Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? (731 Views)

How Do We Stop Islam ? / Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! / Should We Stop Giving Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by ogajim(m): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2009
Fleecing the flock comes in various forms/ways these days from compulsory tithing, "seed sowing", endless building fund offerings, etc. We need to discuss these fallacies in a Godly manner because he is the one we serve after all, I have my takes on some of these issues and also don't believe the the "Church" makes the Christian and the fact that fellowship and worship with other believers are the only Christian requirements fulfilled in a "Church". One can look all over Europe and see that this made in America and polished in Nigeria prosperity teachings can't take root as these people have seen this before and won't buy what these modern day "MOGs" are selling. We need to educate the people to know what is expected and what is not so they can keep the little change in their pockets and love and help one another instead of giving it to a dude to buy more suits, SUVs, etc.

Let us give our honest take on this issue, God bless.
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by MrCrackles(m): 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2009
Na today. . . .
Fleecing the flock will continue till thy kingdom come as long as the flock remain gullible, brainwashed and cant make informed decisions themselves
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by mrperfect(m): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2009
This issue is not really easy to navigate around because most times money is needed just as an other organization to run a church. Unfortunately is being run by humanbein who can easily just abuse it at the expense of God said or give him instruction to do what is doing.
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by AKO1(m): 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2009
Good thread.

Please don't turn it into a bashing playground, rather lets make sensible contributions/suggestions, as unrealistic as they may seem.
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by ogajim(m): 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2009
A_K_O:

Good thread.

Please don't turn it into a bashing playground, rather lets make sensible contributions/suggestions, as unrealistic as they may seem.

Good observation!

The intention is to rub minds together to find some solutions, there are lots of folks who won't see eye to eye on this topic or questioning "MOGs" management styles for that matter but we have to remember that Jesus Christ didn't come to conform but rather to show the way and pay our debt.
There is a need to more TRANSPARENCY in "Church" finances, the usual, "this is what we took in and this is what we spent" should be an insult to anyone because that doesn't explain what the funds were spent on, "trust us" should not come in at all, people deserve to know how their contributions are being spent and on what.

We need to come up with ideas, name calling and other insults won't be welcomed on this thread. God bless all his true Children, Amen.
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by hubreality(m): 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2009
ogajim:

Good observation!

The intention is to rub minds together to find some solutions, there are lots of folks who won't see eye to eye on this topic or questioning "MOGs" management styles for that matter but we have to remember that Jesus Christ didn't come to conform but rather to show the way and pay our debt.
There is a need to more TRANSPARENCY in "Church" finances, the usual, "this is what we took in and this is what we spent" should be an insult to anyone because that doesn't explain what the funds were spent on, "trust us" should not come in at all, people deserve to know how their contributions are being spent and on what.

We need to come up with ideas, name calling and other insults won't be welcomed on this thread. God bless all his true Children, Amen.

Good calling, only when we walk in love to ensure we stop this mess. Haters and Hypocrites can't achieve this great but easy task. How?
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by Abuzola(m): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2009
God children ? Are you insane, and who is the mother
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by luvola(m): 12:16am On Nov 15, 2009
shut yur mouth up.abu
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by Abuzola(m): 12:52am On Nov 15, 2009
I will slap u there, don't u ve respect to elders, idiot
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by ahmssoft: 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2009
1st tin i will luv u guy 2 understand.am a muslim but i av a lot of christian friends.wat i can say about dis issue dat,given of offering such not be made "must".follower of respective churches such be able 2 make deir leaders accountable 4 wat dey do.wat i realized on dis issue is by watchin d kind of church u will be attending because deir is alot of new age churches today.Gud bless us all
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by PastorAIO: 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2009
If I had the money, I would start an advertising campaign. I'd have billboards all over nigeria asking certain questions such as:

Christianity promises peace, Christianity promises Love, Christianity promises divine power. Have these things manifested in your life? If not, have you thought Why not? Isn't it time you investigated your faith?
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by Abuzola(m): 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2009
What a bat, whats the aim for that preaching, let me tell you even in plane folks like you preach it and it doesn't change jesu aka god didn't die
Re: Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It? by ogajim(m): 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2009
Abuzola:

What a bat, whats the aim for that preaching, let me tell you even in plane folks like you preach it and it doesn't change jesu aka god didn't die

I am tempted to shout "get behind me satan" but would rather give you a Psalm to ponder!: Psalm 119:9 ;Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. You might need to be saved before you start dreaming of 72 virgins cheesy

We need to EDUCATE people to know that God is not after their hard earned money but their heart and Soul even one at a time.

(1) (Reply)

Please Is There On Pastor In Da House? / Why Recycle Posts? / Christians Should Stop Celebrating Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.