Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria (18358 Views)

Ghana Urges Nigeria To Establish Mining Company / Amnesty Urges Nigeria's Anambra Governor To Investigate Pro-biafra Deaths / Dismiss,prosecute Soliders Who Murdered Shi'ites-uk Urges Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by barajo1(m): 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
crosbreaka:

"Shia are worse than boko haram" is a pirated form of "Shia are worse than the Jews".

In the Middle East, Wahhabi aka Salafist clerics parrot that "Shiites are worse than Jews". You can search the phrase on Google.

It's Wahhabism for you. The essence of Wahhabism is takfirism. Due to takfirism, and takfiri killings which are un-Islamic by the way, you get all the hatred. Those little Wahhabi e-soldiers are only parrots.
what are dey saying? What is wahhabism? Takfirism?..

1 Like

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by masseratti: 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
LoveDecay:

That bullshit, I was raised in Mguri - Old GRA.

The carnage had already begun before Mohammed was killed. They had already attacked several policemen but the government and monarchy in Mguri kept it hush hush. Already graduate Uni and in Lagos when all the beef started but still had many connex down there and new exactly what was going on. Nothing could have stopped Boko Haram. The very moment they attacked with machetes and amulets they had already solicited for guns and bullets from radical muslim sects.

Then the politicians and corrupt generals in the Nigerian military figured out they could make millions of USD from this situation and so it was elongated.

I can very well remember GCON , Gen Sani Abacha, who said if an uprising lasted more than 24hrs in a country the government was involved and hence boko haram could not have gained this much traction if the politicians both muslims and christians and general both muslims and christian did not see this tragic situation as a business venture.

Suen is wrong. The real Boko haram died they Muhammed was shot... what came afterwards was the hijacking of the second phase which Muhammed and his cohorts planned by the military and government officials for selfish gain.
seun might be wrong on the fact that yusuf just want to be a powerful leader, but The point he was trying to make is the fact that yusuf was killed without getting any information from him about his sponsors or a trial, all that would have helped in stopping the carnage if things was done right but No they where the prosecutor, the judge and executioner all at the same time, two wrongs don't make a right.

3 Likes

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by crosbreaka: 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
Onyocha:

to him it is not a silly question. he may be a Wahhabi sympathizer. as they go about tagging Shiites as "worse than boko haram" or "worse than Jews" or calling them "potential terrorists" or labeling them "insurgents" (whichever one works) for them, Atheists are also regarded as terrorists. to a typical Wahhabi, Seun is a terrorist because of what he simply believes!!! grin grin grin

"(Wahhabi) Saudi Arabia declares all atheists are terrorists in new law to crack down on political dissidents"
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-declares-all-atheists-are-terrorists-in-new-law-to-crack-down-on-political-dissidents-9228389.html

Watch Saudi UN Ambassador (on Aljazeera) justifies the law in his country that labels Atheists as terrorists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPciCVjMOg

LWKMD LMAO!!!! grin grin grin

Seun dont go saudi o. make dem no behead you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by tammie24: 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
These UK people sef...

Do we urge them to do stuff in their country

Abeg, them mind their country o
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by newecop(m): 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2016
Kondomatic:
That is the most reasonable thing to do but I think the soldiers were just following instructions that came from above.

No sane soldier will embark on such mission without being sent by people at the top so it will be a breach of trust/contract to prosecute them.

This is why I don't Type RIP when bokoharam deal with them.

And u taught u v written something wise.... Stupid fool!
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by SycophanticGoat: 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
danjumakolo:

I am appalled that most people cannot still differentiate btw real law abiding Muslims and Islamic sects.

The quran does not recognize the sunni or the Shiite person.It only recognized the Muslim who follows the Furqan and the authentic hadith.

The prophet said,there will come a time when sects in Islam shall reach 72,but its only one thats the truth I.e the Muslim who follows the criterion.

Hope this helps

Which ones follows the criterion? Sunni or Shia?
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by SycophanticGoat: 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
newecop:

And u taught u v written something wise.... Stupid fool!

Seun, please can you help with a ban for the bold words?
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by hammerT: 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
CSTR13:
When you and any of your family member encounter such heavy handedness from Nigerian security apparatus, we will also tell the UK to mind their business.

