Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation (14311 Views)

My First Love Experience - By Chidubem Njoku (A Short Story) / Only Nigerian Among Over 250 Authors From Europe And America In Single Book / Death Cries!!! By Njoku Nonso Emmanuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Divepen1(m): 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nneoma Ike-Njoku, winner of 2015 Awele Creative Trust (ACT) award, becomes the only Nigerian to be among the 5 winners for the scholarship. The award would see each of the three fiction winners €18000 ( close to a million in Nigerian currency). Among the 11 Nigerian that were shortlisted, she became the only one standing and delighted the organisers with her original and boldly ambitious proposal for 'Drift :a novel about a fictional Afro-Psych Rock band formed by college students in 1970s post-Civil War Lagos.
The Four Winners in Morland Writing Scholarships:
· Abdul Adan - Somalia
· Ayesha Harruna Attah – Ghana
· Lidudumalingani Mqombothi – South Africa
· Nneoma Ike-Njoku - Nigeria
The three fiction winners each received a grant of ₤18,000 to allow them to take a year off to write a book. Ayesha Harruna Attah won a non-fiction award of £27,000 to be paid over a year and a half to allow her additional time for research. The awards are based on submissions which include a book proposal and an excerpt of published writing.

Miles Morland said, “Last year our winners were all female. This year the blokes have fought back and we have perfect gender balance. All four winners have the potential to write books that will command global attention. This year we had a record 500 submissions, up from 345 last year. The most heartening thing is the breadth of talent; we had submissions from over thirty countries of which 106 came from Nigeria, a bubbling cauldron of writing talent, 51 from South Africa, 42 from Kenya, 17 from Zimbabwe and 12 from Ghana.

Michela Wrong, the Foundation Literary Director, said, “Meanwhile our twelve existing Scholars from the last three years have been writing hard. Our hope is that in 2017 at least two of our existing Scholars will publish the books they have written on their Scholarship year with more to follow soon after. I will be surprised if we don’t get ten published books from our existing Scholars.”

https://olofoforeview./2016/12/13/nneoma-ike-njoku-becomes-the-only-nigerian-to-win1m-in-miles-moorland-foundation-schorlaship/

7 Likes

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Divepen1(m): 3:30pm On Dec 13, 2016
obinnau

1 Like

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by RagnarBankz(m): 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
That yoruba name though!

Congrats to her!!

I found out that today is a very Dull day in nairaland....is it because of MMM crashing? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Divepen1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
RagnarBankz:
That yoruba name though!

Congrats to her!!

I found out that today is a very Dull day in nairaland....is it because of MMM crashing? grin grin
Lol
Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Erudite202: 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
She rep Igbo Kemi Olunloye rep Yoruba the difference is clear?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Divepen1(m): 6:05am On Dec 14, 2016
Erudite202:
She rep Igbo Kemi Olunloye rep Yoruba the difference is clear?
clear

1 Like

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by veekid(m): 6:31am On Dec 14, 2016

happy for her
Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 14, 2016
I been think say na MMM undecided

26 Likes

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by TINALETC3(f): 6:33am On Dec 14, 2016
grin extra clear
Divepen1:
clear

1 Like

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by vivianbelema(f): 6:33am On Dec 14, 2016
undecided
Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by buharimustlive: 6:33am On Dec 14, 2016
AFONJAS won't like this news.... grin grin shocked

Igbo women are always ahead of other women in Nigeria....
She is one million times better than that minister of finance with a fake accent....

23 Likes

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by LEOSIRSIR(m): 6:33am On Dec 14, 2016
Keep making us proud
Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by StArusi: 6:34am On Dec 14, 2016
Was thinking it is MMM sef. Anything that starts wt M just de make front page anyhow. MMM will succeed in making d letter M d most influential letter in Nigeria. Even Seun needs to change his name to MMseun .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by nmreports: 6:35am On Dec 14, 2016
Lovely.
Congrats.
Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 14, 2016
Igbo women....beauty and brain are like 5 and 6.

23 Likes

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Estimable(m): 6:36am On Dec 14, 2016
I thought I saw, MMM prize, until I read clearly grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Raymysterio(m): 6:37am On Dec 14, 2016
Walahi, I think say na MMM

5 Likes

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by slap1(m): 6:39am On Dec 14, 2016
She is not the first Nigerian to win the Miles Morland, please. Get your facts right! Akwaeke Emezi is currently on one. Lalasticlala please take note.

4 Likes

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by sucreblazing(m): 6:41am On Dec 14, 2016
proud to be an ndigbo

Due to MMM
Suspension of withdrawal
1. Make sure you are very close to
your friends and relatives who are into MMM.
2.Observe their every movement
and monitor where they are going
to.
3. If you see any of them going
close to a River, Ocean or Stream, raise an alarm and invite the police.
4. If you see any of them talking to
him or herself, alert the nearest
psychiatrist hospital.
5. If any of them begins to behave
angrily and break or destroy things, please notify your friends
and use cow rope to tie the person
Please pass it round to save lives

7 Likes

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by slap1(m): 6:41am On Dec 14, 2016
Congrats to them all, including Lidudumalingani Mqombothi and Abdul Adan. I love their writing!
Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by watchful(m): 6:44am On Dec 14, 2016
what is this one saying ? I thought they want to pin point mavrodi's location mchwww, chai na so 200k take worker ? f.g warned me but I was sing eldee's big boy song "is it ur money 2x" chai!
Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 14, 2016
Kudos to her,more lubricant to her dexterous upper limbs,
Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Divepen1(m): 6:46am On Dec 14, 2016
slap1:
She is not the first Nigerian to win the Miles Morland, please. Get your facts right! Akwaeke Emezi is currently on one. Lalasticlala please take note.
That was caused by headline constraint
Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by ezefrank87(m): 6:50am On Dec 14, 2016
Erudite202:
She rep Igbo
Kemi Olunloye rep Yoruba
the difference is clear?

What you guys enjoy in all these kind of comments really beat me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by Chiedu4Trump: 6:58am On Dec 14, 2016
The 5% that everybody hates, sweeping the floor.

No wonder they say they will never permit Igbo's rule, they are to sharp!

6 Likes

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by eleojo23: 6:58am On Dec 14, 2016
Mischievous mods!

Trying to get traffic with anything that starts with M. since the MMM saga started.

grin
Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by TINALETC3(f): 6:59am On Dec 14, 2016
grin
sucreblazing:
proud to be an ndigbo

Due to MMM
Suspension of withdrawal
1. Make sure you are very close to
your friends and relatives who are into MMM.
2.Observe their every movement
and monitor where they are going
to.
3. If you see any of them going
close to a River, Ocean or Stream, raise an alarm and invite the police.
4. If you see any of them talking to
him or herself, alert the nearest
psychiatrist hospital.
5. If any of them begins to behave
angrily and break or destroy things, please notify your friends
and use cow rope to tie the person
Please pass it round to save lives
Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by chuose2: 7:00am On Dec 14, 2016
THE 5% OH!

AFONJA NO GO HAPPY

4 Likes

Re: Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation by gungab(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2016
Nice move

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Elected Into US Academy Of Arts And Science / Nnedi Okorafor To Write Black Panther For Marvel / Magical Attraction (A Romance Suspense Novelette By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.