Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Chinese Expatriates Invasion? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chinese Expatriates Invasion? (1501 Views)

Immigration: Kenya Closes Doors On Low Paid Expatriates Under 35 / Are Nigerian Expatriates Required To Pay Tax ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 10, 2007
I want to use this medium once again to air my candid view on the recent invasion of the CHINESE expatriates into our innocent and growing economy.

I am quite sure that if a proper check and balance is carried out before they(CHINESE) are allowed to bring in any of their expertriates here in Nigeria, it will go along way in effecting the positive change our new generational leaders and innovators are cultivating.

As a matter of fact, from my own research, i have truly seen any country that allowed the CHINESE to run the main stream of their country's structure; for instance, our agricultural sector, part of the petroleum sector, rail and telecommunications etc.

However, i am not saying that they are not good and trustworthy but they should undergo serious screening before they ae allowed into our country because Nigeria has got a whole lot professionals that can do what these so called expertise are doing.

Moreover, this act might have some negative effects too; just like what happened in Libya, when some foreign nurses(EXPATRIATES!) was alleged to have injected HIV into some Libyan children's system.

So i strongly advice that we should caution ourselves and let us all debate and research on this issue.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by joshO: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2007
Nothing wrong with this, in my opinion.

As a people, we hardly take advantage of the opportunities that sorround us, as we chase contracts + embark on get-rich-quick schemes rather than invest in the development of our nation. The presence of the Chinese may help elevate our collective thinking.

The Chinese will continue to thrive in our nation because of who we are. If a Nigerian corporation acquires assets like companies or oil blocks, we'll all be at daggers end, ready to apply whatever political interpretation to destroy our very own. Some will even describe it as favouritism. If a Chinese or other foreigner (oyinbo, master) buys it up, we'll all be mute.

Our attitude in Nigerian is a hangover of slave mentality. We're quick to destroy our very own who try to make a difference.

Therefore, let the Chinese or Koreans for that matter continue to flourish in our nation. . Whilst there may be some negative consequences, I believe the overall benefit far outweighs the cost.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by oziomatv(m): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2007
Since the government of Nigeria failed to recognize the intelligent of the Igbos over these years,
and also go ahead to destroy his ambition to grow technologically out of tribalism,
I think the Chinese will continue to invade or even take over our government.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by Horus(m): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2007
There are no Nigerian restaurants in Chinatown and there certainly is no Chinese Food restaurant in China town owned and operated by a Nigerian family. If a Nigerian person tried, the business would be shut down, before it started. Why??, [b]Economic Violence.[/b]Every group of people understands practices and strategically utilizes the concept of economic violence, except Nigerian people. In fact the economic violence that we, as Nigerian people, practice is economic violence against ourselves. Economic violence is the art and science of using the exchange of money for goods and/or services as an aspect of ethnic warfare, survival and prosperity.The Chinese will not support a Nigerian business over their own, because they are not interested in ethnic suicide. The Chinese are logical, as self preservation is the most basic of human instincts. So not only will a Chinese person not support a Nigerian business over a Chinese business, they take it one step further and plant their business in a Nigerian community and implement plans to take Nigerian people's money. This ideological posture is pure and scientific economic violence. Replace Chinese with any other ethnic group besides Nigerian, and the picture becomes clearer.The above is not a condemnation of Chinese, Korean, Arab or white businesses at all. It is a condemnation of Nigerian people who have forgotten The[b] "African First"[/b]. Every ethnic group has mastered this concept except Nigerian people. It is in my interest to come from a powerful people. Therefore, my interest is committing economic violence on behalf of Nigerian people. That means purchasing a Nigerian or African person's service or product "first" before I purchase any other race's service or product.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by babasin(m): 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2007
these are not EXPATRIATES but bloody IMMIGRANTS.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by astronp7(m): 3:55am On Dec 31, 2007
On whose standards do they base their products. Almost anything you get from China will definitely get bad in no distant time.

If only our leaders will be sincere for ones and look at ways to develop indiginious technology, instead of rushing for cheap funds from China. I don't just understand why its very easy for them to get blinded with $$$ for so long. I mean its 47 years now, and we keep on doing the same thing over and over again.

