Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience (29299 Views)

Lady Robbed In Port Harcourt Shares Graphic Photos From The Attack / Lady Robbed In A Bus In Onitsha. Slapped By Armed Robbers. Photos / "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by fabuloz1(m): 9:57am On Dec 16, 2016
The story narration is the reason i'm considering having guns legally gotten. One new pump action at my house and one short silvered pistol at my side anywhere, anyday cool God also protect those who protects themselves.

I must acquire guns and use them on invaders grin yes, i must

3 Likes

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2016
Jailerrr:
Get the Bleep outa here menhhh! bloody Antichrist.... mtwwwwwww
CHOSEN IS BLESSED BRO
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by kolaish(m): 9:59am On Dec 16, 2016
chuose2:
Why are you this NAIVE?
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2016
SUNSHINEDAINTY:
its because of so many people of your type that Nigeria has been this way.
U SHOULD BE GLAD BRO IF YOU ARE IN A VEHICLE AND U MEET A CHOSEN! CHOSEN IS BLESSED! HATE IT! LOVE IT! Na YOUR PALAVER
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by koolcat: 10:00am On Dec 16, 2016
this is just why i support jungle justice.

1 Like

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by ElsonMorali: 10:02am On Dec 16, 2016
chuose2:

When God was sharing common sense why did you go take a pee?

See yourself now? Ordinary common sense you no get! undecided
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by lastpage: 10:03am On Dec 16, 2016
FlirtyKaren:
TasalaHQ CEO was robbed last night on Eko bridge. She narrates how 6 armed robbers attacked her and her driver below.

The saddest part is that no one tried to help as my driver attempted to hold one of them down. There were so many cars and people on the road but everyone just looked on.

I thank God that we are both safe, alive and well. Everything that was lost was material and the car can be fixed. I've heard these stories before but in my 4 years of living in Nigeria, this was a first for me.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/12/tasalahq-robbed-eko-bridge-last-night.html

This is not NEWS at all!
Its been happening for at least 20yrs, on that Eko Bridge, Apogbon Bridge, Ikoyi-3rd Mainland Bridge, 3rd Maindland turn-down to Ketu Road and virtually anywhere that a Bridge has "landing" to an underpass.
They rob you and jump down under the Bridge, into surrounding hide-outs.

Fashola helped dealt them blows during his tenor but this "fat-head" that Tinubu imposed on Lagos as Governor, has no clue how to govern Lagos.
All he knows is how to jump from one Night Club to another.

That is why Criminality is on the rise in Lagos, compared to when Fashola was Governor.

Like she said, Nigerians are so selfish, they will just walk-by or swerve their car, instead of helping the victim, in cases where it is just "one thief" that can be easily overpowered by two people. This is what emboldens these thieves

I had my share sometimes in 2002, though l sustained a slight injury but l dumped one into the Lagoon, knifed one so bad l am not sure he will survive while the other two ran away.
Always keep a jack-knife handy, anytime there is a slow-jam on any of these bridges. The first hand that crosses my window gets severed. No story!

Lock all valuable in the Boot of your vehicle (even expensive wrist watches, phone, bags, Laptops.

If you are the fearful type, keep on cheap phone handy that you can dash them.

RRS should be able to station permanently on these "black spots", especially at night (I do see them on the Ikoyi/3rd mainlad bridge axis) and anyone found walking or loitering on the Bridge should be "questioned" properly.
We can even have "decoy" vehicles with Cameras and armed men in Mufti, to bait these criminals.
We catch them, we finish them off and dump them into the Lagoon.
No stories, its that easy

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by blackjah(m): 10:03am On Dec 16, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
And when angry mobs makes an arrangement for them to meet their maker on time people will start crying foul? Auntie take heart, they will meet their Waterloo very soon..
pls don't use angry mobs, rather use 'Justified mobs'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by Category1: 10:05am On Dec 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Damn.

Same Eko Bridge?we should be very careful around this festive period. And I have always advised people not to chat on their phones in buses,public places or when stuck in hold ups.

You are drawing unwanted attention to yourself.

Safety tips:always keep your handbags, phones and wallets away from an outside view.

