Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Suggest Ideas Or Bills On How To Move Your Businesses And The Economy Forward - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Suggest Ideas Or Bills On How To Move Your Businesses And The Economy Forward (420 Views)

Why You Need To Leave Every Other Businesses And Start Affiliate Marketing Now. / CBN Crashes Treasury Bills Rates To Single Digits / Do You Want New Business Ideas? -or A Business Plan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suggest Ideas Or Bills On How To Move Your Businesses And The Economy Forward by Venerable612(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2016
Recently, I have come to realize the power of the social media and the change it can effect. I think we the next generation leaders of this country need to have a say in the type of future we would inherit and pass to our children.

May be we havent realized the problem. Permit me to restate the underlying problem.

Problem?
Irrespective of recent news in the federal reserves...the Nigerian Economy is too unstable...to say the least, and the Market, particularly foreign investors, dont like unpredictability.

The federal government and the CLUELESS, Senate and HoR... Are not chunning out good economic policies and regulations that encourages investments. The Naira is on a free-fall and I dont even believe all this tabloid news on increasing federal reserves.

Most of our graduates are unemployable as we know next to nothing about how businesses can run and stay competitive in the highly advanced modern world.

Lack of a stable electricity and security makes it difficult and expensive for companies to run effectively and maintain cashflow.

Crux?
I am not an economist neither am a business analyst; I am only a law student. Still, I know that no economy will grow, and indeed neither will foreign companies be attracted, to a society where

1.There is no sound regulatory system to regulate the formulation and running of businesses: even Barbing Saloon, food sellers, drug sellers etc should be regulated. They have to meet international hygeine standards if our country will ever grow.

2. Where there is no good/fair Judicial system to ensure parties get adequate redresses in cases of breach or contractual disputes

3. Where the pool of talents to hire is minimal due to the porous and jack of all trade system adopted by our education policy makers

What to do?
Many things are wrong with the country... But first... I think we need to look inward and suggest to the government or parliament what bills or ideas we think they can legislate on to improve our various business and the economy.

Personally;
I think they should overhaul our electoral system. Its high time we increase threshold for parliamentary positions to Degree holders and a minimum of 10 years experience of working professionally.

The earlier the better. No nation can be better than the laws and policies it implements.

Hopefully, someone in the government will be reading this and who knows...they might get one or two ideas from us.

Thanks,
Psalm.

(1) (Reply)

Invest With 1k In This Lucrative Business And Be Ur Own Man B4 January / Need A Committed Business Partner In Port Harcourt (phones And Laptop Sale) / Advertise Your Business In Nigeria With Articles On Articlepost.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.