Dont selectively quote me or drag my family into ur foolish comments.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by kingdenny(m): 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
What moral grounds does Uk have to say that , all these western nations sponsoring terrorism around the world, make we hear word pls, a kettle that calls pot black
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
sorry UK our President is DEAF

1 Like

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Catastrophe1: 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:
This is the right thing to do, but Sunni muslims would rather burn themselves alive than punish fellow Sunnis for killing Shias/Shiites. Sunnis hate Shiites almost as much as they hate non-muslims, despite the fact that Sunnis and Shias practice Islam in almost exactly the same way.
Oga seun tuale baba.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 11:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
chaloner:
domestic killings abi. Lik u no wel

It's our domestic matter and they should leave us deal with it.
Nah so then go dey pokenose for other people's matter. When last did the Nigerian Government or other Government's chuk mouth for their matter?
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Cjrane2: 12:18am On Dec 16, 2016
Nigeria will not even admit it happened. Talkmore of arresting nor dismissing anyone for it. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Max24: 12:38am On Dec 16, 2016
GEJPosterity:

Silly question. You can just Google "atheism". No one needs to explain or justify themselves to your passive aggressive sensibilities. The world is much bigger than the religion and god your parents gave you.
Mr man, why unnecessarily jumping into conclusion. Who is being aggressive between us. I asked a simple question and it was not even addressed to you. So why d rude reply. You could have ignored it if you are an atheist but lack the confidence to defend what u believe in. I asked Seun not to condemn him but to understand him. You definitely don't know my view on such.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by monexx(m): 1:37am On Dec 16, 2016
so many judicial killing shocked undecided shocked grin shocked grin cool undecided undecided kiss[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by davidif: 2:21am On Dec 16, 2016
Kondomatic:
That is the most reasonable thing to do but I think the soldiers were just following instructions that came from above.

No sane soldier will embark on such mission without being sent by people at the top so it will be a breach of trust/contract to prosecute them.

And that is why there superiors need to also be prosecuted.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by johnsonjosbles(m): 4:05am On Dec 16, 2016
Kondomatic:

e be like say those british ppl needed to have their brain check, how can u call for the dismisal of soldier who is simply doind their job, the call supose to be jail buratai who gave such order, and the order was also recieved frm the durladinho himself

1 Like

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Daplux4: 5:26am On Dec 16, 2016
the present leadership in Nigeria lacks intelligence, brutai committed genocide which the president should have dismissed him before now to face the international community
His actions since he becomes the Army chief is questionable

1 Like

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by blackolade: 6:43am On Dec 16, 2016
crosbreaka:

"Shia are worse than boko haram" is a pirated form of "Shia are worse than the Jews".

In the Middle East, Wahhabi aka Salafist clerics parrot that "Shiites are worse than Jews". You can search the phrase on Google.

It's Wahhabism for you. The essence of Wahhabism is takfirism. Due to takfirism, and takfiri killings which are un-Islamic by the way, you get all the hatred. Those little Wahhabi e-soldiers are only parrots.

epp me tell this guy to speak English...
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 16, 2016
This UK sef smh
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by ransomed: 10:42am On Dec 16, 2016
Gay loving, long nose red neck brutes should mind their business. They left us in this mess after stealing our resources all in the name of colonialism.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by newecop(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Seun, please can you help with a ban for the bold words?

Mtcheew
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by APCHaram: 11:03am On Dec 16, 2016
Reading some comments on this thread exposes the lack of intelligence and human empathy majority of Nigerian youth lack.

Some have argued that the NCOs that took part in the bloodbath on defenseless citizens which included women and children to be exonerated as, according to them, the NCOs were merely following orders from their superiors.

I will not engage in any moral argument why it is a crime for the army of a nation acting from orders at the top should engage in a bloody military clampdown of their own citizens out of sheer religious bigotry that they were commissioned to protect in the first place, rather I will remind you that since 1966, more NCOs have been condemned and executed by military court marshals for participating in an unsuccessful coup plot.

The Nigerian army has no qualms in executing NCOs, who were arrested for merely following the same orders of their commanding officers during a coup. So why should the same army shield NCOs who participated in an obviously criminal mission?

