but I pick Kendrick over him.
Ps: that's just my view.
Other notable mentions Drake, this nigga knows about the game, his album views is definitely a classic. Looking at previous albums like if you're reading this it's too late, that's a good piece. He surely started from the bottom and now he is here.
Future too is not doing bad.
Dude did u just call Views a classic?

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by PigMeat: 11:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
lolawilliams:

Yeezy wouldnt make my top 20 also. he's way too overrated. His TLOP album was shit. Nigga was just screaming.
He formed an associate with jigga to stay hot, yet he wasn't. Dude is too blasphemous, although that's not my major reason for not fancying him so much.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
lolawilliams:

This is a tough question. i love all his songs i swear, but i'd go for 'lost ones' and 'Power trip'. i think those are some of the realest and most personal cole song for me till date.

Album is FHD. better than a whole lot of rap album.
Same here. Though I've bin finding it hard to choose btw Power Trip and Love Yourz ever since the release of FHD.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
whizcartel:
Drake deserves to be there bro... it's just that he too commercial. But when drake decides to spit conscious rhymes it dope... Listen to 30 for 30 Freestyle.
Yeah totally agree with you on 30 for 30. It was jus too dope.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by lolawilliams(f): 12:03am On Dec 14, 2016
mrletsgo:
Same here. Though I've bin finding it hard to choose btw Power Trip and Love Yourz ever since the release of FHD.

That dude is so amazing. Rap isnt about p***y, money, weed anymore. He got tired of other rappers that raps mostly about P***y, money and weed in his G.O.M.D verse. "Its called love, niggas don't sing about it no more/ Don't nobody sing about it no more".

Love of others or love of self is almost completely absent from a lot of music today. Smh

We need more rappers of Cole and K.dot, tbvh

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year / Video Of Mohbad’s Father Recording Song In Studio Causes Online Drama / Hilarious Reactions To Tonto Dikeh's Songs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.