Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model (14073 Views)

Can This Airtel Mifi Be Bypassed / Identical Twins Who Fooled The Iphone X Face ID / Apple Iphone X Face ID Fooled And Bypassed By Security Firm Using A Face Mask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by TechZiga: 2:41am On Nov 14, 2017
A security firm known as Bkav which put the Apple iPhone X to a test claims that they have bypassed the iPhone X face ID. The company who stated that the Face ID is not an effective security measure, explained that they have used a popular 3D printer, nose, and skin made by a handmade artist and used 2D printing for other parts like eyes and a costs of about $150 to fool the Face ID Feature.

Ngo Tuan Anh, Bkav’s Vice President of Cyber Security, said:
The mask is crafted by combining 3D printing with makeup and 2D images, besides some special processing on the cheeks and around the face, where there are large skin areas, to fool AI of Face ID.

According to the company, the reason for the experiment, was to prove that Apple iPhone X face ID feature was not an effective security measure. According to Bkav, biometric security, fingerprint sensor is the best.

Source: http://www.techchairman.com/2017/11/security-firm-bypassed-iphone-x-face-id.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by marksooyinmiebi(m): 6:30am On Nov 14, 2017
Who will go through all this to hack a phone?

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by Charles042: 6:30am On Nov 14, 2017
OK
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by temmypotter(m): 6:30am On Nov 14, 2017
bad belle people

All this to critique another person's product

6 Likes

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by lilfreezy: 6:31am On Nov 14, 2017
Nawa o. All these wahala just to pass phone security. Well, my babe can do all that just to read my WhatsApp messages grin

22 Likes

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by tayorh(m): 6:31am On Nov 14, 2017
Cool
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by Offpoint: 6:32am On Nov 14, 2017
nothing is unhackable.

please Nairalanders, please I take God beg una.. stop using the word *offpoint* I can't be waking up every morning to tons of *mentioned* aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I go come dey tin sey na dem NL bae dey dm me, if I check DP na all this guys with rock faces...
abeg make una stop to dey mention me...

9 Likes

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 14, 2017
grin

iPhone X..... Phew!!!!. No phone is totally secured.

That's the spirit. Most people don't really know what this security company is talking about. They think is about someone stealing a phone and having to bypass the security. It is far more than that. Again, the mask is not replacing the phone like some people think. Rather it will help gain access to a phone and probably get information worth billions of dollars.

We are talking about terrorism, Breach of privacy.

15 Likes

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by COdeGenesis: 6:32am On Nov 14, 2017
Na WA o
. People deriving success from another brand. Just reminds me of timaya and one guy like that
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by wolextayo: 6:32am On Nov 14, 2017
DeutschJunge:
hype
wolextayo:
cool
OrestesDante:
grin
Offpoint:
g
tayorh:
Cool
lilfreezy:
shocked
temmypotter:
bad belle people

All this to critique another person's product
Charles042:
OK
Oblongata:
Dg
Why una Dey do like this. Some people have better things to say but you choose to book all the space.

7 Likes

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by DeutschJunge: 6:32am On Nov 14, 2017
The phone is just hyped unnecessarily, why should someone pay $1200 just because you want to send poop or unicorn emoji that carries your voice? That's just the only special feature it has, it has nothing productive to boast of. The last time apple did something significant was when they first introduced the phone in 2007, since then they have been playing catch-up and hyping it.

Disclaimer
This message was uploaded by an Iphone user.

19 Likes

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by ExAngel007(f): 6:33am On Nov 14, 2017
x
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by coolie1: 6:33am On Nov 14, 2017
haha... people keeping spaces will be like...g. gf DG d

3 Likes

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by InfinixMine: 6:33am On Nov 14, 2017
Lobatan

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by tahir01(m): 6:33am On Nov 14, 2017
just to hack a phone?
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 14, 2017
marksooyinmiebi:

Sit down there. Do you think they are talking about thieves that will steal phones and resell in Computer village?

24 Likes

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by dayleke: 6:34am On Nov 14, 2017
marksooyinmiebi:

Abi o...
Help me tell dem na...
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by aAK1(m): 6:34am On Nov 14, 2017
marksooyinmiebi:
same people who spend millions of dollars to dig up dirt for political purpose

7 Likes

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 14, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
FCT .... this land is not for sale...

I dedicate this piece of land to Jubril grin grin grin

eeyaa
you are even proud to be our pig....

how is your ....? hope not over eaten ?

BTW that thing na FTC and not FCT

1 Like

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 14, 2017
marksooyinmiebi:
oceans 11 guys. Or Tom cruise, mission impossible.
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by babablogger: 6:36am On Nov 14, 2017
iris scanner would have been perfect
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by 9jatatafo(m): 6:36am On Nov 14, 2017
Making apple very popular
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by Thukzee01(m): 6:36am On Nov 14, 2017
Am not understanding ooo
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by Abudu2000(m): 6:36am On Nov 14, 2017
This tells you how far ppl can go to see u fail..

1 Like

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by Ukalejohn(m): 6:37am On Nov 14, 2017
Spend $150 just to hack a phone? Nobody is following me from village abeg
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by marksooyinmiebi(m): 6:37am On Nov 14, 2017
OrestesDante:

Sit down there. Do you think they are talking about thieves that will steal phones and resell in Computer village?

The cost of the mask is even way more then 7 iPhone X.

So what’s the point.
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2017
africansunite:

eeyaa you are even proud to be our pig....

how is your ....? hope not over eaten ?

Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by Phony200(m): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2017
If you no get money, hide your face... grin
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by marksooyinmiebi(m): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2017
uddeze:
oceans 11 guys. Or Tom cruise, mission impossible.

I bet.
Re: Security Firm Bypassed Iphone X Face ID With 3D Face Mask Model by marksooyinmiebi(m): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2017
aAK1:
same people who spend millions of dollars to dig up dirt for political purpose

I bet

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solution To Stop Mtn From Deducting Your Airtime / 5 Reasons To Buy Phones With Snapdragon 835 Chipset / Airtel Have Done It Again Oooooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.