Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,944 members, 7,838,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

INEC Should Start Using E-voting Process - My Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Should Start Using E-voting Process - My Opinion (497 Views)

Dino Melaye Recall Saga: Why INEC Should Be Sued. / No E-voting In 2019 – INEC / Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Should Start Using E-voting Process - My Opinion by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
Over times we have seen how election violence take the front seat in elections in nigeria, not to talk of the recent one in rivers state, where lives were lost due to election malpractices

The Term E-Voting means voting electronical, i don't mean using smartcard readers, because it is still manual and not technology-driven voting system, using smartcard readers is just to authenticate the voters, not the 'votes', what i mean by e-voting is by voting online, yes you heard me right, voting online, if INEC can resolve to voting online, then i promise there will not be election violence, because people will be voting from the 'comfort' of their homes/offices, but let me put it to you that there is also disadvantages in this type of votings, because some 'selfish' nigerians would like to vote twice or even thrice, if they are given the oppuntunity, the only way to tackle it, is by registering the voters(users) before the day of the election, at least 3 weeks before the day of voting, on the day of voting, the registered users will login the website with their username and password and vote their candidate of choice, once they have completed their voting, they will be logged out automatically and this will also prevent them from voting twice, and moreso the votes can't be manipulated by any INEC official, because it is computerized, they can buy a domain like 'www.voting-online.ng' and implement this 'type' of voting, there will be hitch and violence free election process, another must-do thing is that the website must be free to browse on all networks in nigeria, because not everybody has data to browse, and another thing is for the website to be able to carry about 100,000 people online in one minute, because on that day it will have massive traffic, it might even pass google here in nigeria, think about it INEC, i just hope my writeup will get to the relevent authorities for more considerations.

Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44 over to you, spread to a wider audience

Source:- http://thearticleng..com/2016/12/inec-should-start-using-e-voting.html

Re: INEC Should Start Using E-voting Process - My Opinion by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
How will the non educated ones plus the elderly cope with such scheme? It definitel will b a cool avenue to embezzle public funds
Re: INEC Should Start Using E-voting Process - My Opinion by angeltolly(f): 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
e-voting in Nigeria? lipsrsealed

Re: INEC Should Start Using E-voting Process - My Opinion by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
cc: ishilove, ijebabe, dominique, lalasticlala, seun
Re: INEC Should Start Using E-voting Process - My Opinion by 9jatriot(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2016
u obviously don't know your country. politicians who all these while never regarded computer experts as anything will scot for the best hackers and rig the system electronically. we need to all swear by one juju before voting and be voted for for it to be free and fair. we defeat any know working systems and models. forget it.
Re: INEC Should Start Using E-voting Process - My Opinion by zendy: 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
Without E-voting, elections in Nigeria will remain a competition in rigging.
Re: INEC Should Start Using E-voting Process - My Opinion by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
i jux hope dey implement dis!
Re: INEC Should Start Using E-voting Process - My Opinion by babyfaceafrica: 11:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
People will still rig...you need todo research more....the change we need is behavioural....we are our own problem!!!
Re: INEC Should Start Using E-voting Process - My Opinion by mykeljosef: 1:22am On Dec 14, 2016
hackers get ready to get paid by apc n pdp

(1) (Reply)

Fg Recovers N1.44bn From Unremitted Operating Surpluses / Rip To Alh. Mamuda Ilu, The Former Chairman To Kaduna South Lg . / Dog Eats Newborn Baby At Bauchi Dump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.