Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Nairaland Need To Upgrade - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Need To Upgrade (1336 Views)

How To Upgrade From Business Name To Limited Liability Company / Fraud Alert, Nairaland Need To Act Fast / 5 Simple Ways To Upgrade Your Life In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Need To Upgrade by xolomonstrides(m): 12:07am On Dec 14, 2016
Nairaland !
I have noticed over the years that nairaland has not changed must. There has been nothing new when it comes to user interface and experience. I am opening this thread to get feedback to the mods and developers on the need to add some more features.

Please add an UNLIKE button just like YouTube. This platform has not evolve for years now it has always been the same old way please add some fun.

Let's get some other suggestions hopefully the developers would listen.

CC: Seun, lalasticlala.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Seun(m): 12:11am On Dec 14, 2016
What part of Nairaland is not satisfying you at the moment?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by BiafranBushBoy: 12:14am On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:

Sir please give us an unlike button. So that when people see 1000likes and 5000unlikes, they will know that what they said wasn't actually making sense!!

It helps to create a balance!

So many dumb posts these days! angry

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by RoyalBlak007: 12:23am On Dec 14, 2016
.An unlike button/icon , Some new SECTIONS
.smileys , new efficient reliable mods undecided
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:27am On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:

can we have the underline feature [u][/u]

No provision for embedding codes ?

No share buttons for social media , even comments should be shared

We should be able to save comments we like - like Twitter's 'favorites' .

There are so many man

First and second are exigent though

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Mimzyy(f): 12:37am On Dec 14, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

Cc Seun. Plssss...The unlike button

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by daewoorazer(m): 12:42am On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:

No one mentioned the messaging part... Having to request to an email is archaic kinda... undecided

Pls review

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by RoyalBlak007: 1:23am On Dec 14, 2016
.Cc
Mimzyy shocked.
smiley

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by nerilove(m): 1:38am On Dec 14, 2016
I stand with the op
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by chigoziri2403(m): 1:38am On Dec 14, 2016
nairaland should have it's own inbox, pm through email is burdensome, and lags
people pix where they Comment
link to social media.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by chigoziri2403(m): 1:41am On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:
can we see the people that liked and shared our posts, like you know Who quoted your statement, but you can't see those that liked it.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by xolomonstrides(m): 6:09am On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:

I must confess I am so impressed with the quick response of Mr Seun. This is the kind of customer relationship that build businesses. This kind of response to users is worth emulating. Response within 5 mins. Most business owners out there open businesses and leave them on autopilot. No feedback mechanism, even when they get unsolicited feedback, it falls on deaf ears.
Mr Seun you just got my respect even more. Big ups

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Codedrock(m): 6:41am On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:
Well, I created a Thread earlier which you ignored:

Hello oga Seun, My complaint is basically on the follow feature. The following feature on Nairaland if I'm correct is for you to see posts by the people you follow but we can all agree its useless. Seun as a user on Nairaland follows about 200+ people but I'll guess that's just for fun because I believe you don't click on the following button to see posts from people you follow why? Because they are not organized. Since I've joined Nairaland I could only follow 2-3 people because i follow those people so I could see their posts but if I follow more than that I'll get tired because there would be too many posts to check, about now I should be following up to ten people I want to keep seeing their posts but I can't cos I won't be able to see the top priority ones, due to these I only follow the top priority users which at moment is just 2.
I believe there's a way that can be more organized.

Secondly.. What's the point of you getting followers if people can't see how many people follows you. The kind of audience you have. It would be much lovely if the number of followers show on people's profile. It feels good to know you have an audience.

This is a professional complain as an active Nairaland user, I hope the Administrator takes it serious and not just close the thread and say: "Thanks for the suggestions"

By the way guys what do you think??

And there are more interesting features you can still add.
So what say you Seun?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Codedrock(m): 6:48am On Dec 14, 2016
xolomonstrides:
Nairaland !
I have noticed over the years that nairaland has not changed must. There has been nothing new when it comes to user interface and experience. I am opening this thread to get feedback to the mods and developers on the need to add some more features.

Please add an UNLIKE button just like YouTube. This platform has not evolve for years now it has always been the same old way please add some fun.

Let's get some other suggestions hopefully the developers would listen.

CC: Seun, lalasticlala.

Well, sebi you just joined 3yrs ago me have been an active member since 2011. And I can basically tell you I'm really tired and I can tell that hard-core Nairalanders(I mean people who spend a lot of their time on NL) are even more tired. The last upgrade was in 2012 which was a great one even though many Nairalanders loved the old interface but immediately I saw this new interface I fell in love with it. But there has been nothing since then.
Seun do something. Arghh.. ...
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Codedrock(m): 6:57am On Dec 14, 2016
Why are many Nairalanders so obsessed with the unlike button though smiley over the years I have seen a lot of NL users ask for it but Seun wouldn't give. Trust me don't waste your time asking for an unlike button, he's finalized his decision and I don't think you guys have enough reasons to convince him... Only him can change is own mind.
Either ways Seun should stop giving that excuse of "if someone gets too many unlikes, the person can commit suicide or hurt himself" cos that can barely happen, even though it's possible.

