Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

"I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady (33433 Views)

How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos / Woman Gang-Raped And Robbed Of N30,000 In Edo & Killed (Photo) / Doctor Who Slapped And Flogged A Nurse Arrested And Charged In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by IamHeWrites: 2:00am On Apr 12, 2018
A Nigerian lady identified as Daratayo has taken to her Instagram page to narrate her ordeal on how she was robbed on the Eko Bridge.

According to Dara, she was mercilessly slapped, beaten and injured in the process just because she refused to hand over her properties to the thieves.

She however blamed the Nigerian government for allowing tanker drivers park along the bridge, which consequently caused the traffic gridlock every morning and thereby giving these criminals the liberty to rob commuters without any confrontation.

Read what she wrote below;
"Today, I got robbed on Eko bridge.
Not the beginning of eko bridge, Not the end of eko bridge but RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF EKO BRIDGE!
Today I was mercilessly slapped around, harmed and beaten.
Today, a fellow human being beat me up so bad because I refused to give them what I worked so hard for.
Today, a fellow human being derived joy in stripping me of my hard earned money, bag and personal belongings.
Today, a fellow youth looked at me, considered me a prey and broke my glass windows to rob me and went batshit crazy when I won’t drop my phone or car keys.

Thank you my Nigerian government for doing nothing about the menace that these trailers on eko bridge are causing that caused so much traffic at 6.30am which allowed these miscreants to achieve their evil plans

Thank you my Nigerian government for finally making me lose hope in looking forward to a better Nigeria.

And most of all, Thank you Lagos Government and Lagos Police for lying to us about safeguarding this bridge, thereby giving us false hope that we were somehow safe.

And for those thieves, I wish upon you Zechariah 5:3, Galatians 6:7 and most of all Proverbs 3:33!! Amen! #Lagos"

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/04/i-was-mercilessly-slapped-and-robbed-on-the-eko-bridge-nigerian-lady-narrates-her-ordeal.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by tetula123(m): 5:55am On Apr 12, 2018
Beauty without brains, I still wonder why someone will try to struggle with an armed criminal, why,? is the #150000 phone or what ever you have with you better than your life.
even after reading and hearing of people who got killed as a result of struggling when being robbed. Stay there and blame the police.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by ellapius(f): 6:12am On Apr 12, 2018
Sorry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by youngberry001(m): 6:22am On Apr 12, 2018
Armed Robber's den no get joy at all,,,but thank God u stil dey breath.

2 Likes

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by BabbanBura(m): 6:23am On Apr 12, 2018
IamHeWrites:
A Nigerian lady identified as Daratayo has taken to her Instagram page to narrate her ordeal on how she was robbed on the Eko Bridge.

According to Dara, she was mercilessly slapped, beaten and injured in the process just because she refused to hand over her properties to the thieves.

She however blamed the Nigerian government for allowing tanker drivers park along the bridge, which consequently caused the traffic gridlock every morning and thereby giving these criminals the liberty to rob commuters without any confrontation.

Read what she wrote below;
"Today, I got robbed on Eko bridge.
Not the beginning of eko bridge, Not the end of eko bridge but RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF EKO BRIDGE!
Today I was mercilessly slapped around, harmed and beaten.
Today, a fellow human being beat me up so bad because I refused to give them what I worked so hard for.
Today, a fellow human being derived joy in stripping me of my hard earned money, bag and personal belongings.
Today, a fellow youth looked at me, considered me a prey and broke my glass windows to rob me and went batshit crazy when I won’t drop my phone or car keys.

Thank you my Nigerian government for doing nothing about the menace that these trailers on eko bridge are causing that caused so much traffic at 6.30am which allowed these miscreants to achieve their evil plans

Thank you my Nigerian government for finally making me lose hope in looking forward to a better Nigeria.

And most of all, Thank you Lagos Government and Lagos Police for lying to us about safeguarding this bridge, thereby giving us false hope that we were somehow safe.

And for those thieves, I wish upon you Zechariah 5:3, Galatians 6:7 and most of all Proverbs 3:33!! Amen! #Lagos"

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/04/i-was-mercilessly-slapped-and-robbed-on-the-eko-bridge-nigerian-lady-narrates-her-ordeal.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

That place is scary in the night or early momo. Nothing is more valuable than your life or health - Next never argue of fight with armed robber over your belongings except perhaps a case of rape, these material things arent just worth our lives or health.
We get Government before? Anything under FG just no too dey work. But Lagos sha is trying just that the police you mentioned na FG parade, dem no dey under Lagos.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by don4real18(m): 6:24am On Apr 12, 2018
Government no dey try

3 Likes

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by ruggedtimi(m): 7:15am On Apr 12, 2018
other motorist no care , better not to argue with any robber.

1 Like

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by Akposb(m): 7:22am On Apr 12, 2018
This is really sad and no matter how often such occurrences happen, we should not just accept it. An hungry man that robs or destroys the property or life of another needs rehab and punishment. Pity is out of consideration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by vezi4real: 7:29am On Apr 12, 2018
So sorry about that. The lord will replenish what is lost. Please do get proper medication and be more careful. u may consider using an alternate route for the time being. If u can, get someone to always ride with u. Never struggle with an armed person.
Good day.