Thank God you are safe. Thieves usually meet violent ends.
You don't have a job
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by chiefojiji(m): 10:06am On Dec 16, 2016
welcome to nigeria honey....
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by nedu2000(m): 10:07am On Dec 16, 2016
Make I go try epp you make armed robber kill me? When police come dem go say I follow for the robbers come put me for 'crime fighters'. The best I can do is call the authorities....if I have their number
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 16, 2016
Imagine if motorists passing by were armed with guns, those robbers for run...let's face reality, our unemployment rate will lead to more crime, let's allow citizens bear arms.
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by lastpage: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2016
opethom:
4.3million Don loose job under APC, recession follow.... Things like this will continue until government do something... I'm not in support of this, but we have to say the truth

I laugh when you guys complain about recession! This is just "ordinary inflation" naa! grin grin

How old are you?

if you see recession, as in real recession, you will just faint.

Ask your folks who were around in 1986,87,88, when Ibrahim Babangida inflicted Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) on Nigerians.
Ask your old folks how things were, back then..... and they will just smile and tell you to "just Negodu" and thank God.

That one na real recession. That was when the Naira collapsed, Education collapsed, Morals collapsed, Human empathy collapsed, Nigeria Airways collapsed, Nepa Collapsed, all Steel plants collapsed, Banks Collapsed, Hospitals Collapsed, Universities collapsed, Humans Collapsed and EVERYTHING COLLAPSED!
People just sleep and dont wake-up anymore!

No GSM, No Internet then!

That IBB nor go die better.

Lastpage!
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by seenter84: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2016
I dont trust your driver

2 Likes

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by naijaboiy: 10:20am On Dec 16, 2016
Chosen1984:
SORRY SISTER!!!

BE A CHOSEN AND ROBBERS WILL FLEE AT YOUR PRESENCE
Dumb!

1 Like

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 16, 2016
DaBullIT:

Community policing works well, not until we have people in uniform , among all the drivers on the road , if someone had the liver to love a victim, reverse and hit one of the robbers, the others would flee

Nigerians Let us try and be there for each other , It might be your turn tomorrow
Go slow. Close quarters. If you reverse and miss you will mash her headlights/bumper. And she will blame you when the robbers start bitçh slapping you two.
In these situations the best thing would be for everyone around to step out of their cars and just walk toward them. Like the zombie apocalypse.
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by pappilo(m): 10:28am On Dec 16, 2016
http://www.dipotepede.org/2007/01/26/o%E2%80%99-death-where-is-thy-sting/

You were lucky.

A classmate was killed on the same bridge about a decade ago.
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 16, 2016
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by HomeOfMe(f): 10:29am On Dec 16, 2016
YesNo:

??
so being a christian or believing in Jesus is not enough?
so the protection of God and his angels will not be upon a person until he/she is A CHOSEN ?
BE A CHOSEN ?
just look at what you said? Please what is the difference between you and an occult person ?

so no CHOSEN was raped, robbed, killed, involved in car crash, lost money, admitted in hospital...... this year ?

Don't mind those narrow-minded people.
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 16, 2016
BoboYekini:
Go slow. Close quarters. If you reverse and miss you will mash her headlights/bumper. And she will blame you when the robbers start bitçh slapping you two.
In these situations the best thing would be for everyone around to step out of their cars and just walk toward them. Like the zombie apocalypse.
And if the robbers are with guns?
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by hardbody: 10:38am On Dec 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Damn.

Same Eko Bridge?we should be very careful around this festive period. And I have always advised people not to chat on their phones in buses,public places or when stuck in hold ups.

You are drawing unwanted attention to yourself.

Safety tips:always keep your handbags, phones and wallets away from an outside view.

Thank God you are safe. Thieves usually meet violent ends.

In addition, handbags, laptops and such other similar items are safer in the booth of the car (if you are driving a sedan). Also it may be helpful to keep a dummy phone to be handed over to the boys at short notice in the event they ask for phones. It is safer to remove gold chains and bangles and also do not wear gold wrist watches. Remove everything and put safely away in the booth of the car before leaving the office or your last hang out. Where there are three lanes (as is always the case in traffic build ups) try to remain in the middle lane. Lastly have some loose expendable cash handy so this can me handed over at short notice.

None of these measures provides a real solution but at least it could mitigate a larger loss. Always look around and be conscious of your environment.

May the Lord (or whoever we believe in) keep protecting and directing us, especially now.

