Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Nairalanders! Help, How Can I Get My Phone To Connect To 3G? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nairalanders! Help, How Can I Get My Phone To Connect To 3G? (454 Views)

The Best Phone To Buy With A Budget Of N40k? / Android: “Camera Is Not Working, Can’t Connect To Camera” See Possible Solutions / How To Connect Your Smartphone To A Television. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders! Help, How Can I Get My Phone To Connect To 3G? by DY20: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
I have searched all over the internet for solutions but no joy. Nairaland is my last hope now.

I bought a London used LG L70 phone, it comes pre-installed with version 4.4 KitKat. I updated it to CM13 of 6.0 Marshmallow (then to 7.1 Nougat then rolled back)

I noticed that I can't browse using 3G despite the network setting. Before the update, if I choose the 3G option, I will lose network.

After the update, if I chose 3G.. it automatically switched back to 2G and internet is awfully slow. (sad)

I don't know if it is the phone band or something.

I hope that someone will be able to help me here. Thanks in advance. God bless you.
Re: Nairalanders! Help, How Can I Get My Phone To Connect To 3G? by GoodyOG: 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
pls am also having the same problem... any time am in 3g or auto mod, service drops foreva but if am in 2g, service will b steady... it started all of a sudden after i updated my fone from 4.4 to 5.o
Re: Nairalanders! Help, How Can I Get My Phone To Connect To 3G? by PhonePlanet(m): 7:06am On Dec 16, 2016
Go to your Phone/Dialer app and dial the following USSD code: *#*#4636#*#*

A popup window will open something like this:

Select the first option from the list that appears i.e. Phone Information
Scroll down till you get to the Set preferred network type heading. By default, it might be on GSM only (i.e. 2G only) or WCDMA preferred (i.e. 3G preferred). Change this option to WCDMA only and your phone will automatically switch to 3G only mode.
Re: Nairalanders! Help, How Can I Get My Phone To Connect To 3G? by DY20: 8:53am On Dec 16, 2016
GoodyOG:
pls am also having the same problem... any time am in 3g or auto mod, service drops foreva but if am in 2g, service will b steady... it started all of a sudden after i updated my fone from 4.4 to 5.o
Which phone are you using?
Re: Nairalanders! Help, How Can I Get My Phone To Connect To 3G? by GoodyOG: 1:31pm On Dec 16, 2016
DY20:
Which phone are you using?
Samsung grand prime

(1) (Reply)

More People Would Rather Keep Using A Defective Samsung Note7 Than Buy An LG / MTN: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola — And We Paid No Bribe / How To Use Multiple Whatsapp Account On Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.