Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Ice Prince Vs Phyno: "Jos 2 The World" OR "The Playmaker” , Which Is Better? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ice Prince Vs Phyno: "Jos 2 The World" OR "The Playmaker” , Which Is Better? (956 Views)

Hushpuppi Vs Phyno, Singer Kcee Fired Hushpuppi And Call On Efcc's Attention / Pia Mia vs Phyno; The True Story About The Controversial ‘i’m A Fan’ Song / Download Album: Phyno – The Playmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ice Prince Vs Phyno: "Jos 2 The World" OR "The Playmaker” , Which Is Better? by Paulchris(m): 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2016
This year has been a busy year for many of our artistes as almost everyone of them released an album this year. Amongst the many artistes that released an album this year include these two talented rappers; Ice Prince and Phyno

Re: Ice Prince Vs Phyno: "Jos 2 The World" OR "The Playmaker” , Which Is Better? by Paulchris(m): 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
Ice Prince released his 3rd studio album “Jos To The World” on the 28th of October, 2016 and even though it got a lot of hype leading to the album launch, I can categorically say it lived up to the hype and expectation. Ice Prince has evolved just the way 2face has matured from releasing songs and albums to please people but instead he focuses more on releasing good music of international standard. Looking at Ice Prince’s career, it is evident that he has come a long way with different life experiences and challenges. He pours his heart out into this album as he talks about different topics that an attentive listener would grab one or two things to learn from.

I took my time to listen to the entire album and I am very impressed with what I heard. Obviously the the boy has grown. He played around with his rhymes and was creative with his melodious approach he put into every song. Of cause he didn’t rap all through instead he showed his dexterity as he gave us a bit of his singing side. Songs like “Play List” ft. Yung L, “Trillions” ft. Phyno, “Brokelyn” ft. Dice Ailes, “Boss“, “No Mind Them” ft. Vannesa Mdee, “Run With You” ft. Yemi Alade and “Want It All” ft. Krept & Konan are all brilliant songs from the album. Every other song I was able to connect to it in different ways

Re: Ice Prince Vs Phyno: "Jos 2 The World" OR "The Playmaker” , Which Is Better? by Paulchris(m): 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2016
Phyno has been able to a create a niche for himself that has made him a mini god kind of, because yes there are now some few igbo rappers who are repping their region but non have been able to come close to what he has done with promoting the igbo language not just in Nigeria but to the world. Phyno is the rap opposite to Flavour who sings with his local dialect (Igbo). So when he announced the release of his debut album “The Playmaker” almost everybody couldn’t wait for it to be out because of what he did with his “No Guts No Glory” album in 2014.

Phyno is a talented fellow who you can’t predict what next to expect from him. He has gone from releasing hardcore rap to singing and he does it so well. This new album is a combination of both, but he did more of rapping. His rap dexterity comes to play in the album and the way he easily switches from Igbo to English is just so cool. The Playmaker is an album for everybody both old and young. The album speaks to different people in different ways. He’s got something for everyone with features from top artistes like 2Baba, Burna Boy, Flavour, Zoro and most especially Onyeka Onwenu on the track Ochie Dike (Mama) which is a tribute to all mothers. Some very good song from the album includes “Abulo“, “Financial Woman” ft. PSquare, “E Sure For Me“, “Okpeke“, “Pino Pino“, “Ochie Dike”, “Ezege“, “Connect“ and “Obiagu”. The album is a classic, coming from a music pundit. If you haven’t listened to it, you need to grab a copy of the album and I can assure you, you won’t regret doing so

Re: Ice Prince Vs Phyno: "Jos 2 The World" OR "The Playmaker” , Which Is Better? by Paulchris(m): 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2016
Back to the initial question of writing this article. Between Ice Prince’s (Jos To The World) and Phyno’s (The Playmaker) album which would you rather buy if you are entitled to get just one.

From my own point of views they are both very good albums with a lot of hardwork, time and creativity put into producing them but I’m sure we have our favourites if you’ve listened to one or two songs off the albums. Which Album Is Really Worth Buying? “Jos To The World” by Ice Prince or “The Playmaker”.
Re: Ice Prince Vs Phyno: "Jos 2 The World" OR "The Playmaker” , Which Is Better? by Chikelue2000(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
Phyno fino, anyday, any time

D play maker
Re: Ice Prince Vs Phyno: "Jos 2 The World" OR "The Playmaker” , Which Is Better? by Peritus(m): 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
That "Best Rapper" track by Phyno is beyond this planet.
Re: Ice Prince Vs Phyno: "Jos 2 The World" OR "The Playmaker” , Which Is Better? by regirich(m): 10:16am On Dec 17, 2016
Ezege all the way...
Re: Ice Prince Vs Phyno: "Jos 2 The World" OR "The Playmaker” , Which Is Better? by Bashnigga(m): 10:43am On Dec 17, 2016
Playmaker 8/10 J2TW 5/10

(1) (Reply)

10 Runtown Songs That Are Better Than "Mad Over You" / What Music Did You Download As A Waste Of MB??? / Mr. P – Look Into My Eyes [Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.