Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos (19908 Views)

Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) / Bus Tumbles Into The Gutter At Ikeja-toll Gate (see PHOTOS) / Commercial Bus Driver Ran Into Another Bus,Crashes With Nissan Car In Anambra(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by AutoJoshNG: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
initialize:
Is it Live? @OP

I dey live inside Aluminum Village, I wan go watch this cinema movie with my korokoro eyes grin

Make nothing do the commuters sha

You've missed the show. LASEMA already performed their magic.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by Originalsly: 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

Something should be done in respect of this gutter. Maybe a barricade or something. A
....and what do you think would happen if a barricade is put up?.... or what do you think would happen if the gutter is covered? .... and why do hundreds of thousands of cars be driving past without plunging into the gutter? ...get my drift?
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by joinnow: 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
Dey should just put street sign "open gutter that can swallow car" slow down
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by Satioshi: 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
That drain is too wide and close to that ever busy road to be left open. My staff bus plies that route and the commercial bus drivers in their haste sometimes drive too close to the drain hence a little brush from another vehicle and you find yourself in it. Something has to be done to remedy the situation.
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by ogunsj: 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
three:
It doesn't take a genius to know that there is a Flaw in the design of this road and infrastructure
if you a regular commuter on that road you will know how stupid Nigerian motorists are, most especially the commercial drivers. the roads is smooth and wide enough to accommodate three lanes but whenever there is a little traffic on that route you will see those drivers creating five to six lanes thereby pushing themselves into that gutter which is in sharp bend. personally I maintain the road divider side of the road because I no fit craze with those drivers. Nigerians should learn how to value life.
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by LecciGucci: 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

Something should be done in respect of this gutter. Maybe a barricade or something. A car fell into this same gutter at Dopemu bus stop just 3 days ago, now, it’s this bus’ turn.

See more photos..

https://autojosh.com/gutter-at-dopemu-bus-stop/

Cc

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Wow which phone did u use for the camera
Its so colourful
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2016
I think the gutter is new and they are used to just parking there...so sad
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by freeze001(f): 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
I don't know why they persist in digging open trenches in the name of drainage in this country! Apart from issues like these, the health and environmental implications cannot be quantified!
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by Charly68: 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
A road is fully tared like this and yet drunken drivers could enter into the gutter created for erosion and somebody is saying Govt should do somethimg about it , what will the Govt do than to prosecute those who cause avoidable accidents . This type of suggestion is very repugnant . I thought the road was bad before I read the write up.
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by chimdi101: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
What the bleep is all this?
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by compuseun: 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
They should cover the gutter . Molue don enter the gutter before.
It's not new at all. Ambode should do something about it
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by musicwriter(m): 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
I don't know what's always causing cars to fell into that gutter. Back in 2009 when I was living in Beko estate, Mangoro, my junior brother once woke me up with a call around 1.00 am to say he fall inside that same spot. The whole thing sounded like a dream to me, cause I see no reason a car should fell inside gutter in that spot.

Well, I told him to leave the car and come back home for the sake of his life. He was still objecting why he should leave the car when I just switched-off my phone and went back to sleep. He later called other people and they were able to tow it that night. Only God knows how they did it. I have no idea why people hold things of this world so tight.
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by geez18(m): 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2016
freeze001:
I don't know why they persist in digging open trenches in the name of drainage in this country! Apart from issues like these, the health and environmental implications cannot be quantified!
there is a good reason for that drainage size the only design flaw is that it should have been slabbed or at least kerbs placed along the drainage edge as safety measures but as for the drainage size there's a very good reason for that.
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by freeze001(f): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2016
geez18:
there is a good reason for that drainage size the only design flaw is that it should have been slabbed or at least kerbs placed along the drainage edge as safety measures but as for the drainage size there's a very good reason for that.

The operative word in my post is 'open'.
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by Stateside: 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
This is a 3 lane road. How does a driver enter the gutter if not for the fact that he is in a hurry to possibly overtake from the side when there is traffic. Its not the fault of the gutter.

Keeping the gutter open will make for easy cleaning.

If govt do, Nigerians complain, if they don't they complain

Which way now?
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by geez18(m): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2016
freeze001:

my bad.
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by Mujaheeeden: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
freeze001:

Didn't see ur mail again embarassed
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by freeze001(f): 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Didn't see ur mail again embarassed

I sent you a mail
Re: Photos: Another Bus Tumbles Into Same Gutter At Dopemu Bus Stop Lagos by franklynsunny(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
I personally experience one incident with bike carry 2 passengers and dey fell inside dere

It's was so deep dat we all waited for someone to jump inside to lift d people out
D bikeman was d last cos he got all d blame

My car packed sef was receiving dents

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilux Truck Collides With A Tricycle In Imo, Five Dead. Graphic Photos / 20 Passengers Burnt To Death In Bauchi Auto Crash / Man Who Survived A Ghastly Accident In Lagos Thanks God (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.