Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November (5477 Views)

Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Rises To 12.82% In July, As Food Prices Surge / Inflation Rate Rises From 11.14% To 11.23% In August – NBS / Nigeria's Inflation Rate Rises Less Than Forecast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by Truth234(m): 5:12am On Dec 16, 2016
The cost of living in Nigeria rose slightly in November, following a surge in housing, water, electricity, fuel and clothing.

The consumer price index, which measures inflation rate rose 18.48 percent from a year earlier, according to the National Bureau of Statistics report released on Thursday. The figure was 0.15 percent higher than 18.33 percent recorded in October.

While, the highest increases were seen in housing, water, electricity, energy and clothing. The communications and insurance indexes recorded the lowest increase in November, rising 5.61 percent and 6.76 percent respectively.

On a yearly basis, the food index surged 17.19 percent in November, up by 0.10 percent from the 17.09 percent recorded in October.

On a three-month average, the data showed a steady slowdown in the rate of increase, suggesting that prices are moderating gradually.

“While it is rising, the pace of increase has been slow; which suggests that the problems are being gradually resolved,” said Dr. Yemi Kale, the statistician general of the federation and chief executive, NBS. “If you look at the rate of inflation, it’s been rising at a slower rate for the last four months.”

Also, the NBS reported on Thursday that the country’s unemployment rate climbed from 13.3 percent recorded in the second quarter of the year to 13.9 percent at the end of the third quarter. This report further confirmed the gradual moderation in the figures as federal government continued to devise means to curb economic recession through its proposed 7.3trillion budget.

http://investorsking.com/inflation-rate-rises-slightly-in-november/

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:20am On Dec 16, 2016
Can anything good come out buhary??

11 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 5:49am On Dec 16, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Can anything good come out buhary??

Yes cheesy his daughter just landed a billionaire husband....isnt that something good tongue

16 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:59am On Dec 16, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:

Yes cheesy his daughter just landed a billionaire husband....isnt that something good tongue
oh I forgot. By next week rice will sell for N5000 per bag, our economy will start booming, people that were sacked will be called back, $1 will be equal to N1, light will be 24/7, PMS will be N40 per litre

Sai Barber

16 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 6:04am On Dec 16, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
oh I forgot. By next week rice will sell for N5000 per bag, our economy will start booming, people that were sacked will be called back, $1 will be equal to N1, light will be 24/7.

Sai Barber
so you're one of those who aren't being fair to bubu abi grin
Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:08am On Dec 16, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
so you're one of those who aren't being fair to bubu abi grin
Please dear, when has listing someone's achievements became a crime??

We(I) are trying to let the world see buhary's achievement s nah tongue tongue

12 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by veekid(m): 6:30am On Dec 16, 2016
November OP must be kidding. inflation was on ground right from his day 1 in office. Incase you dont know Inflation na Buhari's Nick name now; their two follow come rule for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by herzern(m): 6:30am On Dec 16, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 16, 2016
We seriously need divine intervention.

And what happened to the great ideas thrown at us during that campaign by "Osinbade"?
Are they no longer implementable?

Let us not forget our brothers, our hearts go out to those who lost their hard earned money to MMM. May the good Lord grant you the courage to bear the loss.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by virginboy1(m): 6:33am On Dec 16, 2016
WHY AM HAPPY THAT MUHAMMADU BUHARI IS THE PRESIDENT*!!!

*...OD..*

*Today, I want to take time and thank GOD for making Buhari the president of this country*.

*At first, I did not understand why GOD allowed it to happen. But now I know and I HAVE SEEN reasons why we should accept his Presidency*.

*Had it been Buhari did not become President*:

*1. We will think that by now fuel will be #45 per litre*.

*2. We will think that by now #1 will be equal to $1*.

*3. We will think that by now three million jobs would have been created*.

*4. We will think that by now unemployed youths would have been receiving #5,000.00 stipends*.

*5. We will think that by now pupils would have been getting at least a meal(including fruits) in school*.

*6. We will think that by now Buhari would have made his assets and liabilities public*.

*7. We will think that by now maternal and children healthcare services would be free*.

*8. We will think that by now Boko Haram will be a thing of the past*.

*9. We will think that by now all corrupt leaders will be in jail*.

*10. We will think that by now Electricity will be 24/7*

*11. We think that by now Nigeria will be the Greatest and strongest Economy in the world*.

*12. We will think by now a bag of rice will be N5000 with a boom in Agriculture*.

*13. We will think by now Nigeria would have recovered all looted funds*.

*14. We will think by now Nnamdi Kanu would have declared Independent State of Biafra*.

*15. We will think that by now Nigeria would have gotten 3 standard working Refinery*.

*16. We will think that by now Nigeria would have stopped importation of fuel*.

*17. We will think by now office of the First Lady will no longer exist*.

*18. We will think by now National Assembly salary would have been cut down to 50%*.

*19. We will think that by now 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation yearly (20,000 per state) would have been created*.

*20. We will think that by now there would be permanent peace in the Niger Delta*.

*21. We will think that by now Chibok girls would have been rescued*.

