Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo (4149 Views)

Airtel 4G now live in OWERRI / List Of Smartphones That Are Compatible With Glo 4G LTE Band 28, 700mhz / Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by J4parry(m): 9:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
Glo has extended its 4G coverage to the city of Uyo as part of its promised nationwide 4G coverage. I just discovered this a while ago at a friend's house while trying to stream the Chelsea game.

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by vower(m): 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
How this 1 take affect mmm
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by sweettease(f): 9:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
Na the band be the koko! Call me when they can support band 3, 7 or 20 undecided

6 Likes

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by Gabflex: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
SO
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by Darkseid(m): 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
Their useless 4g wey person no fit use.
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by J4parry(m): 11:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
sweettease:
Na the band be the koko! Call me when they can support band 3, 7 or 20 undecided

That's really a limitation, I had to get a 4G MiFi just to be able to use it.
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by J4parry(m): 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
Guys please respond asap if you have a solution to it. I subscribed for a 3G plan, that's what I have been using, now with the availability of 4G, each time I switch to 4G I am unable to access the Internet, it connects and redirects me to hsi page. Must one subscribe to 4G data plan to use the 4G network?
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by wristbangle: 11:36pm On Dec 14, 2016
J4parry:
Guys please respond asap if you have a solution to it. I subscribed for a 3G plan, that's what I have been using, now with the availability of 4G, each time I switch to 4G I am unable to access the Internet, it connects and redirects me to hsi page. Must one subscribe to 4G data plan to use the 4G network?

Yes, you have to subscribe to GLO 4G data plan
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by J4parry(m): 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
wristbangle:

Yes, you have to subscribe to GLO 4G data plan

Okay, thanks.
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by EmeraldChoice: 10:50pm On Dec 15, 2016
Truly the internet experience is always different when you have fast connectivity. Glo should really be commended for taking the internet experience across the country to a whole new level with the 4G network (even though i have my reservation about the speed) because left for MTN especially, only Lagos, PH, and Abuja should be enough.

kudos to Glo!

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by duwdu: 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
EmeraldChoice:
Truly the internet experience is always different when you have fast connectivity. Glo should really be commended for taking the internet experience across the country to a whole new level with the 4G network (even though i have my reservation about the speed) because left for MTN especially, only Lagos, PH, and Abuja should be enough.

kudos to Glo!

I agree... Supported.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by Nesco244(m): 6:46am On Dec 16, 2016
But please, with the GLO 4G data plan, can one still be able to revert back to 3G with it, in case if one enter a place without 4G network coverage.
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by kratoss(m): 8:53am On Dec 16, 2016
Nesco244:
But please, with the GLO 4G data plan, can one still be able to revert back to 3G with it, in case if one enter a place without 4G network coverage.

Yeah you can use the 4g data on 3g...but the 3g data wont work on 4g....tested and confirmed

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by calabaman(m): 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2017
Calling on all glo field engineers stationed in Uyo.

Your network signal has been on edge.

Atimes goes off completely.. I have confirmed from other users who are experiencing same.

Affected areas: Oron Road, Ikpa Road, ikot ekpene road.

Please treat asap.

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by GrandMufti: 6:14am On Feb 12, 2017
sweettease:

Band 28 is better. Read it up at your spare time

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by samsam2019: 6:35am On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

we know it's far better, but not all phnes support it.they should at least support 3 bands to have more customers.

So far, I think they are the only ones supporting just one band
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by sweettease(f): 7:40am On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

Problem is most phones in Nigeria support other bands
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by GrandMufti: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2017
samsam2019:
we know it's far better, but not all phnes support it.they should at least support 3 bands to have more customers.

So far, I think they are the only ones supporting just one band

Only Mtn supports 2 bands. The rest are one band. You can't really blame Glo. Perhaps It's the way their network has been structured since inception. Remember the submarine cables they laid through Portugal many years ago?

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by GrandMufti: 9:55am On Feb 12, 2017
sweettease:

Problem is most phones in Nigeria support other bands

Yes you are right
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by Dam5reey(m): 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

Yes you are right

Why are we not having issues with 2G, 3G.. Bands.. I know there bands for 2G and 3G too...
Now it come to 4G LTE... Now we are all interested in the bands?

Any Idea? Cos when I bought my first 3G band was not considered grin

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by GrandMufti: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
grin their 2G Bands is: GSM 900 / 1800 and their 3G Bands: W-CDMA 2100 which is common with most phones. Most networks supports these bands

Dam5reey:

Why are we not having issues with 2G, 3G.. Bands.. I know there bands for 2G and 3G too...
Now it come to 4G LTE... Now we are all interested in the bands?

Any Idea? Cos when I bought my first 3G band was not considered grin
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by olurotimi1: 5:14pm On Feb 12, 2017
Glo 4GLTE Is also live in Ife.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by trexzee: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2017
J4parry:
Glo has extended its 4G coverage to the city of Uyo as part of its promised nationwide 4G coverage. I just discovered this a while ago at a friend's house while trying to stream the Chelsea game.
How is the speed like in Uyo?
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by J4parry(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2017
trexzee:

How is the speed like in Uyo?

It's just enough to stream without buffering but the data consumption rate is out of this world.
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by GrandMufti: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2017
J4parry:

It's just enough to stream without buffering but the data consumption rate is out of this world.

Use apps that let you choose video quality

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by J4parry(m): 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

Use apps that let you choose video quality

I do just that it's blurry on wide screen that's the reason but 480p is always manageable.
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by GrandMufti: 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
J4parry:

I do just that it's blurry on wide screen that's the reason but 480p is always manageable.

Ok then
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by trexzee: 7:33am On Oct 16, 2017
J4parry:

You mean it finishes fast?
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by younglleo: 8:32am On Dec 24, 2017
J4parry:
where in uyo is the 4G signal strongest?
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by donhils: 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2017
kratoss:

Yeah you can use the 4g data on 3g...but the 3g data wont work on 4g....tested and confirmed
Please there's nothing like that. All Glo plans work both on 3G and 4G no matter how you choose. They're not separate plans.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
calabaman:
Calling on all glo field engineers stationed in Uyo.

Your network signal has been on edge.

Atimes goes off completely.. I have confirmed from other users who are experiencing same.

Affected areas: Oron Road, Ikpa Road, ikot ekpene road.

Please treat asap.
Oga pls take that complaint to their twitter page.
Re: Glo 4G Now Live In Uyo by GrandMufti: 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
donhils:

Please there's nothing like that. All Glo plans work both on 3G and 4G no matter how you choose. They're not separate plans.

Look at the date of the post you quoted

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Spark 5, Spark 5 Air Launched With 5000mah Battery Price In Ghana, Nigeria / Getting Your Whatsapp Calling Feature Got More Easier (help-desk) / Antutu Benchmark Score For Infinix Hot Note Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.