Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix (2291 Views)

Buhari Completes 12 Stations Of The Abuja Light Rail Project (Pictures) / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout / Buhari Receiving Cheers From Motorists On Fuel Queue In Kaduna (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by jonhemma11: 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2016
FCTA OPENS KUBWA ROAD RAILWAY OVERHEAD BRIDGE TO MOTORISTS

As promised by the FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, the FCT Administration has completed and opened the entire Murtala Muhammed Expressway (Kubwa Road) to the motoring public.

The Minister had pledged last month that his Administration is embarking on massive completion of some critical roads within the Federal Capital City with specific promise to complete the 10-Lanes Kubwa road and Airport Road by December 2016 and first quarter of 2017 respectively.

The completion of the 4no. multi-billion-naira Kubwa Road Railway overhead bridge is today history as motorists have started plying the road since last Saturday.

Some journalists who were led to assess the job completion spoke to some stakeholders including the FCT Director of Engineering Services Department, Motorists as well as other road users.

In his remarks, the FCT Director of Engineering Services Department, Engineer Adamu Alfa Abu said that the Kubwa road is today completed and opened to the public in fulfillment of the promise made by the FCT Minister, which has gone a long way in knocking off traffic congestion.

The Director revealed that the FCT Administration has discharged all its obligations by making all outstanding payments to the contractors for the executed and certified work done which has enabled the contractor to return to site and complete the job.

According to him, minor works like the installation of streetlights on the bridges as well as the provision of access road to the Red Bricks Estate due to the elevation of the bridges would soon be completed.

Some of the drivers and motorists that spoke to journalists commended the FCT Administration for keeping to it’s promise of completing the overhead bridges and bringing succor to the motorists as the knotty traffic logjam often experienced on that axis of the road has since disappeared.

One of the Taxi Drivers said their travel time has not only reduced but fuel being wasted in traffic bottlenecks has also reduced thereby increasing their profit.

However, other road users at that portion of the road are lamenting that the freed traffic has taken away their businesses and therefore called on the government to do something because they also suffering now as nobody stops to buy their wares again.

Signed.
Muhammad Hazat Sule, FCAI
Deputy Director / Chief Press Secretary,
Wednesday, December 14, 2016.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/federal-capital-territory-abuja-opens.html

Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by jonhemma11: 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2016

Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by feodan: 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
Good job
Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by Molly1991(m): 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
Great work to pmb for completing the the road and would like to appreciate gej for starting the road.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by jahsharon: 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2016
Molly1991:
Great work to pmb for completing the the road and would like to appreciate gej for starting the road.

Yes, GEJ started several projects but never finished any, even the looting and sharing of our resources, he could not complete. If not for Buhari, the money for completion of the project would have been shared by GEJ gang of thieves.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by Johnnyessence(m): 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nice one from fashola. This is what we need.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by richidinho(m): 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2016
Godbless GEJ

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by richidinho(m): 8:40pm On Dec 14, 2016
jahsharon:

Yes, GEJ started several projects but never finished any, even the looting and sharing of our resources, he could not complete. If not for Buhari, the money for completion of the project would have been shared by GEJ gang of thieves.

Sharrap there!
We started using that bridge since early 2015

3 Likes

Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by Atiku2019: 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nice
Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by viczo(m): 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
DAT bridge has been in use since before election was conducted last year

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by Fozi(m): 1:45am On Dec 15, 2016
Na Johnathan do am keep no dey lie one road APC never do one road
Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by oluajana(m): 2:37am On Dec 15, 2016
Johnnyessence:
abeg shut that your stinking mouth. Wetin you dey type self. Can't you see that it is pmb that finish the project hmmm. It is when d pics of pmb project surface that you will be typing your trash hmmm. Clueless Gej that looted the state treasury is now the one that finish the bridge project baaa. You can always fool yourself and your people and not me.

I'm so sure u don't know that bridge. We have using it since last year. Closed down partially cos of railway project underneath. That's my route on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by Ahmed0336(m): 3:21am On Dec 15, 2016
oluajana:

I'm so sure u don't know that bridge. We have using it since last year. Closed down partially cos of railway project underneath. That's my route on daily basis.
Thank you my brother. I was even thinking it was another bridge. Bridge wey I dey always pass Last year if I wan go check my guy for Bayzhin?
Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by ThinkSmarter: 3:31am On Dec 15, 2016
Nice one, I pray and hope that Buhari can work at d Pace of Lagos State, so that vision 2020 will be actualised, but unfortunately he z still whining and commiserating instead of Saving and Redeeming us as He promised.
To Buhari's supporters: What infrastructure can APC show Nigerians on the huge amount of money budgeted for Capital expenditure on the 2016 Budget of Change
They hv only wasted 18months hunting after Saraki, Ekweremadu, FFK, Kanu,Shiites, Dasuki,etc and they hv lost d case on Saraki n Ekweremadu, bound to still loss others in due course.
Buhari, if u should repeat what u did with 2016 budget with 2017 budget, be ready to abscond b4 2019.
We are sick of ur new promises, fulfill d old ones to gain d trust n win d heart of d citizens n save ur denting reputations.
Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 3:35am On Dec 15, 2016
Buhari's supporters will never disappoint, they just want to hook PMB to any success even when the man has refused to do one good thing for the masses
Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by eye4eye: 4:09am On Dec 15, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
Buhari's supporters will never disappoint, they just want to hook PMB to any success even when the man has refused to do one good thing for the masses

Buhari is just not right for this country. we got scammed by this man
Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by Lordave: 5:32am On Dec 15, 2016
jahsharon:

Shut that your dirty mouth you slimy hypocrite.

What do you know about that bridge? If you knew the level and amount of work carried out on that bridge and the railway during GEJ tenure you won't be leaking senseless words on this thread.

The work done from Dei Dei to Kubwa brick city alone is bigger than what Buhari has offered infrastructure wise since he assumed office as the Dullard-in-Chief.
No even one talk to Kaduna, Just Dei Dei to Kubwa.

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by Lordave: 5:36am On Dec 15, 2016
oluajana:

That man should be banned for trying to feed the public with deception.

Nothing wey we no go see from ragtag 'shayo Baba' chanters.

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by slivertongue: 6:10am On Dec 15, 2016
jahsharon:

you are wrong.

the kubwa katampe express was his job. he did alot in finishing what obj and yaradua started but cud av done more. most the jobs been completed in abj were up 80percent done bfore GMB took ova. Alot of briges are still hanging waitin for less than 30percent. Again apart from funding, projects have timeline but our greatest challenge is politization of development
Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by slivertongue: 6:20am On Dec 15, 2016
oluajana:

well i dont think the thread metioned the location of the bridge but nairaland members having doubts as to the existence of some of these projects need to visit kubwa - katampe- zuba axis to understand the state of things then cap it with a visit to Arab road and Byazhin by daugters of charity
Re: Federal Govt Completes & Open Kubwa Road Railway Overhead Bridge 2 Motorists(pix by slivertongue: 6:23am On Dec 15, 2016
Lordave:
Shut that your dirty mouth you slimy hypocrite.

What do you know about that bridge? If you knew the level and amount of work carried out on that bridge and the railway during GEJ tenure you won't be leaking senseless words on this thread.

The work done from Dei Dei to Kubwa brick city alone is bigger than what Buhari has offered infrastructure wise since he assumed office as the Dullard-in-Chief.
No even one talk to Kaduna, Just Dei Dei to Kubwa.

oooo bless you! on point

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Is The Enslavement Of Minority Ethnic Nationalities In Niger Delta / Biafra And The Niger Delta Question.... / Are There Abandoned? Two People That Fought Alongside Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.