Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,323 members, 7,957,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

Kanu's Accent - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu's Accent (2079 Views)

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today! / Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos / Why Are We Shedding Tears For Yekini? – Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu's Accent by Knight1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2009
Before i start, lemme state that am a big fan of eagles captain. But the guy's spent at least 13 yrs in europe and his accent is not comparable with even mikel that went yesterday e.g Peak ad. 'i was ditameaned to never gifup' =i was determined to never give up'
What can cause that kin tin?
Re: Kanu's Accent by stanleymail03(m): 9:03pm On Nov 15, 2009
Oh men you get time to take note of his accent.
Re: Kanu's Accent by vikiviko(m): 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2009
Oh boy no go there at all.

wetin be accent ?

the man is happy u are talking of accent what change will it make in his illustrious career, leave matter for mathias.

Lets be real we worry about trivial things Chelsea's coach Carlo Ancelloti can't speak English language you thinks he worries or the players complain, no they don't.
Re: Kanu's Accent by Krayola(m): 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2009
Knight1:

Before i start, lemme state that am a big fan of eagles captain. But the guy's spent at least 13 yrs in europe and his accent is not comparable with even mikel that went yesterday e.g Peak ad. 'i was ditameaned to never gifup' =i was determined to never give up'
What can cause that kin tin?

haha. . No allow inferiority complex injure you for nothing. When french man speak english with french accent you go call am "exotic", when African man speak english with African accent you go call am "razz'. E be like like say na u get the problem. Kanu has worked hard and is laughing to the bank. . .the rest na gossip and u be expert for that one  grin shior!!
Re: Kanu's Accent by chidyke77(m): 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2009
@poster wetin concern u wt dat?
Re: Kanu's Accent by bawomolo(m): 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2009
i bet kanu nwankwo as a millionaire is definitely concerned about how an accent is wrecking havoc on his livelihood.
Re: Kanu's Accent by chiogo(f): 11:40pm On Nov 15, 2009
Krayola:

haha. . No allow inferiority complex injure you for nothing. When french man speak english with french accent you go call am "exotic", when African man speak english with African accent you go call am "razz'. E be like like say na u get the problem. Kanu has worked hard and is laughing to the bank. . .the rest na gossip and u be expert for that one  grin shior!!
Seriously ooo. I don't get this mentality. Why should his accent change because he's spent time in Europe. WTF? Only Africans do this, Americans will go to Nigeria and not try to learn the country's accent rather Nigerians will be conforming to their foreign accent instead of it being the other way round. This inferiority complex is just retarded. No wonder Africa is not moving forward, I pity this poster.  angry tongue
Re: Kanu's Accent by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 15, 2009
There was this joke about Nigerians being the only people capable of just flying over the USA and/or Europe by plane and picking up the accent.
Re: Kanu's Accent by Sagamite(m): 1:21am On Nov 16, 2009
What a stupid, degenerate brain.

So what is wrong with a Nigerian accent.
Re: Kanu's Accent by Dclique(m): 2:20am On Nov 16, 2009
Once again another funny thread. This should go to jokes
Re: Kanu's Accent by chidichris(m): 2:23am On Nov 16, 2009
@idiot,
are u a student of oxford university? be reminded that we are no longer in the days of speaking and writing english alone you have to speak and make some financial ability.
please be frank, will you choose to speak queen's english without money over having enough money and not knowing english.
the mikel you mentioned was in a south african school sometime before proceeding to europe.
pls look for another topic or be a good listener.
Re: Kanu's Accent by Damoche10: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2009
That guy u c is loaded. Which money u get. e be like say u no get work,

Kanu, abeg this guy is jobles o, u get house wey u wan clean make u take give am contract?
@Poster u stupid no be small!
Re: Kanu's Accent by semid(m): 11:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
Another silly thread on Nairaland.
Re: Kanu's Accent by mamagee3(f): 1:53am On Nov 17, 2009
Damoche10:

That guy u c is loaded. Which money u get. e be like say u no get work,

Kanu, abeg this guy is jobles o, u get house wey u wan clean make u take give am contract?
@Poster u stupid no be small!