God Save Nigeria!
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by Horus(m): 4:58am On Dec 31, 2007
The China Business Daily has reported that more than 500,000 Chinese businessmen and merchants have set up shop in Africa.There is resentment among small traders in Africa over the inflow of cheap Chinese goods. Campaigners against corruption claim some Chinese firms have no hesitation in paying bribes, underbid local firms and fail to employ enough Africans.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 31, 2007
Yes, only few of the Chinese in Nigeria are expats in the real sense of the word. Most are traders and labourers. The Chinese tend to bring the low-quality products to Africa to reduce costs and hence price and undercut the indigenous manufacturers. Hence so much fake and inferior products in our markets. However, it is the same Chinese that produce all the good quality products (Italian shoes, bags, sunglasses, Gucci, Nike, Nokia, Computers, etc) we get from US, UK, Dubai, etc. Since those countries strictly enforcess the set standards, the Chinese factories have no choice but to produce quality products for them or else they will loose to Thailand, Phillipines, etc. But also, they are able to sell these products at higher prices to these countries. Unfortunately, we have to pay multiple taxation to get these products from these other countries whereas they originally originated in China. The same thing obtains in the Chinese market, you can get two products looking alike and one costs ten to fifty times the other. But the quality is totally different. Even Girogio Armani was able to get the replica of his own wristwatch for less than 20 dollars in China.

The truth is that we are a nation of consumers, and are too dependent on imports. The only people the Chinese are displacing in our market are the British, Americans, Italians etc. We will still import from somewhre anyways until we develop our local manufacturing. I think SON has more work to do to ensure that only quality products are allowed into Nigeria. The need to be more proactive like NAFDAC. Also, some of the Nigerian companies are doing very well now in terms of quality. For instance the fruit juice produced in Nigeria now compares favourably if not better than those from abroad. So, we as Nigerians shoud also learn to patronise our products, where they meet our quality needs.

Also, I think that our government should encourage some of our local fabrics eg Adire and Ankara to be sown as office clothes. They suit our weather better and will create wealth for our people. Not all jobs require dressing formally wearing suits and ties, especially for those not always working in an air-conditioned environment. This will promote local content.

Anyway, let me not digress too much from the original topic.

Ciao.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by ell77(f): 2:17pm On Dec 31, 2007
Why won't the illegal immigrants come to Nigeria? When I Nigerian comes to invest they are either thwarted by a different tribe for being from a different tribe or they are victims of theft and fraud, instead of encouraging our own we will be unhappy that they have money at all and try to hinder their progress. Mind you not all Nigerians are like this of course but the number that are, are too many. When one Chinese person enters they help more to enter and progress even if not directly they atleast give advice or appear hospitable. If I come to Nigeria now to start a business how many people here can swear hand on heart that if I left them in charge of collecting N100,000 from sales or service, they would not take some and claim they reduced the price of sale, or they increased the cost of a certain item, or they just straight up steal it? That is how Nigerian businesses fail before they even get to a level where they are good enough for the employees to be rewarded well enough. People will always think about the here and now and not build a future for themselves and their country. Anyway all that being said, I am going to come back soon to do my bit, it just annoys me that i know I will most certainly meet resistance, more so than these Chinese immigrants!!
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by dustydee: 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2007
I totally agree with u.A company like Huawei does not pay Her Nigerian members of staff very well compared to other telecoms companies but as soon as a local staff resigns,they replace him/her with 2 or 3 chinese.They end up paying those chinese 2 or 3 times more than they pay Nigerians because Nigeria is considered a hostile country. sad
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by presido1: 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2007
Small time we wil start seeing half 9ja half chiness abi them never dey already?
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by ell77(f): 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2007
lol. There must be mixes by now. Anyway I am not really bothered whether they come or not afterall this land is God's land I believe everyone should be able to go where they want with no restrictions (unless they are bad people, lol). My own issue is why Nigerians will always help others more than their own - black people do it in general though. cry
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 01, 2008
I totally agree with ell77. The main problem with the black race in general is me, family, country, race in that order, but the exact reverse is the case for the Caucausians and in most cases the Asians too, and that is why they continue to dominate the world.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by otokx(m): 10:19am On Jan 01, 2008
@ell77

Believe me there are still some good Nigerians - try me. As for them chinese its our governments fault for not enforcing our laws.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by ell77(f): 2:12pm On Jan 01, 2008
Do people who are not black get deported from Nigeria at all?