1 Like

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by TRAVEL101(m): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2016
dwindling fortunes if the economy gives rise to aggressive humans and anybody that is aggressive pple tends to do d unimaginable.
pls let's show some love to anyone around us this festival season and beyond.
One love is all we need !!!!!!!!!
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by chccho(m): 10:42am On Dec 16, 2016
FlirtyKaren:
TasalaHQ CEO was robbed last night on Eko bridge. She narrates how 6 armed robbers attacked her and her driver below.

The most traumatizing thing that has EVER happened in my life happened this evening.

After an amazing day at @tfdseries , I was stuck in traffic on Eko bridge, literally 5 mins away from home. Next thing I know both the front and back windows of my car were smashed in by armed robbers. My driver was driving and I was in the back. There were 2 on each side and 2 on standby literally just grabbing everything they could from the car. My handbag and another bag.

One even grabbed my wrist as my phone was in my hand. @bsrasaki @fifidilly this was while I was chatting with you guys. It happened so fast I could not even comprehend what was going on.

My driver immediately got out of the car and told me to get in the drivers seat and drive home immediately. I was so shaken I couldn't move at first but had to snap out of it. The saddest part is that no one tried to help as my driver attempted to hold one of them down. There were so many cars and people on the road but everyone just looked on.

I thank God that we are both safe, alive and well. Everything that was lost was material and the car can be fixed. I've heard these stories before but in my 4 years of living in Nigeria, this was a first for me.

Apparently these things happen more during the festive season. Please let us all be extra careful and vigilant. These are hard times in Nigeria and people are desperate. Keep safe!! I'm just super grateful to God that we were not physically harmed. The thieves can enjoy rocking my handbag and my possessions for all I care #staysafe #Nigeria.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/12/tasalahq-robbed-eko-bridge-last-night.html
Thank God for your life and that of your driver the guy is really brave man.
It's really saddening that these things happening everyday on Lagos roads and when it happens other Nigerians just look away and act like they can't see what's happening. Pls let's learn to help in situations like these.If one or 2 other brave commuters could stand against these criminals they won't be able to successfully carry out their operations.
As for me since I can't carry a real firearm am getting my self a nice taser and keep it close by so that when u smash my screen I shock the life out of u grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by DaBullIT(m): 10:45am On Dec 16, 2016
Zombieism can be a good thing afterall !! grin grin grin grin

You are right , i didn't factor in go slow , and yes , she may react like a biatchhhh if the headlamps is smashed but at least someone would have tried to interfere , Evil only prevails when good people refuse to act
BoboYekini:
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by willibounce1(m): 10:47am On Dec 16, 2016
Nigerians are so lazy. Imagine if at least 10 men came out of their car , they would have caught one of the thieves.

I just laugh when Nigerians talk about revolution. Na only for twitter,facebook, instagram, NL them go dey make mouth.

TUFIAKWA.... the driver tried to get one of the thieves and the mumu men around could not help...
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2016
worworgirl:
And if the robbers are with guns?
They carry toy guns. In any case, who shoots zombies in a traffic jam? BUT if they do shoot, run!

1 Like

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by lukaino(m): 11:10am On Dec 16, 2016
Chosen1984:
SORRY SISTER!!!

