Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,286 members, 7,957,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:38 PM

Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? (692 Views)

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? / Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by r231(m): 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2009
By GIDEON OPARINDE
Sunday, November 15, 2009

Yinka is a banker while his wife, Funsho, is a journalist. By virtue of their jobs, the two of them close late . They’ve been married happily for two years before trouble reared its head in their home. That was when the children started coming. Yinka suddenly realized that his wife must come back home early to take care of their two children as their housemaid has given notice of her leaving at the end of the month.

The pressure is on Funsho at home and her office as her editor is always on her neck to deliver. Now the bombshell Yinka wants her to quit her lucrative job, and by implication, her budding career to take care of her children. This is a job that took her several years of job-hunting to secure. She was not sure the job would be waiting for her when she decides to return. She is at a crossroads.

Many men are asking their wives to quit their jobs to take care of the children and for other reasons that range from perceived infidelity at the office and health grounds. If you were in this situation, what would you choose? Your home or your job?
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by posakosa(m): 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2009
If the person be MILLIONAIRE and can afford my lifestyle---- certainly, will gladly stay home.

I want N100,000 in my account every month angry angry angry
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by r231(m): 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2009
^^^^^pere
o ti e le lol
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by posakosa(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2009
yea---- lol. thats the pocket money na---plus, weekends in London, Rent paid for, Money for food and clothes, then my 100k, just wake, sleep, and spend---i live a simple life so its good enough.
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by iice(f): 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2009
Chaiii. . .what about part time? Though if there is a solid reason, i suppose i could. Just hopefully not for too long
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 15, 2009
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by debosky(m): 7:08pm On Nov 15, 2009
It's a tough thing to do, but it shouldn't be permanently - we know things can change easily and a well off husband can develop financial problems without warning.

As always, couples should discuss matters like these before even getting married, or at least quite some time before the decision is made.

if my wife is bringing in the cheddar, I'll gladly stay home and look after the kids - I love changing nappies and giving rides on my back. grin
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by coolier(f): 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2009
Yes.
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by Fhemmmy: 1:54am On Nov 16, 2009
Nothing can make me to quit my job, as long as i know i am not doing anything wrong.
But if i have always look for how to quit and she wants me to quit and face biz 100%, i surely would.
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by Outstrip(f): 2:05am On Nov 16, 2009
She is a career woman. She will resent him eventually. I would suggest that they both plan it so she can start some sort of business if she is open to it. She can build that around the children and be available for them when needed. I think that is a better compromise
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by Fhemmmy: 2:16am On Nov 16, 2009
^^^ so what do yu think will happen to the man, if the biz doesnt go the way it shd.
It is always better to allow someone to make her decision, u cld help oh, but dont force it
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by olukemih: 3:14am On Nov 19, 2009
Hi,

I can say it is difficult but we make sacrifice most times

I was in similar situation about this time last year

Well i had to quit but thanks to internet marketing

I still make my own money.

Just take stock of your life and set priority

Cheers
Re: Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? by Fhemmmy: 3:19am On Nov 19, 2009
great advice from Kemi

(1) (Reply)

Policeman Murders Two Innocent Kids In Ibadan Hospital / Beware Of House Wolves! / Winningmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.