Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC (11353 Views)

More Humiliation Like Dino Melaye To Occur, If We Don't Voice Out- Aroms Aigbehi / No More Fuel Crisis In Nigeria............nnpc / Niger State Applies For 2 Oil Blocks, Targets Own Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by 5starmilitant: 11:59am On Dec 14, 2016
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by balosunky(m): 11:59am On Dec 14, 2016
mamabomboy:
NNPC like all Nigerian public agencies is a disgrace due to its high population of islamist fulani and afonja staff. Also the leadership is also always fulani and afonja. If nigeria is to move forward, then all agencies should massively fire their afonja and fulani staff. This is the only way.
I now understand y your father refuse to your school fee anymore i feel for the old man he has wasted his hard earn money on an unprofitable child
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Aburi001: 12:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
mamabomboy:
NNPC like all Nigerian public agencies is a disgrace due to its high population of islamist fulani and afonja staff. Also the leadership is also always fulani and afonja. If nigeria is to move forward, then all agencies should massively fire their afonja and fulani staff. This is the only way.
The NNPC should also tell Nigerians, OPEC and World at large that they don't know the EXACT barrels of Crude Oil being produced daily.

It's obvious they don't have a World-class metering/measuring systems. Truth be told....
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Ijaya123: 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2016
limeta:

He is right

Says who?
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by erico2k2(m): 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
mamabomboy:

www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/217874-nnpc-doesnt-know-how-many-oil-blocks-nigeria-has-coo.html
This people sef like long story I get the list nah them for ask me
Even the owners name sef we get !
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by erico2k2(m): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2016
Aburi001:
The NNPC should also tell Nigerians, OPEC and World at large that they don't know the EXACT barrels of Crude Oil being produced daily.

It's obvious they don't have a World-class metering/measuring systems. Truth be told....
Dem nor get shame ohh they will do it if asked after all them say they do t k kw the amount of debt owed by Nigeria
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
mamabomboy:

www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/217874-nnpc-doesnt-know-how-many-oil-blocks-nigeria-has-coo.html

Dumb and clueless leaders at the helm of affairs.

If they don't know the number of oil blocks in Nigeria they don't know how much they are generating from oil except they have been giving us paper figures.
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by wonlasewonimi: 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
Prodigal sons
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by netprenuer: 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
I wonder how much these guys loot...
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Waspy(m): 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
That statement sounds just like "I don't know if I have sense or not"

Well, I doubt if Buhari knows either.. ..His concern is his cows

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Afonjas: 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
Corrupt government

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by sampark201: 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
You are so stupid for saying you dnt know how many Oil blocks we have in Nigeria as the COO of NNPC ..Oba awon Waray .. Oloshi Jati Jati ..
mamabomboy:

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Halo22: 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
Let them ask T Y Danjuma.
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Afonjas: 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
Tokziby:
WOW!!! The extent of corruption in this country is unrivaled. If NNPC doesnt know the number of oil blocks in the country, then it means there are many unlicensed drilling going on in the country. CNN must have been completely wrong to say Nigeria loses $8 Billion to oil theft annually. Why wont we be in recession?? Check out this people, the right way to account for every single drop of ur oil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nct5mOypfY

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by remiopash: 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
mamabomboy:

Department of Petroleum resources is the agency saddled with responsibility of issuing oil mining licenses to prospective oil block owners.

1 Like

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nigerians are illiterates and sensationalists. The interpretation of what that he said is that Oil licenses is the business of DPR and they are the ones who keep records of such. If it is not within his remit, why is he expected to make an official comment on behalf of an entity over which he has no jurisdiction or mandate?

If I were him, even if I know, I would say the same thing. "Ask DPR"
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by kickhard: 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
vodutive:
Nigerians are illiterates and sensationalists. The interpretation of what that he said is that Oil wells is the business of DPR and they are the ones who keep records of such. If it is not within his remit, why is he expected to know or speak on behalf of an entity over which he has no jurisdiction or mandate?

Wake up dear and don't glorify wilful ignorance. It's more like saying a commissioner for town planning doesn't know the number of towns in his state; why not take up the state's map and count the towns physically?