Anyway I know the greatest villain can be found in Nigeria and every man, woman and child will know him/her globally.

But the greatest heroes can also be found in Nigeria and no one will acknowledge him/her. I know there are good people in Nigeria afterall am I not Nigerian! lol. Unfortunately they often are not the ones Nigerians from abroad find themselves dealing with, I don't know why. It is usually oyibo who find these good guys when it comes to doing business, perhaps the good guys in Nigeria don't trust Nigerians abroad - thats what I think anyway, they believe oyibo won't do 419 and is more organised and more efficient etc.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by babasin(m): 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2008
ell77:

Anyway I know the greatest villain can be found in Nigeria and every man, woman and child will know him/her globally.

But the greatest heroes can also be found in Nigeria and no one will acknowledge him/her. I know there are good people in Nigeria afterall am I not Nigerian! lol. Unfortunately they often are not the ones Nigerians from abroad find themselves dealing with, I don't know why. It is usually oyibo who find these good guys when it comes to doing business, perhaps the good guys in Nigeria don't trust Nigerians abroad - thats what I think anyway, they believe oyibo won't do 419 and is more organised and more efficient etc.

People hardly get deported. we dont have same concept of LIFE as WEST. Africans are generally too friendly to outsiders.

Anyway, the WEST are jealous that chinese influence is growing in AFRICA, they are no longer alone to MILK africa dry.

Thats why EU also organised conference in Lisbon recently. But after 700yrs of EU-AFRICA relation, we are still as backward as ever.

It is time AFRICA embraces china but with OPEN eyes and clear measure of purpose.

if you are not a Nigerian, how come you know so much about the country?
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by ell77(f): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2008
babasin:

People hardly get deported. we don't have same concept of LIFE as WEST. Africans are generally too friendly to outsiders.

Anyway, the WEST are jealous that chinese influence is growing in AFRICA, they are no longer alone to MILK africa dry.

Thats why EU also organised conference in Lisbon recently. But after 700yrs of EU-AFRICA relation, we are still as backward as ever.

It is time AFRICA embraces china but with OPEN eyes and clear measure of purpose.

if you are not a Nigerian, how come you know so much about the country?

lol. I am a Nigerian I was trying to speak broken QUOTE:"Am I not a Nigerian"!

Yeah I agree, I have no problem with Chinese people coming to Nigeria but it is just that soon Nigerians will be second class citizens in their own country also (like South Africa). But the problem is Nigerians will be to blame for that not any other race! I am gonna do my bit soon!
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by wany(f): 4:48pm On Jan 01, 2008
you guys should all keep your dirty trap shut,thats how you guys cost problem for others with thrash talk,do you no how many nigerians are in china doing businesses,the same restaurant you mention,go to beiljine and you will find lots of nigerians restaurants,which is flourishing very well,owned and run by 9jas.how about india,even vietnam go and see what the igbo brothers are doing there.if you have enough to go and invest or hustle out the cash in the asian region fine and ok.dont condem any one ok.one minute is an igbo man grabing all the contract the next minute an hausa man or a yoruba man,now the chinese,for heaven sake is a free world.provided you are financially capable you can do business any where ok.its a free world,pls post better thread.and let me warn you,when you throw stone in a crowded market be mindful it could hit your very own.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by oziomatv(m): 5:06pm On Jan 01, 2008
wany:

you guys should all keep your dirty trap shut,thats how you guys cost problem for others with thrash talk,do you no how many nigerians are in china doing businesses,the same restaurant you mention,go to beiljine and you will find lots of nigerians restaurants,which is flourishing very well,owned and run by 9jas.how about india,even vietnam go and see what the igbo brothers are doing there.if you have enough to go and invest or hustle out the cash in the asian region fine and ok.don't condem any one ok.one minute is an igbo man grabing all the contract the next minute an hausa man or a yoruba man,now the chinese,for heaven sake is a free world.provided you are financially capable you can do business any where ok.its a free world,please post better thread.and let me warn you,when you throw stone in a crowded market be mindful it could hit your very own.
It's like you just wake up from sleep goodmorning and say what you know.
china is like a parasite to any nation they live in they have never being of useful to where they land.
they are made to be a vampire.
too conservative and narrow minded.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by ell77(f): 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2008
wany:

you guys should all keep your dirty trap shut,thats how you guys cost problem for others with thrash talk,do you no how many nigerians are in china doing businesses,the same restaurant you mention,go to beiljine and you will find lots of nigerians restaurants,which is flourishing very well,owned and run by 9jas.how about india,even vietnam go and see what the igbo brothers are doing there.if you have enough to go and invest or hustle out the cash in the asian region fine and ok.don't condem any one ok.one minute is an igbo man grabing all the contract the next minute an hausa man or a yoruba man,now the chinese,for heaven sake is a free world.provided you are financially capable you can do business any where ok.its a free world,please post better thread.and let me warn you,when you throw stone in a crowded market be mindful it could hit your very own.

@Wany - I hope you were not directing that at me it is too aggressive and rude for my liking, anyway like i said if you read my posts everyone should be allowed to go anywhere what i have problems with is Nigerians blocking other Nigerians from being successful because of tribe or pure greed but that is my problem, your own brothers and sisters can steal from you yet they will look in awe at someone who comes from another country and help them to invest like they are actually going to help the community more than the people they cheated would have. When I chinese person comes to do business it is called 'investing' when a nigerian does it is called 'showing-off'. Anyway i don't have a trap I have a mouth and it is very clean, ok? Your previous posts suggest you hate nigeria or have i misunderstood?
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by oldie(m): 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2008
ell77:

How do you want the Immigration people to chop? grin

Chinese are not the problem. Blame the government agencies that are not performing their duties
Agencies like: Customs, Immigration, Police and SON is even clueless.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by faketan(m): 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2008
Bribery is institutional in China.

A friend of mine who is Chinese once said that for a fresh graduate in medicine to get a place for internship in China, they pay as much as £7000 pounds to the employers and whether you will be aacceptedwill depend on who you know because many people will be ready to part with the money.

And to undergo surgical procedure, the patient will have to part with a large chunk of money as well.
That may explain why they won't hhesitateto bribe if only it will make for smooth operation.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by Horus(m): 7:02pm On Jan 01, 2008
If the Chinese can close their doors and give only a handful of visas to their own country, then it is high time we shut our doors to their invasion. A reasonable percentage of our imported materials and goods come from China. What are we exporting to them?