GBAM! grin grin
Re: Kanu's Accent by yousouph(m): 5:37am On Nov 17, 2009
The poster just type what comes to his mind. Guess he's regretting it now embarassed. Money is talking.
Re: Kanu's Accent by FBS: 10:24am On Nov 17, 2009
Re: Kanu's Accent by Knight1(m): 9:42am On Nov 18, 2009
You guys are getting me wrong. Nothing wrong with nigerian accent if you are speaking right phonetic grammar. But when u still pronouncing V as F, then there is an issue

PS. I DON'T HAVE ANY INFERIORITY COMPLEX COS I SPEAK IMPECCABLE ENGLISH WITH MY NATURAL ACCENT!!!
Re: Kanu's Accent by koolchicco: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2009
Knight1:

You guys are getting me wrong. Nothing wrong with nigerian accent if you are speaking right phonetic grammar. But when u still pronouncing V as F, then there is an issue

PS. I DON'T HAVE ANY INFERIORITY COMPLEX COS I SPEAK IMPECCABLE ENGLISH WITH MY NATURAL ACCENT!!!

. . .Then make a youtube clip of urself (accent) and lets compare it with Kanu's. . tongue
Re: Kanu's Accent by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2009
There is something called "Interference of The Mother Tongue"

It is more dominant in some people
Re: Kanu's Accent by nazzyon(m): 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2009
Part of the problem brought upon us by the colonist.

If Nigerian's stick to our mother tongue non of these would have happened. Papa na interpreter go dey make him money.
Re: Kanu's Accent by chidichris(m): 9:20am On Nov 19, 2009
@poster,
i know u will end up bringing shame to yourself and ur family.
u talk about accent when kanu is employing the best of hands in managing what he has gathered in life.
Re: Kanu's Accent by meexteriox(m): 11:01am On Nov 19, 2009
@Poster
Kanu is smiling to the bank weekly with loads of dough while you rotting away in the vehicle bound for stupidville.

Accent ko, accent ni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Kanu's Accent by oYaTo(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
meexteriox:

Kanu is smiling to the bank weekly with loads of dough while you rotting away in the vehicle bound for stupidville.

grin
Re: Kanu's Accent by surveyProf(m): 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2009
@Poster~u are here talking abt Kanu's accent, and Kanu is making it big, big, smiling to d bank.
Re: Kanu's Accent by Knight1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2009
@chidichris
a lot of nairalander's are insultive, i get that, but for ppl to exhibit their lack of etiquette, lack of morals, and faulty upbringing , thats a serious prob.
I merely expressed that someones english should have been more polished than it is without any malice so i don't get how its your biz!!!!
I have not and will never bring shame to my family, though clearly for you, thats a pastime( for which you can't be blamed since it appears you got a terrible background)
plus money aint everything, since you seem to lack the knowledge of that too!!!!
Re: Kanu's Accent by AndreUweh(m): 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2009
vikiviko:

Oh boy no go there at all.

wetin be accent ?

the man is happy u are talking of accent what change will it make in his illustrious career, leave matter for mathias.

Lets be real we worry about trivial things Chelsea's coach Carlo Ancelloti can't speak English language you thinks he worries or the players complain, no they don't.
C.A speaks English. He started attending English classes 3 months before he became Chelsea manager. His English has improved a lot since then.

Re: Kanu's Accent by snowdrops(m): 10:15pm On Nov 19, 2009
typical ibo man
Re: Kanu's Accent by denzel2009: 11:21pm On Nov 19, 2009
I can relate with the poster a little, there are somethings Kanu shd have dropped by now irrespective of how wealthy he is.

Pls lets not stoop low to be insultive, its just an opinion he wanted to share.

Anyway, I still love my naija accent wink
Re: Kanu's Accent by Sagamite(m): 12:12am On Nov 20, 2009
denzel2009:

I can relate with the poster a little, there are somethings Kanu shd have dropped by now irrespective of how wealthy he is.

Like what and why?
Re: Kanu's Accent by mamagee3(f): 3:33am On Nov 20, 2009
meexteriox:

@Poster

Accent ko, accent ni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Dies* grin grin grin grin
Re: Kanu's Accent by chiogo(f): 5:45am On Nov 20, 2009
Knight1:

It wouldn't be inferiority complex if you hadn't brought the "staying in Europe for over 13 years" comment into it. You implicitly said that because he's lived in Europe, he should sound better, which also infers that the Nigerian accent he had pre- and post- living in Europe sounds bad.

That's what it sounded like. undecided
Re: Kanu's Accent by IYANGBALI: 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
The truth must be told kanu,s english accent is bad no matter how rich he is he should go and learn from his broda mikel obi who went there just yesterday some people are just lazy when it comes to learning.Kanu is a disappontment in that area

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News-tonight's Friendly Nigeria Vs Ghana @ Watford Has Been Called Off / Futa Radio 93.1fm Akure / Football Match: INDIA 99-1 NIGERIA (rumor Or Fact?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.