Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria (18359 Views)

Ghana Urges Nigeria To Establish Mining Company / Amnesty Urges Nigeria's Anambra Governor To Investigate Pro-biafra Deaths / Dismiss,prosecute Soliders Who Murdered Shi'ites-uk Urges Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by thunder74(m): 8:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
How do you punish your loyal and obedient servants?
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by CarrotAndStick: 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
SmartMugu:
What's the difference between Sunni Muslim and Shia Muslim? Aren't they reading same Quoran and praying to same Allah? Do they have different interpretations of the Quoran? Are there lifestyles and beliefs entirely different?
I'm just curious because I'm willing to know.
Let me break it down this way:-

Shia Muslims don't respect human government and refuse to participate in politics.

Sunnis don't respect governments that are not characterized by their own Sunni members (they spearheaded the Chibok propaganda and many others just because the then president was neither a Northerner nor a Sunni Muslim.

Sunnis hate Shias as much as they hate Christians and atheists (they term them "infidels" ) and would kill them off if they have the opportunity.

All Boko Haram members and every Islamic terrorist group on earth are Sunni.

6 Likes

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by julioralph(m): 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
chaloner:
re u qualified to b mad?

Perhaps you're Mad, I'm not!!!

na people like you dey spoil Nigeria.

or can't one make a comment again as a citizen?
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
this is

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by DropShot: 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:

I wish to learn; please go ahead and enlighten us. @herzern, what am I missing?
As a start, don't you think it's wrong to say Sunni hate Shia without understanding the history between them? Why not Shia hate Sunni?

Unfortunately, no enough time for this tonight. But as I said, understand what you're dabbling into first before you make fallacious statements.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by danot1030: 8:50pm On Dec 15, 2016
UK should mind their own business. Shiites members are potential terrorists.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by masseratti: 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
Sibrah:
Remember when BH started. They started with Christians/churches, and we all know the church don't control the police. Both the sunnis and shítes are evil . . .
can't you guys comprehend what he wrote? if the founder of boko haram was not killed the way he was, it would have nip the carnage in the bud, Nigerian army Nigerian police no intelligence, just brutal force and kill.

I don't think the army can ger reformed under PMB, he is one of them once a general always a general, and he will protect the old order, its high time our armed forces is trained on how to handle civilian with civility.

4 Likes

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by AFRICQA(m): 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
I believe something is definitely wrong with the UK. why not talk abt the release of zakzaky in govt custody??!!
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by masseratti: 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
DropShot:

As a start, don't you think it's wrong to say Sunni hate Shia without understanding the history between them? Why not Shia hate Sunni?

Unfortunately, no enough time for this tonight. But as I said, understand what you're dabbling into first before you make fallacious statements.
we all know their history, it all started right after the death of the prophet Muhammad So What else?

2 Likes

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by masseratti: 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
crosbreaka:

You have made a good point.

When the governor of kaduna and the president both of them justified what happened, will any punishment meted on soldiers be just? Will it be justice? Or as you said will it just be a soft landing to avoid justice? Just theatericals that is.

You really can't tell also the motives of the U.K. And USA. They have both been hitting on the Zaria massacre. And the matter is at the ICC for investigation. They may have something in mind that is sinister against the president. They may want to use this case against him through the ICC if he loses favor with them. The USA and uk have a record of turning against their allies. Saddam is an example. Same thing with the Shah (king) of Iran. When he was deposed, the uk refused to grant him asylum even though he was a western ally. One can't trust these western powers.
for the sake of all that is holy, what The uk is asking for is that Nigerian government should implement the white paper of the investigation committee set up by Nigerian Government not theirs.

4 Likes

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by chaloner(m): 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
julioralph:

Perhaps you're Mad, I'm not!!!

na people like you dey spoil Nigeria.

or can't one make a comment again as a citizen?
but i jus ask u a simple question na grin
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by ShiaMuslim: 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
DropShot:

We Shia do not hate Sunnis. We do not go about killing Sunnis or attacking Sunni mosques. Our scholars have called for unity with Sunnis in spite of our doctrinal differences. Both Ayatollah Khamanei and Ayatollah Sistani emphasize on Muslim unity.