Another reason why I honestly feel the NCOs involved in the Zaria massacre must face justice is that as a regular conventional territorial force signatory to the tenets of the Geneva Convention, the training program of the regular intake course of the Nigerian Army is mandated by Nigeria's signatory of the same Geneva convention to ensure every personnel and officer to both familiarise and abide by the same convention. Ignorance is thus not an excuse.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 16, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Which ones follows the criterion? Sunni or Shia?

The only one that follows the criterion is the Muslim.
Allah described them in Quran 3:4

Hope this helps
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by franklynsunny(m): 11:08am On Dec 16, 2016
Who gave d order in d first plc
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by APCHaram: 11:14am On Dec 16, 2016
When the news of this massacre first broke out, Femi Adesina - media spokesman to the buhari govt, described the incidence as a "military affair" that he wasn't authorised to comment on.

That should tell you the orders came directly straight from Aso Rock!
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Onyocha: 11:18am On Dec 16, 2016
Saudi Arabia to 'inoculate' children against westernization, atheism and liberalism

Government programme targets threats to 'ideological security' in schools

Lizzie Dearden Friday 16 December 2016

Saudi Arabia is launching a programme to “inoculate” children against Westernisation, atheism, liberalism and secularism.

They were listed as threats to “ideological security”, ahead of the danger from extremist groups including Isis and al-Qaeda and sectarianism.

The education ministry’s plans were announced in the Makkah newspaper, the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) said, sparking a storm of debate and an Arabic hashtag translated as “Liberalism is a dangerous group” on Twitter.

It follows another government project announced in March 2015 to “protect schoolboys and schoolgirls from deviant behaviour” by enforcing religious and moral values.

Saudi critics labelled the latest initiative “danger to security” and a “disaster” for religious freedom and intellectual debate in Saudi Arabia.

“Have you ever heard of a liberal who committed murder? Or of a secularist who blew himself up?” Nadine al-Budair asked on Twitter, while columnists at other Saudi newspapers accused the government of seeking to prevent free thought and prioritising a witch-hunt against “liberals” over the real terror threat from Isis and al-Qaeda.

Saudi Arabia’s constitution enshrines Sunni Islam as the foundation for its governance and law, opening with the clause: “The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a sovereign Arab Islamic state with Islam as its religion; God's Book and the Sunnah of His Prophet, God's prayers and peace be upon him, are its constitution.”

It states that Saudis must be brought up on the basis of Islamic faith and that the state will accordingly strive to maintain the country’s Arab and Islamic values and “protect Islam”.

The constitution stipulates that education will “aim at instilling the Islamic faith in the younger generation” and mould children to be “useful” in society.

Human rights organisations have long raised alarm over Saudi Arabia’s repression of liberal thought with prosecutions and arrests, including the imprisonment and lashing of secular blogger Raif Badawi.

Human Rights Watch’s 2016 world report said the state’s adherence to the fundamentalist Wahhabist branch of Sunni Islam generates wide-ranging constraints on freedom of religion.

It does not tolerate public worship by non-Muslims and systematically discriminates against Islamic religious minorities, including Shias and Ismailis

“Immorality” laws are additionally used to crack down on pro-LGBT, feminist and reformist writing and social media posts, while "blasphemy" is a capital offence.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-islam-inoculate-children-education-against-westernisation-atheism-liberalism-secularism-a7478761.html%3Famp?client=safari

CC: Seun. If Seun would've taken this wonder Saudi Wahhabi vaccine he won't have been atheist. The Wahhabis in Nigeria should hurry to import this vaccine before we have more atheists like Seun. grin
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Onyocha: 11:26am On Dec 16, 2016
APCHaram:
When the news of this massacre first broke out, Femi Adesina - media spokesman to the buhari govt, described the incidence as a "military affair" that he wasn't authorised to comment on.

That should tell you the orders came directly straight from Aso Rock!

This statement from the British high commission is either loaded with meanings and implications for the presidency or it is an uncalculated statement meant to only blow air for public consumption and for eye service and to be ignored and not taken seriously; in other words hypocrisy.

If the statement at face value is anything to be taken seriously then there are serious implications. Soldiers who took part will explain who ordered them and where the order originated from. Both the governor of kaduna and the president have justified the clampdown and also condemned the IMN to the extent of labeling them "insurgents".