*22. We will think that by now the government would have started creating additional middle-class of at least two million new home owners in the first year in government and one million annually thereafter*.

*23. By now everybody will be blaming Goodluck Jonathan and calling him clueless*.

*The list is almost endless..."*

*This is Nigeria of 2016*

*The Minister of Agriculture studied French*

*The Minister of Education studied Accounting*

*The Minister of Solid Minerals studied International relations*

*The Minister of Power studied Law*

*The Minister of Communications studied Law*

*The Minister of Transport studied English*.

*Minister of Labour and Employment studied Surgery*

*Minister of Budget and national planning studied law*

*Minister of Foreign Affairs studied Medicine*

*Minister of Petroleum studied Law*

*IGP studied Agriculture*

*I didn't say anything ooo but I hope u know why our economy is on recess*.

*THANKS*

17 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by virginboy1(m): 6:33am On Dec 16, 2016
APC has totally finished this Country

It's 460 a dollar already. This dollar hike is really affecting goods in the market..

You say make I go school I don go school finish no JOB no better Inflow of capital .... Una say make I learn hand work I don de learn now.. But give me stable,better economy with valuable currency make I fit survive, na wahala ...

GOD is too merciful to Nigerian politicians(Good health, long life etc just look at them chai) . . He shows them divine mercy which millions of poor people in this country are yet to have in their lives, i don't just understand the puzzle mehnnn.

4 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by tamertery(m): 6:34am On Dec 16, 2016
Its darkest before dawn... Keep calm my people smiley

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by Atiku2019: 6:35am On Dec 16, 2016
We'll Surely correct this erroneous mistake in 2019 cry cry cry

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by TINALETC3(f): 6:35am On Dec 16, 2016
Yesterday, d prices of goods fell in lagos, 2day, d cost of living in Nigeria generally became high, no wahala ooo, APC I hail una

9 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by awa(m): 6:35am On Dec 16, 2016
Zombies would justify this report and tell you it was cause past regime...

Let's hear what they have to say....

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by celestialAgent(m): 6:36am On Dec 16, 2016
In November, spag went from 180 to 250,

Superpack went from 80 - 90

Change indeed!

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by virginboy1(m): 6:36am On Dec 16, 2016
Nigeria economy crashed
Ultimate cycler crashed
MMM freezes
Bet9ja reduces odds
Salaries pending.....
Super Falcons not paid allowances.

Na who this Country offend na

8 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by yinkslinks(m): 6:37am On Dec 16, 2016
Hahaha! she was forced to marry a billionaire son cus of the recession the dad casused grin grin grin grin grin
BoleynDynaSTY:

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by dicksonadams(m): 6:38am On Dec 16, 2016
Bet who
Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by buharimustlive: 6:39am On Dec 16, 2016
The dull minister of finance KEMI ADEOSUN comes to my mind....... In her voice "RECESSION IS JUST A WORD"

PMB and KEMI have dullness in common.

***Nigerians are still enjoying the prosperity of PDP by next year when the real APC change hit Nigerians the HAfonjas and HABOKIS will start eating themselves.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by dyangprof(m): 6:43am On Dec 16, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:

story

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by Silensa1234: 6:43am On Dec 16, 2016
ok
Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by sotall(m): 6:44am On Dec 16, 2016
ok
Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by omowolewa: 6:47am On Dec 16, 2016
Nigerian Economic with a lot of dilemma.
Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by Adesiji77: 6:49am On Dec 16, 2016
In Guardian newspaper's words "prices run wild"

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by Martinola(m): 6:50am On Dec 16, 2016
When iare things gonna get beta?...dis govt av got no plans whatsoever...
Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by Presidiotbuhari: 6:51am On Dec 16, 2016
sledjama:
We seriously need divine intervention.

And what happened to the great ideas thrown at us during that campaign by "Osinbade"?
Are they no longer implementable?
^^^
Take osibanjo, the professor of lying serious at ya own peril.
Nigeria situation has gone past becareful. If u have the visa of any african country, start heading there cos 2017 will be hell, with the way things is sleeping out of buhari and his incompetent ministers.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by Naijalabel(m): 6:51am On Dec 16, 2016
Legalize MMM inflation will drop

Watch Amina Mohammed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jvOzMF6I-M

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by patchsk(f): 6:51am On Dec 16, 2016
herzern:
cool

It's good to notice that someone always shuts his dirty trap when he has no reasonable thing to say.

Mentcee
Ogathetop
#can'tbesilenced
Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by herzern(m): 6:53am On Dec 16, 2016
patchsk:

It's good to notice that someone always shuts his dirty trap when he has no reasonable thing to say.

Mentcee
Ogathetop
#can'tbesilenced

Do I really GAF about you?? undecided undecided
Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 16, 2016
From technically in recession to slight rise in inflation, hehehehe all this people self, who told them inflation rose slightly?
Re: Inflation Rate Rises Slightly In November by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 16, 2016
Buhari don finish dis country.
I now believe Chinua Achebe was right

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Ways To Make 100K In 7 Days / As A Rich Person Now: If You Were Broke, What Would You Do To Become Rich Again? / NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.