Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

5 Reasons Why Some Android Smartphones Are Expensive - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Why Some Android Smartphones Are Expensive (14045 Views)

Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / Top 3 Features In Iphone X Which Some Android Users Wished They Had / How Smartphones Are Gradually Damaging Your Eyes - MUST READ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Some Android Smartphones Are Expensive by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:05am On Dec 15, 2016
mfujah:
i fear tot that guy will fall ur hand... u try bro... u get facts and figures. ... obviously u work hard for the money!
Just doing my best. Actually critics really get me to do my job better. I don't have any ish with PhonePlanet grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Some Android Smartphones Are Expensive by mfujah(m): 7:10am On Dec 15, 2016
LegendaryArnold:
Tbh, no phone is really expensive, except for the customised gold plated and diamond crusted ones. Na just exchange rate. Inflate am for 9ja.
You are very correct.... i need a small phone to support my samsang j2... i rushed to the market makarfi plaza to get a nokia 130 which was 5k before dollar rise... now it sold for 13k... with no memory card 4G is 10k.. so painful but i needed.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Some Android Smartphones Are Expensive by initialize(m): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2016
How did this make poorly researched topic make frontpage?

How about you factor in;

a) Cost of Distribution

b) Payment of Staffs and Royalties

c) Allocation for shares and retention for services and warranty

d) Tax

e) Cost of Marketing and Promotions [Bonanza as called in Nigeria]

f) Maintenance and Sustainainace of the Brand name and infrastructures

g) Force Majuere

h) Miscellaneous

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Some Android Smartphones Are Expensive by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 15, 2016
Thus is wack, do ur research and get ur facts right .
Re: 5 Reasons Why Some Android Smartphones Are Expensive by louiziana(m): 7:50am On Dec 15, 2016
Rayfield:
Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG and future Nokia Android would continue to be expensive for one thing, Cost of Production Quality, while Chinese products will be due to exchange rate because cost of production in China is the cheapeast ever...

But bros, even Apple products are assembled in China, and finished in California. The HQ of HTC is in Taiwan, leave tech for the asians o.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Some Android Smartphones Are Expensive by jef131: 8:29am On Dec 15, 2016
Bro u post doesn't thrill
Re: 5 Reasons Why Some Android Smartphones Are Expensive by ewizard1: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2016
PhonePlanet:
im just doing what i know how to do best grin grin
exactly my thought! Definitely what you know how to do best!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Some Android Smartphones Are Expensive by investigator007: 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
luigiajah:
Smartphones are quite popular these days but most aren't too affordable. I decided to make a research. Here are the reasons why some Android phones are expensive

Cost Of Production
The device manufacturers normally go through the cost of producing the device. They now decide how much they wish to make on the device. Apple makes about 3 times of the cost of producing their devices.

Profit Earned By The Company.
The lower the smartphone price, the lower the company earns and vice versa . I think this plays a major role in determining the price of a smartphone because if the manufacturers reduce the price, it would reflect on the price of the device in a few weeks.

Customer Preference

Most smartphone companies divide their product targeting into 4. This helps them determine how much a product should be placed so that it gets to all classes of people in the economy.

1. Rich customer/customer who cares a lot about their tech/Customer who wants to look hip with the latest high-end tech – High-end smartphone AND high-end tablet (costs lot, big margins)

2. Poorer customer who just wants a smartphone or tablet – low-cost smartphone OR low cost tablet (pretty cheap, small margins)

3. Savvy customer who’s chosen what’s best for their (bigger) budget – High-end smartphone

4. Savvy poorer customer who’s chosen what’s best for their (smaller) budget – Low-end phone tab

Exchange Rate
Most of the times you wail and shout about the cost of a device without knowing that it's our exchange rate that's causing the rise in price. A Smartphone that should sell for N15,000 in a stable economy now sells for double of the price

Customer Reach Link
The number of people the phone goes through before it gets to you might determine the cost Let's assume that the importer of a phone of 15,000 sells it for N20,000 - Wholesaler buys from importer and sells For N23,000 - Retailer buys from wholesaler and sells for N27,000.
You can see how the price has increased
exchange rate is one of the biggest reasons to me
Re: 5 Reasons Why Some Android Smartphones Are Expensive by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2020
its just pure greed, nothing else.

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Best 3GB RAM Phones And Their Price In Nigeria / The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out / Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.