BE A CHOSEN AND ROBBERS WILL FLEE AT YOUR PRESENCE

So was Pastor Chukwuemeka Akpokpo a Zonal Coordinator of Chosen killed by robbers at Amuwo Odofin last year not a chosen member?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by tompat86(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2016
The most difficult age for any man born in Nigeria
should be
between 24 and 29 years, the pressure to be something,
to be someone is so immense. When you look around
you everyone seems to be doing something for
themselves, people seem to be living a life you only
dream of. You have applied for jobs and the results have
been more disappointing than Yakubu Aiyegbeni goal miss at the world cup.
Sadly this is the age when most guys lose it, the age
when if not careful one is consumed by alcohol or drugs,
because the disappointments become too much and you
find alternative ways to face reality. Worse is when a few
people you studied with have been lucky enough to land
jobs, soon your circle of friends gets thinner – mostly
they don’t even cut you out but you will be real with
yourself and cut yourself off. I mean what will you do
when you are in a WhatsApp group of friends and they
are discussing about last week’s trip in Dubai and
planning another trip South Africa while you are not sure
of what your next meal would be?
Most times you follow the conversation silently, all
alone like a cross on the grave. Soon you realize this is
no longer your kind of crowd because the more you keep
around the more the pressure to be something, takes a
toll on you. You know when stories about house parties
come up and you act deaf because you don’t know
where an extra 5 guys would fit in your house. Have you
ever sat in a group of people discussing the new iPhone
on the market or how British Airways offers poo services
and you can feel your heart whisper to you “boss this is
chest pain hour, can we just go and find a group that
talks about GMAT, SHLn Dragnet, jobberman or job
vacancies sites“.
But you sit there as these people are lost in their
lifestyle conversations, you are like a secretary taking
minutes in meeting. You are totally forgotten like one of
a woman’s breasts during pre-intimacy. Once in a while
one of the friends will turn and ask if you need another
drink and you wonder if you should just say No and
head home, but head home to do what? So you
grudgingly drop in the comment “I will have just one
last one“ Lie.
But after a few years of job hunting, you are now ready
to take anything even if is to smell a rich man’s farts as
long as it pays , so you end up as an office messenger
in one blue chip company in town. To imagine that 4-5
years of studying and getting a degree is now reduced
to picking and dropping off letters and if you are not
doing that, you are being sent for cheap lunch by the
employees when they are broke and they can’t order
with fast food. This is when conversations about where
people schooled start, you go silent for it’s no longer of
any use to say you also reached University, it doesn’t
matter – you have resorted to surviving.
Once in while you will bump into your now well to do
classmates, they would offer you lunch, but not even
eating the meals at Eko Hotel or Sheraton will make you
feel better about yourself, because in your mind you
wish instead they would give you the 30k and you sort
your meals for the next 5 weeks. As it is the norm you
will have photos taken, and uploaded on Facebook, but
always it’s your face that would look the odd one out –
not even the best filters can hide a face which has
suffered the city's dust and sun but survives on boiled
beans.
The worst mistake you can do during this period is to
try and date – there is nothing that a person going
through such times can offer in terms of love. How are
you going to do evening romantic walks when you are
tired from walking delivering letters in offices around
town? What are you going to tell your lady when she
says she wants to go for relaxation at the bar, pool or
love garden sites that are in town? That your financial
religion doesn’t allow it or what? This is the age when
you sit back and watch as the ladies you would want to
date are dating or getting married to guys 10 years older
than you. And you can’t blame them – it’s only that your
life seems to be progressing slower than their goals in
life. Most of the ladies you meet during this period, if
you are lucky will be patient with you till you hit 28, and
if by then your life is still in disarray like Leicester city's performance in the EPL then my friend be
prepared for a walk out.
But then this is the age when you learn a lot of about
life, if you can hack through this stage of life the only
hard moment in your life would be when you lose your
parents - that’s if you are still lucky enough to have
them. This stage teaches you a lot about perseverance,
about appreciating the small wins you have each day, it
teaches you something about friendship, love, career
growth and personal responsibility. This is always your
rise or fall moment depending on the choices you make.
How you live your life in the 30’s is determined by how
you handled your life in this phase.
Do not Give up. Do not Be Depressed. remain focused and create a Strategy. Be consistent, you must Surely Win.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by niceface(m): 11:27am On Dec 16, 2016
I sympathize with u dear but try and get a pepper spray in ur car and bag wherever u go. It can help in such difficult situations...my one cent
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2016
lastpage:

I had my share sometimes in 2002, though l sustained a slight injury but l dumped one into the Lagoon, knifed one so bad l am not sure he will survive while the other two ran away.

Hmm. Na you o.
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:36am On Dec 16, 2016
FlirtyKaren:

My driver immediately got out of the car and told me to get in the drivers seat and drive home immediately. I was so shaken I couldn't move at first but had to snap out of it. The saddest part is that no one tried to help as my driver attempted to hold one of them down. There were so many cars and people on the road but everyone just looked on.

What could possibly go wrong?
Re: Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:41am On Dec 16, 2016
mccoy47:
Women should get stun guns for their safety!

Imagine the fate of dos robbers if she had 1 on her!

With as low as 7k u can protect yourself.

Against 6 guys. With 2 flanking you on each side?

Good luck with that.

If people try to rob you, don't do stupid sh1t.

Just hand them your stuff.

Things can always be replaced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tattooed Nigerian Man From Ghana Caught Stealing Shirt In Delta State. Photo / Hardship, Wickedness Of Neighbours Pushed Me Into Robbery, Says Suspect (photo) / Phone And Handbag Snatchers Caught In Onitsha, Punished (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.