Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers (14384 Views)

Ekiti Varsity Retains Lamido Sanusi as Chancellor / Technical University Ibadan: Oyo State-Owned Varsity To Begin Operation January / Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by beegurl(f): 7:29am On Dec 14, 2016
So true. They were given letter of termination last week.
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by baba11(m): 7:29am On Dec 14, 2016
Had it been that i was employed in that varsity during my NYSC programme..i will be expecting my sack later now..thanks or no thanks to my inability in taking along my original credentials along with me which invalidate my supposed interview after the test i performed exceedingly!!!

Such is life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by vicola0281: 7:30am On Dec 14, 2016
it is finished.. moku mogbe modaran
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by Fahj(m): 7:44am On Dec 14, 2016
Atiku2019:
400 shocked shocked
Can a state University have over 400 staff under its payroll?
they are newly employed staff of the university.
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by STDAVID32: 7:45am On Dec 14, 2016
Na wah for Ekiti ppl oo...so dey can participate in Buhari's N.power program nd Fayose too can address the ppl participated??
I tot Fayose will discourage his state not to have anytin to wit Buhari nd his govt. ni

Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by Fahj(m): 7:48am On Dec 14, 2016
Firefire:

I see lies and propaganda in the publication..,
not at all, I am a student of the university, alone in my department they employed 10 new assistant lecturers.
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by Firefire(m): 7:54am On Dec 14, 2016
Fahj:

not at all, I am a student of the university, alone in my department they employed 10 new assistant lecturers.

Wonderful!

So, you can confirm that 400 staff of your school were disengaged?
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by Fahj(m): 8:00am On Dec 14, 2016
That is since about a week ago the institution have been on strike for unable to pay salary, even before the governor the VC had already made the statements.
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by brexit: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2016
MOUAU employed more than this number by the last regime and promoted his cronies without due process,and despite directive by the minister of education,NUC and ASUU for the university to reverse to status quo nothing has been done,so Buhari as the visitor follow Fayose footstep.
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by faithchubby93(f): 8:22am On Dec 14, 2016
Atiku2019:
400 shocked shocked
yes o the work force in that school is like half of the full time student! recently, 100+ staffs were employed by the school!
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by Corrinthians(m): 8:33am On Dec 14, 2016
RentALodge:
This looks cruel on the surface, until you realize that most that were recruited were done through nepotism, tribalism and pure favouritism. And more, some of them are not even qualified.

It has been identified that in government recruitment processes in Nigeria, sentiment and other primordial issues like ethnicity, nepotism and favoritism are given more consideration in terms of employment than merit. This adversely leads to labour turnover and increased costs of governance. The major challenges identified are constant political interference which manifested out of the desire of the politicians to get their relatives in the service; recruitment purely based on skills rather than good attitude and the principle of federal character that further compounded the problem in the form of ethnic balancing.

If we are to refurbish sanity in the exercise, the Nigerian Public Service should lay more emphasis on meritocracy irrespective of applicant’s background and/or affiliation and the issue of political obstruction should be brought to a halt. Candidates to be considered for recruitment should have good and moral attitude in addition to skills and recruiters be accorded the desired independence and freedom as this will enable them to use appropriate methods of conducting the exercise in order to get it right.

I cannot be called a big Fayose fan but if these were sacked because they were illegally recruited, then I don't see any rational reason I should oppose him.
Wow, had this been done by an APC governor, would you have said the same? Wouldnt you have screamed blue murder that they want to kill Nigerians not taking into account the country is in recession?

You PDP and APC fanatics need serious redemption.
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by billyG(m): 9:14am On Dec 14, 2016
Lescott7:
Eksu has staff strength of over 1500 which comprises 500 academic staff and the rest are non academic. Adding 400 persons to the payroll will be a very big problem for the institution, the academic staff are currently on strike due to non payment of salary. The best move has been taken by governor.
If buhari sack 400 staff it will b good move abi?fayose is a vampire!how maany jobs has he created?
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by notoriousbabe: 9:19am On Dec 14, 2016
Lobatan. The romance is over
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by linsa01(m): 10:06am On Dec 14, 2016
Fahj:

In EKSU! I doubt that. Which Department is that?
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by Lescott7(m): 10:10am On Dec 14, 2016
billyG:

If buhari sack 400 staff it will b good move abi?fayose is a vampire!how maany jobs has he created?
You don't seem to understand what actually led to their sacking. I will suggest you read the news again, it was stated there that the employment didn't follow due process. It's a norm for any recruitment in government establishments to be advertised, the recruitment wasn't advertised and those employed were employed based on long leg.

Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by gbengaoa(m): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2016
Grammar is the problem our people have here on nairaland. They only read the headline and then comment. Some set of people were employed without due process, that makes them illegal, they are occupying a space that does not belong to them, they came in thru the backdoor,. The most honorable thing to do is to send them packing through the front door. That's all.
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by AntiIPOOP(m): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2016
Seriousboy:
Nice thing to do there Mr governor. They were not to work forever, let them use all their salaries they have been earning to go into biz and make ways for others.
#Jobscreation
Just because your papa is not among. Ok.
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by billyG(m): 10:49am On Dec 14, 2016
Lescott7:
You don't seem to understand what actually led to their sacking. I will suggest you read the news again, it was stated there that the employment didn't follow due process. It's a norm for any recruitment in government establishments to be advertised, the recruitment wasn't advertised and those employed were employed based on long leg.
u didnt understand me i repeat if buhari sack 400 workers whose employment did not follow due process will u call it good move?whatever ff due process in 9jeria.
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by ogunsj: 12:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
beegurl:
So true. They were given letter of termination last week.
please it seems that you on ground. who enployed them, is it fayose govt or fayemi govt.?
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by beegurl(f): 2:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
ogunsj:
please it seems that you on ground. who enployed them, is it fayose govt or fayemi govt.?

Fayose, most were employed about 7months ago not certain. Not up to a year thou. A department I know of, up to 7 lecturers were employed
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by Seriousboy: 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

Just because your papa is not among. Ok.
That is why every workers must plan ahead of somrthing of this nature.
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by NaijaBlend: 9:51am On Dec 15, 2016
Atiku2019:
400 shocked shocked

You are not serious! Are you sure you went to a university?
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by NaijaBlend: 9:54am On Dec 15, 2016
billyG:

Why do we always speak from either apposition of ignorance or partisanship?
Do you know what Due Process in recruitment means?
Please, park well jor!
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by Atiku2019: 9:56am On Dec 15, 2016
NaijaBlend:

You are not serious! Are you sure you went to a university?
Nope Bro
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by billyG(m): 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
NaijaBlend:

Why do we always speak from either apposition of ignorance or partisanship? Do you know what Due Process in recruitment means? Please, park well jor!
choi!Mr Due Process.
Re: Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers by billyG(m): 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
Lescott7:
understnd na!will u equally praise buhari if he sack 400 civil servants whose employment did not ff d so called due process without been partisan?

JAMB To Enforce Provision Of O-Level Results Before Admission / Top Five Reasons Why Students Miss Out Of Scholarship Opportunities / Obafemi Awolowo University Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session