12 Likes

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by Olalan(m): 7:37am On Apr 12, 2018
I really understand her pains losing her belongings in such manner but it was unwise for her to have struggled with the bandits. Only a madman/fool argues with a man in possession of gun

1 Like

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by Lubebay: 8:08am On Apr 12, 2018
Opinion: Our Government
Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by AgentMS:

This is Africa where people have eternal allegiance and spiritual connections to their forefathers
land. Just like Europe and Asia.
State of Residence and Place of birth can never see the light of
day, talkless of working Even Europeans have strong allegiance to their land. That is
why a Welsh is forever one and
Scottish is one and a German will not trade a grain of its soil. That
is having pride in your ancestral lineage.
Only America, Canada and Australia can have state of residence or place of birth because they are a migrant
country.
Nigeria is not a migrant country.
Likewise Africa, Europe and Asia.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by Lomprico2: 8:09am On Apr 12, 2018
Eyaa! Sorry.

Next time don't struggle with them, just give 'em what they want! You only got 1 life to live. You can replace whatever they took, even with far better one but u don't have life replacement!!

3 Likes

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:09am On Apr 12, 2018
Security should be beef more up there on the bridge.
Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by satowind(m): 8:09am On Apr 12, 2018
Before abeg slap the spirit of slay commot 4 her body. U think is Instagram where you can say I am in my house come and beat me and nothing will happen. Next time drag with them you might not have breath to even type this. I wonder what foolishness lead people to confront robbers, this life is not movie one shot or stab and Linda ikeji makes money from your news traffic. Be wish once there is life there is hope so give them and more will come...

2 Likes

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by phlame(m): 8:10am On Apr 12, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by Macgreat(m): 8:10am On Apr 12, 2018
Sorry dear
Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by dosage150(m): 8:10am On Apr 12, 2018
Thank God you were not raped
Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by Bnenzzy101: 8:10am On Apr 12, 2018
Serious robbery on oshodi bridge on Monday while it was raining heavily. Three guys were robbing motorists of the money and phone

1 Like

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by zombieTRACKER: 8:10am On Apr 12, 2018
Insecurity everywhere
Yet one malu is thinking of returning back to power instead of retirement....

Get your pvc
There is Hunger in the land
More youths are turning to crimes to survive
It's a dog eat dog country now

4 Likes

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by zombieTRACKER: 8:12am On Apr 12, 2018
Lubebay:
Opinion: Our Government
Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by AgentMS:

This is Africa where people have eternal allegiance and spiritual connections to their forefathers
land. Just like Europe and Asia.
State of Residence and Place of birth can never see the light of
day, talkless of working Even Europeans have strong allegiance to their land. That is
why a Welsh is forever one and
Scottish is one and a German will not trade a grain of its soil. That
is having pride in your ancestral lineage.
Only America, Canada and Australia can have state of residence or place of birth because they are a migrant
country.
Nigeria is not a migrant country.
Likewise Africa, Europe and Asia.

Get your PVC
And vote out Buhari

5 Likes

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:12am On Apr 12, 2018
pitiful state
Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by tspouse(m): 8:13am On Apr 12, 2018
Sorry bae
Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by castrol180(m): 8:13am On Apr 12, 2018
are you more than the person to be beaten or why are you soliloquizing? You better thank your creator for not letting your life in the hands of the men of the underworld just because of petty and worldly things which you hold in high esteem than your life...mumu thinking with her breast
Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by ifyalways(f): 8:14am On Apr 12, 2018
She is lucky she wasn't stabbed undecided

Life first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by uchman48(m): 8:16am On Apr 12, 2018
But there is a police vehicle stationed there na, abi na only the motor dem park without personnel, well aunty as long as they were not going to take your car you should have given them what they want, because if they killed you, bloggers will have twisted the story with a graphic picture of a bullet in your head.

2 Likes

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by toye440: 8:16am On Apr 12, 2018
tetula123:
Beauty without brains, I still wonder why someone will try to struggle with an armed criminal, why,? is the #150000 phone or what ever you have with you better than your life.
even after reading and hearing of people who got killed as a result of struggling when being robbed. Stay there and blame the police.
u probably liv with ur parents so u dont know d pains of hustling. These miscreants r without guns so r u just going to give up ur stuff without a fight. My God u better fight for ur right. i dont care how old i am but i will fight, if i hv to bite ur nose, kick u use anything i would fight back for my stuff.

7 Likes

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by eluquenson(m): 8:16am On Apr 12, 2018
Eko bridge has been the easiest on the road robbery for a very long time, i think Gov Ambode needs to deploy RRS pin down there.
Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by omocalabar(m): 8:16am On Apr 12, 2018
For the fact that u are still alive to type this message, govt is working...Eko oni baje

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady by KingAfo(m): 8:17am On Apr 12, 2018
Never display your bag or any valuables... can’t your bag be in the boot.
You see ladies in Lagos making calls with their iPhones while driving in crime prone areas.
LEARNERS!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Stabs Own 8-month-old Baby In Ebonyi (graphic Pic) / Suicidal Man Prevented From Plunging Into The Lagoon In Leki, Lagos / Army Arrests Man For Impersonating A Navy Commodore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.