I also don't agree with the generalization that Sunnis hate Shia, no matter the traces of truth. The problem with Sunnis is that they are potential Wahhabis. And Wahhabis are potential terrorists. And every terrorist abusing the name of Islam is a Wahhabi!

3 Likes

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by SmartMugu: 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
CarrotAndStick:

Shia Muslims don't respect human government and refuse to participate in politics.

Sunnis don't respect governments that are not characterized by their own Sunni members (they spearheaded the Chibok propaganda and many others just because the then president was neither a Northerner nor a Sunni Muslim.

Sunnis hate Shias as much as they hate Christians and atheists (they term them "infidels" ) and would kill them off if they have the opportunity.

All Boko Haram members and every Islamic terrorist group on earth are Sunni.
Oh wow. Thanks for the explanation. So is it like all Muslims in Nigeria are either Shia or Sunni? Or there are other factions with other beliefs? If there are others, do Sunnis have problems with them as well?
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:
No, I am an atheist, but it doesn't matter. Most reasonable people are siding with the Shiites because what was done to them is very wrong.
that has always been my stand "condemn evil because it's wrong and not be indifferent because it's not happening to you, cos next time it might come to your doorstep to roost" , today it's Shites, next it might be non-muslims both atheist and Christians combined

6 Likes

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by CyberWolf: 9:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
In my humble opinion, both shia and sunni are calamity to the world and the earlier they get rid of themselves, the better for all of us.. Both sect can kill themselves for all I care, we have much more problems to worry about than this two useless sect. angry
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by ShiaMuslim: 9:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
SmartMugu:

Oh wow. Thanks for the explanation. So is it like all Muslims in Nigeria are either Shia or Sunni? Or there are other factions with other beliefs? If there are others, do Sunnis have problems with them as well?

The Sunni/Shia divide is the oldest in Islam and they are the two versions under which all Muslims identify themselves with the world over and not only in Nigeria.

Anyone telling you I'm only Muslim is either devoid of knowledge or in denial. There's no escape from this divide as even out mode of praying is affected. There are slight differences.

3 Likes

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by ShiaMuslim: 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2016
CyberWolf:
In my humble opinion, both shia and sunni are calamity to the world and the earlier they get rid of themselves, the better for all of us.. Both sect can kill themselves for all I care, we have much more problems to worry about than this two useless sect. angry

Such an opinion is neither humble nor humane. I'm certain you have never spoken to a Shia Muslim before other than reading online.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by suny247: 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2016
they should not try such nonsense
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by CyberWolf: 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

Such an opinion is neither humble nor humane. I'm certain you have never spoken to a Shia Muslim before other than reading online.
it might not sound nice to you but that's a necessary thing to do for the greater good.

1 Like

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by SmartMugu: 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

The Sunni/Shia divide is the oldest in Islam and they are the two versions under which all Muslims identify themselves with the world over and not only in Nigeria.

Anyone telling you I'm only Muslim is either devoid of knowledge or in denial. There's no escape from this divide as even out mode of praying is affected. There are slight differences.
Wow. I thought this was just in Nigeria, thanks for letting me know it's global. I do know a lot of wonderful Muslim people, how do one identify which one is Shia/Sunni? Since one of them have problems with others. Do they dress, talk, look or act differently? Or is it ok to just ask them if they're Shia or Sunni or they may consider that a rude question?
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by LoveDecay(m): 9:21pm On Dec 15, 2016
masseratti:
can't you guys comprehend what he wrote? if the founder of boko haram was not killed the way he was, it would have nip the carnage in the bud, Nigerian army Nigerian police no intelligence, just brutal force and kill.

I don't think the army can ger reformed under PMB, he is one of them once a general always a general, and he will protect the old order, its high time our armed forces is trained on how to handle civilian with civility.

That bullshit, I was raised in Mguri - Old GRA.

The carnage had already begun before Mohammed was killed. They had already attacked several policemen but the government and monarchy in Mguri kept it hush hush. Already graduate Uni and in Lagos when all the beef started but still had many connex down there and new exactly what was going on. Nothing could have stopped Boko Haram. The very moment they attacked with machetes and amulets they had already solicited for guns and bullets from radical muslim sects.