The Niger Delta concession map contains all the oil blocks in Nigeria in the producing basins. While you may not know the rights owners as it keeps changing due to farm-in farm-out and other clauses, you can physically count all the blocks in Nigeria within 30 minutes.
Please call a spade a spade, that guy is not smart.

2 Likes

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by homosapien(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
mamabomboy:

Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu must also be a fulani or Afonja according to your warped reasoning.

1 Like

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by 9japride(m): 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
This kind of things happens when we keep electing thugs, bigots, religious fanatics and dullards into power. While the oil producing areas is being devastated and filled with penury. Shame on all of us in this country.
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
kickhard:

Wake up dear and don't glorify wilful ignorance. It's more like saying a commissioner for town planning doesn't know the number of towns in his state; why not take up the state's map and count the towns physically?

The Niger Delta concession map contains all the oil blocks in Nigeria in the producing basins. While you may not know the rights owners as it keeps changing due to farm-in farm-out and others clauses, you can physically count all the blocks in Nigeria within 30 minutes.
Please call a spade a spade, that guy is not smart.

It is not ignorance. You and the ones sensationalising this are the ones displaying your ignorance

1. You might not realise this going by the cowboy manner we do things in this country but in well organised environments, when it comes to official correspondence or statements, there is official protocol. You do not make official comments on what is not is not within your jurisdiction.

2. DPR is not an agency of NNPC and so he has no authority or mandate to comment on the workings of the DPR. Anything he says is hearsay because it is not within his authority.

3) Like I said If I were in his shoes I would give the same answer. anybody can google the concession map, which means the house members also have the information. So when they ask hi that sort of question they are asking him for the record and he has no mandate to answer in an official capacity because as he told them, it is the jurisdiction of the DPR. If they want an OFFICIAL ,ON THE RECORD response, they should ask the official record keeper.

The problem with many of you Nigerians up in arms is that standards have dropped over the decades and many of you are not schooled in the proper way of doing things especially in an organization. You will never find one agency commenting on the business of another parallel agency in any civilised environment "on the record!" because anything issued by any government agency is an official gazzette and the contents become official and has legal implications.

1 Like

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by arabianights: 12:54pm On Dec 14, 2016
I think he is lying. There are various ways to know those that have licenses. He know exactly why he chose not to reveal
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by ThinkSmarter: 1:04pm On Dec 14, 2016
Chai! This z like a Father saying he doesn't know d no:. of children he has. Nigeria z controlled and manipulated by cabals, Seems it will be better if Nigeria z Bought and privatized, or recolonised.
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
It is like asking the vice chancellor of Unilag how many Universities are there in Nigeria. He may know but it is not his business to be making an official statement on how many Universities Nigeria has. The number of Universities in Nigeria is not his Business, his business is Unilag. He will ask you to ask the Nigerian Universities commision and rightly so....because as custodians and regulators of ALL Nigerian Universities, it's only the figure that the NUC gives that is valid.
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by jidxin(m): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2016
mamabomboy:
fooolish boy wit a foooolish comment... pls grow up nd stop being stooopid nd stop displaying ur shallow mind to d public

1 Like

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Pylony(m): 1:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
How would they know, When their hands are soiled in corruption?
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by galeiiTNA: 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2016
Let them carry the Oil blocs unaccounted for and give them to South South citizens. I am from the South East and I think it is only right
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2016
The question right thinking people should really be asking is ........what calibre of people are in this House committee on petroleum and saddled with the task of overseeing the petroleum industry, that don't know that it is not the NNPC but the DPR that keeps records or allocates Oil blocks?

and if they know it doesn't fall under his authority, why are they wasting their time asking the man from NNPC?

1 Like

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by ruudcruise(m): 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
We are FINISHED!!!

Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by mayorchelsea(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
One mumu above said Afonjas and Northerners dominate NNPC,is that true?If true,are afonjas really slaves?
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
I thought I've heard it all...
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by sirjomore(m): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
what more is clueless??
Re: We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC by laudate: 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
mamabomboy:

Where does Kachikwu come from?? sad Where does the current MD of PPMC/NNPC come from??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed / Nigeria’s Economy Choking Under Pangs Of Politics- Businessday / Arewa Youths Can’t Fool Us With Withdrawal— Niger Delta Agitators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.