Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Dehumanizing Experience Of A House Manager(maid)in The Hands Of A Pastor's Wife - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dehumanizing Experience Of A House Manager(maid)in The Hands Of A Pastor's Wife (647 Views)

Photo Of A Disable Man Plastering A House / "Boss' Wife Told Me To Send Their Maid Out. Boss To Sack Me If I Can't" - Man / Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dehumanizing Experience Of A House Manager(maid)in The Hands Of A Pastor's Wife by Enaburekhanjosh(m): 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
A very close friend of mine who I respect so much, because of his passion for the things of God, his love for promoting the praise and worship department of the body of Christ contacted me and told me how his Senior pastor's wife maltreats her house maid(who is 29 yes old) in silent, to the extent of making the maid go naked and use pepper to torture her.
At first I thought it was funny, because how can a 29 years woman endure such dehumanizing situations, and then I thought again, perhaps she has be brainwashed from a tender age that such treatment is a way to prevent a child from not getting "spoilt" or perhaps she was picked up by the pastor's family at a tender age from a poor and hungry parent who could not afford feeding and school fees and therefore she sees the family(pastor) as her saviour without whom she could amount to nothing. (I'm sure most of us can relate to this situation)
But what are the Consequences of treating your maid badly?
We have seen and read about how maids pour out their frustration and pains on the children of their principals, poison the whole family and even setting ablaze the whole house...but really who is to blame, remember the 'cause' and 'effect' principle. There is no effect without a cause.
How can you treat someone in charge of your home badly?
How can you treat someone who takes care of your kids badly?
How can you treat someone who handles your daily feeding with so much disdain?
And to imaging that it is coming from a pastor's wife in a popular reputable church in our generation is alarming.
We see our pastors and their families as role models, people we look and walk up to for guidance when we feel lost, how can such treatment be coming from such an exalted position
Please I'm using this medium to call on the world, Nigerians, the General overseer of the Redeemed Christian church of God, and The city of God parish Redeemed(festac town), Area 11, 5th avenue close, Amuwo odifin LGA, to call Mrs Funke Dotunde to order, to stop this dehumanizing and criminal act against her naive maid.
The only reason I'm not taking this issue to the appropriate authority (government) is because she is not a minor, but even at that we should not sit quiet and watch evil prevail, If Mrs Funke can do this to a 29 years old woman, imaging what she could do to a small child left in her care.
Please never remain quiet whenever and wherever you see evil, because the only reason evil triumphs is because good people remain silent.
Pls share, until the right people see this. Enabs Josh

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Change Of Name - How To / The Ultimate Advice For Every 20 Year Old And Fresh Graduates / Are There Really Jobs In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.