Chinese Invasion of Nigeria

By Alinnnor Arinze

China besides being one of the countries with a huge population has the world longest continuous history. Spanning five millennia, China's history is colourful and complex. Wars, emperors, invasions, rebellions, revolution, invention, wonderful art, beauty, natural disaster, foreign exploitation, foreign rule, frustration, hope, isolation, opening, renewal and modernization all form a part of China's history. China's history will fill your mind with images and insights that intrigue, awe, amaze, and even shock you. China's history is about her people. History dictates that politics and government will change, and China's have repeatedly.
One cannot separate China’s culture from her history. Therefore, to know China and her people, you must know something of her history. But I am not going to bore you with the details here. Mainland China is now one of the largest economic powerhouses in the world. In a few short years after Deng Xiao Ping liberalized the Chinese economy in 1989, China has raced from a Third World country to jostle or position as one of the world most influential economic powers. China with huge reserves is blessed with human and mineral resources with which she can offer affordable products and services at the cheapest level. Many are even confused that they do not know whether to now regard China as a communist enclave or a capitalist. It only remains the truth that they are everywhere and into everything.
I don’t think there is a place or sector you will go to now in our nation and not have Chinese presence and domination. Recently, I visited Balogun Market in Lagos, and even saw some hawking their wares there. The ones I saw in Apapa on my way to Tincan area also were hawking. I am not particularly against their presence and their seeing and using the opportunities our people had neglected. But they are helping spoil most of the things here. They are interested in their welfare and not ours. They are the major people pirating people’s works here. They cannot even afford to do most of the stuff they are doing here in their place.
How many of them pay their taxes? How many are with up-to-date papers or resident permits? How easy is it now to secure a Chinese visa? Can a Nigerian do business freely in their place without undue interference by their authorities? Can a Nigerian move freely the way they are doing here in China? What are their authorities doing about the fake and sub-standard goods coming daily from their place? What are their authorities doing about their nationals here who import our registered products and sell? What are they doing about their people here who engage in piracy and duplication of fake works of art? I hope intellectual property rights are respected in their place.
Nigerians are very accommodating. Many nationals come here and are not disturbed, but our people are not given the same opportunity over there. If the Chinese can close their doors and give only a handful of visas to their own country, then it is high time we shut our doors to their invasion. A reasonable percentage of our imported materials and goods come from China. What are we exporting to them? A member of the Chinese trade delegation talked about their direct investment in Nigeria in recent times and it looked huge on paper. How much of our foreign exchange that goes into their economy was not mentioned.
Our manufacturers are crying. Many cannot remain in business because of the influx of the Chinese goods and services. If they really want to contribute to the growth of our economy, what stops them from setting up industries that will employ our youths and manufacture most of those goods here? The ones who have their companies here fill them up with their own people and leave little or no space to employ our youths. The ones they even dare to employ are contract staff of those companies who are sacked at will.  Our government should wake up from this deep sleep before the Chinese invasion halt whatever they project for vision 2020 economically.
I read sometime ago and China was listed amongst the countries that are mostly likely to offer bribe to get whatever they desire from foreign public office holders. Does it mean our own office holders have been bought to turn deaf ears and blind eyes to this invasion? We have seen different Chinese trade delegation visit our country. After their visits, every contract given out by the government goes the way of the Chinese companies from railway contracts to other sectors of the economy. I cannot say that they are the best companies around. But maybe their companies are the only ones who bid for such contracts. But how well have they faired with such contracts? Our satellite was launched recently. Who were the brains behind the big project? The Chinese of course. And I believe they are the only capable or qualified hands to do such projects for us. Kudos to them.
One good turn deserves another. Love is not a lopsided affair; you cannot give and not receive, you cannot receive and not give back. We are giving visas and permits to the Chinese nationals who wish to come and do business here. They should reciprocate by making it much easier for our businessmen to procure Chinese visas. They should consider aiding our government curb the menace of counterfeiting and piracy by their nationals who hide under different fronts. They should genuinely help our economy by bringing down their people to come and build industries that will employ our people here, instead of helping close down our industries by their nefarious activities. Nigeria deserves more than what we are getting from the Chinese diplomatic or bilateral relationship. God bless them as they adjust.

Arinze Alinnor is an inspirational public speaker, newspaper columnist, and author of inspirational books. He is based presently in Lagos, Nigeria. He comments on social and human rights issues and other issues concerning life, especially marriage

Source: http://www.nathanielturner.com/chineseinvasionofnigeria.htm
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by babasin(m): 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2008
We are giving visas and permits to the Chinese nationals who wish to come and do business here. They should reciprocate by making it much easier for our businessmen to procure Chinese visas.

this is what you should tell your Senators to do by passing a law that requires Nigeria Government to have such a policy.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by babasin(m): 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2008
Yeah I agree, I have no problem with Chinese people coming to Nigeria but it is just that soon Nigerians will be second class citizens in their own country also (like South Africa). But the problem is Nigerians will be to blame for that not any other race! [b]I am going to do my bit soon![/[/b]quote]

uumm, what is the bit you planned to do?

With present composition of Nigeria; you need to be 'high-up' to really have some impact.

Nigeria is land of 'BIG-MAN'/'BIG-WOMAN'

Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by ell77(f): 9:19pm On Jan 01, 2008
@Babasin - don't worry Babasin I know that much okay? Well I plan to start my own businesses there and  i feel i have great ideas, my only obstacles will lie in people wanting to cheat me but I am sure i will meet decent people too. In time I aim to start my own charities.

These wont be 'dash-dash' charities. Although I would like to own an orphanage. But I wan't to provide scholarships, I want to redevelop areas that are not as they should be, I wan't to start up a venture capitalist agency where I will invest in local businesses (depending obviously on the market i.e. could aghriculture thrive or is an internet cafe better) and help other men and women to come up too but not after educating them on how to run a good business (that will be the charity part of it), i wan't to open a clinic/hospital where perhaps emergency care is free to those who earn below a certain amount and you are treated first before being asked to pay (if deemed able to pay at all - ok this one na dash).