Mimzyy:

Cc Seun. Plssss...The unlike button
BiafranBushBoy:

Sir please give us an unlike button. So that when people see 1000likes and 5000unlikes, they will know that what they said wasn't actually making sense!!
It helps to create a balance!
So many dumb posts these days! angry
RoyalBlak007:

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Seun(m): 11:49am On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
can we have the underline feature?
Yes, it is actually there, but it's discouraged to avoid confusion with links.

No provision for embedding codes ?
The 
code
tag
does this.

We should be able to save comments we like - like Twitter's 'favorites'
See https://www.nairaland.com/mylikes and https://www.nairaland.com/myshared!

No share buttons for social media, even comments should be shared
We left it out because I wanted to avoid cluttering the UI, but now, I can think of some ways to make it work.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:56am On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:

The 
code
tag
does this.

We left it out because I wanted to avoid cluttering the UI, but now, I can think of some ways to make it work.

Oh .. thanks smiley
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by AK481(m): 12:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
seun,you are a good man.

ever since i joined nairaland,i hardly visit any other forum and news sites because i believe we have it all here in nairaland.

but,there is still one major thing left,this major thing is why i still visit facebook,twitter and linda ikeji social etc...

thats the chat and communication issue,why should i not be able to chat instantly with those i am following and those who are following me.
its understandable for security reason not to chat with any one on nairaland,but the very moment you follow some one,that will to some extendt build a relationship that is worth instant chating.
arent u happy when nairalanders marry themselves? dont u want to see more of that?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by nasfem22(m): 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
seun you need to talk to your mods about
banning of Nlanders anyhow, the other day I said great Lautech and I was banned for 48hours.
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
Seun,

I felt I just needed some enlightenment so I didn't bother opening a new thread.

Please why is it that i can see people's signature on their posts. i noticed from screenshots that people can see other nairalanders' signatures from their regular posts.

is it because I am not using the nairaland app?

I have used various browsers on my phone to access Nairaland like Opera mini and Mozilla browser. I also use my phone browser too. Same thing.

Maybe there's something I need to know.
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:

provide an option to block or hide posts of people you dislike. this will immediately reduce efights and counter trolls.
there are some people who bring nothing but conflict to threads for the lulz. an option to block some silly boy who is spamming a serious discussion by toasting a poster can easily be countered.
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by KealDrogo: 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:

The 
code
tag
does this.

Seun; this is not related to this topic but hear me out.
I can't create a Topic for the past months i registered on your site. There is no option to create topic on my profile why? Is creating a Topic restricted for some people only or what?
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by KealDrogo: 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:
Introduce the option to modify profile name. This is very important. A lot of nairalanders need this option. Instead of creating a new profile just to modify profile name. Consider this.
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Seun(m): 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2016
ProfTea18:
Seun,

I felt I just needed some enlightenment so I didn't bother opening a new thread.

Please why is it that i can see people's signature on their posts. i noticed from screenshots that people can see other nairalanders' signatures from their regular posts.

is it because I am not using the nairaland app?

I have used various browsers on my phone to access Nairaland like Opera mini and Mozilla browser. I also use my phone browser too. Same thing.

Maybe there's something I need to know.
We only show signatures to people who have signatures.
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Seun(m): 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
KealDrogo:

Seun; this is not related to this topic but hear me out.
I can't create a Topic for the past months i registered on your site. There is no option to create topic on my profile why? Is creating a Topic restricted for some people only or what?
The create topic button can be found on the section where you want to post the topic.
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
KealDrogo:

Introduce the option to modify profile name. This is very important. A lot of nairalanders need this option. Instead of creating a new profile just to modify profile name. Consider this.
It is usually counter-productive for the community as a whole. Pick your username wisely so you won't have to change it!
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Julius2214(m): 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
nasfem22:
seun you need to talk to your mods about
banning of Nlanders anyhow, the other day I said great Lautech and I was banned for 48hours.
I can't stop laughing
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by KealDrogo: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2016
Seun:
The create topic button can be found on the section where you want to post the topic.
Have seen it wink
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:
We only show signatures to people who have signatures.
I think that's nice policy. some people don't really want to be bugged with getting to see people's signature.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hello
Re: Nairaland Need To Upgrade by Olaolex: 8:51am On Dec 15, 2022
Seun:
Please sir, I think there should be block button. There are some people that are very annoying here. So, if there is block button, one will not have to see annoying posts from these people everyday.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

20 Impossible Facts That Are Almost Hard To Believe / Nigeria’s Science, Technology Roadmap To Tackle Capital Flight / Movie: The Snowman (2017) || Deckmob.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.