Even if the governnent is to take action against soldiers that took part, I don't see that happening. The clampdown did not stop with the killings between December 12 to 14 of 2015. Several incidents have taken place where more lives have been lost. Recently in Kano during another religious procession. Punishing soldiers who took part in the Zaria massacre would mean an end to the clampdown on Shiites, and particularly the IMN members. For a government still actively taking measures against the group even after the killings and court order calling for Zakzaky's release, I don't think following the advice of the British is in order.

For these reasons, I think the Western governments, in particular the USA and the U.K. have hidden motives and actions they would take over time regarding the Zaria massacre. Time will tell if these statements are serious by the British and Americans on the Zaria massacre. The case is still loading at the ICC. I really don't see how this Zaria massacre will be buried and forgotten. I imagine some heavyweights will be flown to The Hague.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by APCHaram: 11:29am On Dec 16, 2016
Onyocha:

This statement from the British high commission is either loaded with meanings and implications for the presidency or it is an uncalculated statement meant to only blow air for public consumption and for eye service and to be ignored and not taken seriously; in other words hypocrisy.

If the statement at face value is anything to be taken seriously then there are serious implications. Soldiers who took part will explain who ordered them and where the order originated from. Both the governor of kaduna and the president have justified the clampdown and also condemned the IMN to the extent of labeling them "insurgents".

Even if the governnent is to take action against soldiers that took part, I don't see that happening. The clampdown did not stop with the killings between December 12 to 14 of 2015. Several incidents have taken place where more lives have been lost. Recently in Kano during another religious procession. Punishing soldiers who took part in the Zaria massacre would mean an end to the clampdown on Shiites, and particularly the IMN members. For a government still actively taking measures against the group even after the killings and court order calling for Zakzaky's release, I don't think following the advice of the British is in order.

For these reasons, I think the Western governments, in particular the USA and the U.K. having hidden motives and actions they would take over time regarding the Zaria massacre. The case is still loading at the ICC. I really don't see how this Zaria massacre will be buried and forgotten. I imagine some heavyweights will be flown to The Hague.

When it takes an outsider to remind you of your humanity then you know you are living in a failed state

1 Like

Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Onyocha: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
APCHaram:

When it takes an outsider to remind you of your humanity then you know you are living in a failed state

Well, humanity from the surface, fine. But going by the wars that the British and Americans have fought of recent, they themselves don't have a good record on human rights. The Americans and British think strategically. They think of their interests. They have long been complaining and not selling weapons to Nigeria because of what they say is because of human rights abuses by the Nigerian security. They may have just found use or purpose for the Zaria massacre to employ it and make a statement once and for all that enough is enough. And it all starts with one statement from here and one from there. Time will tell what is the motives of these statements. The USA embassy had previously also made a statement. Then the state department spokesman also released a statement. Now the U.K. high commission. It's undoubtedly getting interesting. Let's keep watching the next statement and by who.
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by APCHaram: 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
Onyocha:

Well, humanity from the surface, fine. But going by the wars that the British and Americans have fought of recent, they themselves don't have a good record on human rights. The Americans and British think strategically. They think of their interests. They have long been complaining and not selling weapons to Nigeria because of what they say is because of human rights abuses by the Nigerian security. They may have just found use or purpose for the Zaria massacre to employ it and make a statement once and for all that enough is enough. And it all starts with one statement from here and one from there. Time will tell what is the motives of these statements. The USA embassy had previously also made a statement. Then the state department spokesman also released a statement. Now the U.K. high commission. It's undoubtedly getting interesting. Let's keep watching the next statement and by who.

At least the British and Americans don't send their soldiers on a religious cleansing mission on their own citizens on the behest of Saudi Arabia
Re: Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria by Onyocha: 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2016
APCHaram:

At least the British and Americans don't send their soldiers on a religious cleansing mission on their own citizens on the behest of Saudi Arabia

Very correct. They treat their citizens like kings and queens even if they worship the devil. But here, you hear statements like "Shiites are not Muslims" to justify killings. So what if they are not Muslims?! In London and America, you find American and British Shia doing their religious processions in London and New York without hindrance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Soldiers, Kidnap Motorists In Zamfara / Peter Obi Decries Fake Media Reports Targeted To Discredit Him (Photos) / Army To Deploy 10,000 Soldiers In Niger-Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.