I will have to be MEGA RICH to do so and i know it is possible, i have worked hard all my life and when I have a worthy cause i am able to pull my superior game out and achieve things others can only dream about. That being said, it is only God who can help me with this so pray for me oh! Atleast even if I only manage to do one of these things I listed it will amke a difference to someone's life and if every Nigerian who could both at home and abroad did the same by now Nigeria would be the land of milk and honey! I do not care about joinning politics for now I believe the answer lies in wealth not politics anyway because even if I joined will I be able to make our president and various governors all good? By the time that happens i will already be dead and i want to make some kind of impact in my life time. Afterall i was born on democracy day I think it is a sign! grin
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by Seun(m): 9:25pm On Jan 01, 2008
Why do you want to make impact? Do Nigerians really deserve everything you're planning for them? Think about it.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by ell77(f): 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2008
I have and yes they do. My mum is a Nigerian, my Dad is a Nigerian my brothers are a Nigerian. I am Nigerian. if i was born in a town where oil was leaking into my water or cholera was plaguing me I would like someone to help me. There are many good Nigerians  but even if they were all bad except my family I would still try and help because they are my people and if tomorrow BNP ruled England and sent us all back to where we came from I would find myself in Nigeria. Tomorrow If i complain how bad Nigeria is and how much I hate it someone should stone me because what have I done so far to make it better?

The UK has a lot of opportunities for people who want to become businessmen (banks and business anbgels and governemnt trusts and levys), there are also scholarships, free healthcare, orphanages. I may complain about UK but it does what it is supposed to. Now okay the government carries this out and they should do that in nigeria too, but in the UK they don't have oil per se, they use my tax money to do all this. So if I am to spend my money through tax building the UK 30% to 40% (isn't tax like 15% in nigeria and how many people pay the full 15%) of my income why can't I spend the same amount rebuilding Nigeria. If Nigeria does not deserve the developments I want to give does the Uk deserve the developments it has had?
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by babasin(m): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2008
@ell77,
These wont be 'dash-dash' charities. Although I would like to own an orphanage. But I wan't to provide scholarships, I want to redevelop areas that are not as they should be, I wan't to start up a venture capitalist agency where I will invest in local businesses (depending obviously on the market i.e. could aghriculture thrive or is an internet cafe better) and help other men and women to come up too but not after educating them on how to run a good business (that will be the charity part of it), i wan't to open a clinic/hospital where perhaps emergency care is free to those who earn below a certain amount and you are treated first before being asked to pay (if deemed able to pay at all - ok this one na dash).

Lovely dreams but I will suggest you pick ONE and work very hard on it.

make it a life time achievement.

everything you need will come into-place.

a warning though: dont expect to get any appreciation from the people that will receive your help!
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by ell77(f): 11:00pm On Jan 01, 2008
babasin:

@ell77,

Lovely dreams but I will suggest you pick ONE and work very hard on it.

make it a life time achievement.

everything you need will come into-place.

a warning though: don't expect to get any appreciation from the people that will receive your help!

First I have to get the money then i will pick which one I am able to do and work from there. You are right, people who do good are rarely appreciated out of every ten people who do maybe 1 at most will be appreciated anyway that is not my issue or reason for doing so - that is the reason someone gets married! lol.
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by micklplus(m): 8:35am On Jan 02, 2008
@ell77
Nice dreams you have got !
You sure could achieve all those for real. keep working hard as u have said and note that, the sky would only be the stepping stone to greatness ! keep ya head up wink

i really do wish every 1 out of 10 nigerians would have such great dreams    !

but wait o, wetin we go about this chinese people?? They could be good for us but, whats the percentage of their benefits to our economy as against the disadvantages  ?
Re: Chinese Expatriates Invasion? by ell77(f): 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2008
@micklplus - thaks I will do my best, maybe if I achieve atleast some of these things oithers will realise how possible it is for a Nigerian to do such, especially those who are too afraid/sceptical (will be hard though but i am not afraid of hard work).

(1) (Reply)

Bakery Business / Buyers Of Cassava Flour(a.k.a Garri) / Mainstreet Bank Now Changed To Skye Bank.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.