Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

More Good News For Chelsea Football Club As Star Defender Signs New Three- Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / More Good News For Chelsea Football Club As Star Defender Signs New Three- Year (544 Views)

Oshoala Scores A Brace Against Her Former Club As Barca Defeats Arsenal 2-5. / Inside Chelsea Football Team's Plane (video, Photos) / Nigeria's Falcons Facing Non-payments And No Surgery For Star Defender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

More Good News For Chelsea Football Club As Star Defender Signs New Three- Year by djemillionia: 8:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
Cesar Azpilicueta has agreed a new three-and-a-half-year deal at Chelsea, the club have confirmed, tying the defender to the club until 2020.

The versatile 27-year-old has impressed during Antonio Conte’s first season in charge, operating as part of a three- man defence and contributing to the Blues’ march to the top of the Premier League table. Nominally a full-back,

the Spain international has become accustomed to playing on the right-hand side of Conte’s preferred backline, alongside David Luiz and Gary Cahill.

The former Osasuna player could make his 200th appearance for Chelsea against Sunderland on Wednesday, having joined from Marseille in 2012.

“I’m really happy to have signed a new contract,” he told the club’s official website. “Since I arrived here my target was to progress as a player and win trophies.

This new contract gives me the chance to continue my relationship with the club, that’s what I wanted and obviously I’m really happy here. “We’ve had some really good moments so far this season. From day one, we started working very hard.

We have a new manager with new ideas and I’m really happy to be working with him. Obviously we can still improve but the long-term aim for us is to win trophies, that is what we all want, the players, manager and fans.”

http://loadedhub.com/sports/good-news-chelsea-football-club-star-defender-signs-new-three-year-deal/

(1) (Reply)

[video]senegal 2-0 Tunisia AFCON 2017 Highlights / We Have Proved We Can Play Without Victor Moses : Antonio Conte / Eden Hazard Compares Himself To Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.