Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business (1924 Views)

Short Term Returns On Vegetable Farming. / Help Needed On Starting Vegetable Farming / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by McTobe(m): 4:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by alakara(m): 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
if u have the passion.
Why not try ewedu,solo, tete ,water leaf and ugu you talk about this dry season.
Thank me later.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by McTobe(m): 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
alakara:
if u have the passion.
Why not try ewedu,solo, tete ,water leaf and ugu you talk about this dry season.
Thank me later.
I am in the eastern part of the country am not so familiar with those first three crops or veg you mentioned, moreover I have to plant what can be easily sold in this part of the country
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by Ebiragirl(f): 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
Bros:

So you want to give up your dream because of one Girl. If a woman can give up you because you are struggling to better your life then she's not the right person for you.

About those talking about your dream... Hmm do what you gotta do and see you will thank your self later for the courage to still leave your life the way you want..

Go into Farming and make it Big this dry season.....

Don't forget to visit my blog where I teach Agriculture and Real Estate www.realestogram.com always care...

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by Pavore9: 9:54pm On Dec 16, 2016
McTobe:
I am in the eastern part of the country am not so familiar with those first three crops or veg you mentioned, moreover I have to plant what can be easily sold in this part of the country

Since you are in the Eastern part, l know those veggies he mentioned are not high in demand there. Where exactly in the East are you?
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by McTobe(m): 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2016
Pavore9:

Since you are in the Eastern part, l know those veggies he mentioned are not high in demand there. Where exactly in the East are you?
Imo state
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by Emempaul(m): 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2016
McTobe:
Imo state
go for Ugwu
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by McTobe(m): 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2016
Ebiragirl:
Bros:

So you want to give up your dream because of one Girl. If a woman can give up you because you are struggling to better your life then she's not the right person for you.

About those talking about your dream... Hmm do what you gotta do and see you will thank your self later for the courage to still leave your life the way you want..

Don't forget to visit my blog where I teach Agriculture and Real Estate www.realestogram.com always care...
thank you for the encouragement. Its only in moments like this that our courage is put to test, funny enough I thought I am a very couragous person until lately. I just realize that many of us can talk about many things in theory but in practice it doesn't come so easy. Thank you again
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by Pavore9: 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
McTobe:
Imo state

Going into ugu makes no sense. I will suggest you go into crops like lettuce, cucumber, capsicum (bell pepper) as they are Short- cycle crops and attracts good market price. I just don't know where around there you can go understudy what it entails.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by McTobe(m): 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
Ebiragirl:
Bros:

I visited your blog I think it is so educative with respect to Agriculture. I will be a regular there & maybe with time establish contact with you if you don't mind.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by McTobe(m): 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2016
Emempaul:

go for Ugwu
. I am already test running Ugwu in almost a plot of land & have gotten another plot for any other crop.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by McTobe(m): 11:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
Pavore9:

Going into ugu makes no sense. I will suggest you go into crops like lettuce, cucumber, capsicum (bell pepper) as they are Short- cycle crops and attracts good market price. I just don't know where around there you can go understudy what it entails.
Lettuce I know, cucumber will be best in a land that is fenced or they will steal everything suffered for. But I have not tested the market neither do I know much about it. How do I proceed then?
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by lanre2009: 1:15am On Dec 17, 2016
Please can you explain why you said going into 'ugwu makes no sense'

Pavore9:

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by Pavore9: 1:32am On Dec 17, 2016
lanre2009:
Please can you explain why you said going into 'ugwu makes no sense'

He is in my home state where the cultivation is common and market women are likely to frustrate with him with exploitive prices, he gains more if he grows what is being "imported" into the state.Just as for me l consider it as burning of time and energy going into cassava farming in that area because l can achieve more with the same time l will be waiting on the cassava.

I am contemplating doing a strawberry pilot project there and if all goes well, we will have our first harvest of strawberries within 5 months.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by Arvinkris(m): 6:46am On Dec 17, 2016
Get ur self trained. Then try ugu, cucumber, watermelon on small scale n lodge in on a large scale after you must ve under study the market. I'm on the same route with u. Getting a large piece of land-acre- in imo state at a affordable price is not easy
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by Arvinkris(m): 6:52am On Dec 17, 2016
@pavore9 are u in imo state now? I ve not seen the market for lettuce here in imo state. Ppl prefer cabbage to lettuce for their salads
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by alakara(m): 7:13am On Dec 17, 2016
McTobe:
you plant what u have market for.

Thanks.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by Pavore9: 8:15am On Dec 17, 2016
Arvinkris:
@pavore9 are u in imo state now? I ve not seen the market for lettuce here in imo state. Ppl prefer cabbage to lettuce for their salads

Lettuce and cabbage are only just two of the veggies used in Salad preparation. With the hotels littering there in Owerri, there is market.

Cabbage will do well there because there are varieties suitable for our area but our minds are fixed on the conviction that it must come from the North! angry
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by McTobe(m): 10:34am On Dec 18, 2016
Thanks for your contributions good people. Lettuce is good but is not in high demand. Ugwu is good but its everywhere but one can still cut his own piece of the action by way of profit. Strawberry is splendid but I have not seen a strawberry farm before anywhere down east. Pls @All feel free to bring up more suggestions
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by phillings247: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
pls where and how can one sell ewedu in lagos.i want to go into it?
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by Arvinkris(m): 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2016
Go to major markets around ur area like mile 12 n the likes
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by Ebiragirl(f): 10:28am On Dec 19, 2016
McTobe:
I visited your blog I think it is so educative with respect to Agriculture. I will be a regular there & maybe with time establish contact with you if you don't mind.

No problem
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business by FKBZ: 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
McTobe:
thank you for the encouragement. Its only in moments like this that our courage is put to test, funny enough I thought I am a very couragous person until lately. I just realize that many of us can talk about many things in theory but in practice it doesn't come so easy. Thank you again

I love this quote, you think it's easy with all your wide dreams.
But starting it one comes into realisation that's it's not a child's play

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Farmers In The House Please Share Your Experience With GNLD Super Gro Fertilizer / Wheat Offal Supplier In Ibadan Needed / Lake chad Sweet Dry Catfish In Cartons. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.