Then the politicians and corrupt generals in the Nigerian military figured out they could make millions of USD from this situation and so it was elongated.

I can very well remember GCON , Gen Sani Abacha, who said if an uprising lasted more than 24hrs in a country the government was involved and hence boko haram could not have gained this much traction if the politicians both muslims and christians and general both muslims and christian did not see this tragic situation as a business venture.

Suen is wrong. The real Boko haram died they Muhammed was shot... what came afterwards was the hijacking of the second phase which Muhammed and his cohorts planned by the military and government officials for selfish gain.

1 Like

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Max24: 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:
No, I am an atheist, but it doesn't matter. Most reasonable people are siding with the Shiites because what was done to them is very wrong.
Sorry, what do u mean by you are an atheist ? I really don't understand when people say they are atheist. Does it mean u don't believe in the existence of a God? Pls, briefly explain.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by ShiaMuslim: 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
CarrotAndStick:

Misconception.

This isn't a universal Shia stance to boycott political participation. In some cases it is true, not because Shias don't believe in government or participating in politics but not to get entangled in corrupt and oppressive governments. Corruption and oppression are the deterrence.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by ShiaMuslim: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
SmartMugu:

Wow. I thought this was just in Nigeria, thanks for letting me know it's global. I do know a lot of wonderful Muslim people, how do one identify which one is Shia/Sunni? Since one of them have problems with others. Do they dress, talk, look or act differently? Or is it ok to just ask them if they're Shia or Sunni or they may consider that a rude question?

There are observable peculiarities. But for a non-Muslim or someone not very informed, you may not know which Muslim is Sunni and who is Shia. The Shia are the minority for very obvious reasons (persecution).

2 Likes

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Sibrah: 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2016
masseratti:

If BH members were avenging Yusuf's death, why did they start with Churches/Christian. Police killed your leader but you went after Christians, is the police controlled by the Christians? Get it?
Both muslim sects have something in common, their hatred for Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by GEJPosterity: 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2016
Max24:

Sorry, what do u mean by you are an atheist ? I really don't understand when people say they are atheist. Does it mean u don't believe in the existence of a God? Pls, briefly explain.
Silly question. You can just Google "atheism". No one needs to explain or justify themselves to your passive aggressive sensibilities. The world is much bigger than the religion and god your parents gave you.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Strength1(m): 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
Fingers crossed
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by discusant: 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:
This is the right thing to do, but Sunni muslims would rather burn themselves alive than punish fellow Sunnis for killing Shias/Shiites. Sunnis hate Shiites almost as much as they hate non-muslims, despite the fact that Sunnis and Shias practice Islam in almost exactly the same way.

It's being scared by truth to insinuate that because the head of Boko Haram was killed the way it happened, that's why Boko Haram persisted.
Boko Haram wants a country to be governed through Islamic Sharia Criminal laws
The same Islamic Sharia Criminal laws that the twelve northern Nigeria states adopted shortly before Boko Haram emerged.

1 Like

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by TheVictorious(m): 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
it will be a nice move but I don't see it being carried out because it will indicate the president that arrested their leader illegally

1 Like

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Onyocha: 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
GEJPosterity:

Silly question. You can just Google "atheism". No one needs to explain or justify themselves to your passive aggressive sensibilities. The world is much bigger than the religion and god your parents gave you.

to him it is not a silly question. he may be a Wahhabi sympathizer. as they go about tagging Shiites as "worse than boko haram" or "worse than Jews" or calling them "potential terrorists" or labeling them "insurgents" (whichever one works) for them, Atheists are also regarded as terrorists. to a typical Wahhabi, Seun is a terrorist because of what he simply believes!!! grin grin grin

"(Wahhabi) Saudi Arabia declares all atheists are terrorists in new law to crack down on political dissidents"
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-declares-all-atheists-are-terrorists-in-new-law-to-crack-down-on-political-dissidents-9228389.html

Watch Saudi UN Ambassador (on Aljazeera) justifies the law in his country that labels Atheists as terrorists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPciCVjMOg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Call Your Members To Order - Lagos CP Warns PDP Leadership In The State / Egbesu Militants Warn Igbo Groups To Stop Attacking Dokubo-asari / El-Rufai And Olusegun Obasanjo In South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.