Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. (12156 Views)

Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) / South East To Build Five Mega Industrial Clusters / Ambode Unveils Free Public Wi-fi At Muri Okunola Park (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by james592: 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lagos State Government on Sunday unveiled plans by his administration to build five new arts theatres across the State as part of efforts to engage the youths and promote tourism through arts and entertainment.
The Governor, who spoke at a stage play titled ‘Heartbeat The Musical…A New Beginning’ held at the Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos and directed by Olu Jacobs and Joke Silver, said the theatres would be up and running before the end of 2017.
Speaking shortly after the stage play, Governor Ambode said he was thoroughly impressed by the production of the play, saying it was a confirmation that Lagos is not only the destination for arts, culture and entertainment, but has a bulging youths ready to showcase their talents.
He said, “I never believed I could sit down for two hours, I thought I would just pop in briefly and then leave, but this is awesome and fantastic, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The mere fact that I believe strongly in arts, entertainment and sports, everything that is arts, like I said, before the end of next year, we are going to have five new theatres in Lagos.

“We are already engaging the Terra Kulture and we are speaking to another consultant and the truth is that we want to have the theatres in Badagry, Epe, Ikorodu, Alimosho and on the Mainland. We already have one in Victoria Island. But the truth is that this is where the energy of Lagos is and that is where we should go.
“It’s not so much about physical infrastructure, but 67 per cent of the Lagos population is below the age of 35, so we need to start finding things to keep the younger ones more creative and then open the space for them to be able to just show their talents.”
Governor Ambode also said that the State Government was fine-tuning plans ahead of the climax of its Lagos @ 50 celebrations coming up on May 27, 2017, adding that several events that would promote the arts and entertainment sector would be incorporated in the celebration.

http://www.lawsonjamesblog.com.ng/2016/12/governor-ambode-unveils-plans-to-build.html?m=1

5 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by omotay12345(m): 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ok. Good work.
Was dedicated to Ahmed olaniyi olagunju

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by Martinola(m): 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
Not a bad idea...carry on sir

11 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by dacovajnr: 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
Wasere Ambo..Lasgidi State of Mind kiss

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by SageTravels: 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
k
Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by Prazmira(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
OK.....carry on
Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by habibest06(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
.no1 active govnor, not like the other man from...i no mention name o

10 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by datopaper(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hello, Gov. If nay play, stop am. Ambode wan scam us. He no fit do am. I bet am. Nay talk ehn politics

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by kayceelol: 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
We are waiting
Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by adioolayi(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lagos should inherit National Art Theater from FG
Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by jchuchu(m): 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
K
Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by OMOTOWO(m): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
Safety Tips: Due to MMM Suspension of withdrawal
1. Make sure you are very close to your friends and relatives who are into MMM.
2.Observe their every movement and monitor where they are going to.
3. If you see any of them going close to a River, Ocean or Stream, raise an alarm and invite the police.
4. If you see any of them talking to him or herself, alert the nearest psychiatrist hospital.
5. If any of them begins to behave angrily and break or destroy things, please notify your friends and use cow rope to tie the person
Please pass it round to save lives

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by Graceraid: 8:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
Very good

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by seguno2: 8:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
In a state where many folks don't have ordinary tap water?
Who took his brain away?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by leahcimzil: 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
Godvernor!
Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by yomsad(m): 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
We love u sir, keep the good work going

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by RexTramadol1: 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
I dey shame i dey shame

you're killing yourself in silence

if you hide your problem

your problem will hide you

welldobe Ambo a ti de!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by fratermathy(m): 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
Finally, somebody is moving the arts forward.

There's still hope for Nigeria!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by AkinPhysicist: 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
cool
Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by mcquin(m): 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
Man of the moment! You deserve every accolade you get.

8 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by nasfem22(m): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
this is the only leader in Nigeria as far as am concerned

8 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by julioralph(m): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2016

Oga one is enough, invest the remaining money in tech pls.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by Adebowale89(m): 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
baba orobo cheesy keep it up

lagosians are behind u!

7 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by HQuadreal: 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nice 1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by Pray(m): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Build one first Sir. One step at a time.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by Maximuf: 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
Check this out

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by Goldenheart(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2016
ambode my nigga grin

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by Arewa12: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
Mmm

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by omohayek: 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
seguno2:
In a state where many folks don't have ordinary tap water?
Who took his brain away?

Exactly! I don't understand the enthusiasm for this proposal on here, when there are so many more pressing things in need of funds and attention. Has Ambode finished refurbishing all the primary schools in Lagos? Has he funded enough primary care centers to bring infant and maternal mortality rates down sharply? Have all roads with potholes in the state been fixed up? What is he planning to do about water utilities? How regularly and efficiently is garbage pickup running? And when is Ambode going to make a serious effort at getting the telcos the rights of way to extend fiber-optic cable throughout the state?

If Ambode can truly say he's already settled all of the things I've mentioned, then we can sit and talk about something like this. Until then, it is the height of foolishness and irresponsibility to be wasting taxpayer funds on buildings private enterprises could easily construct on their own - assuming the commercial demand existed for them.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode Unveils Plans To Build Five New Arts Theatres. by wristbangle: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
MMM why nau! crycry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Rejects FG’s Emergency Rule Option, Says Killings Worse In APC States / LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT / Who Is Nigeria's Most Respected Statesman (dead Or Alive)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.