Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos (7641 Views)

Enyeama Receives FIFA Honorary Award / Ogenyi Onazi Buying Akara In Jos (photo) / Enyeama Deserves A Honorary Award From The President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by sportvibes: 5:14pm On May 09, 2012
The Vice Chancellor of the University of Jos, Professor Hayward Mafuyai, has revealed during a pre-convocation press briefing that the tertiary institution will honour ex- Nigerian international and Eagles Captain, Nwankwo Kanu, with a Master of Arts Degree [honorary] for his achievements in the field of football and philanthropy.

Prof. Mafuyai said the University’s Senate unanimously approved the conferment of the honorary degree on Nwankwo Kanu, whom he described as a deserving Nigerian and the most decorated African footballer.
The event is scheduled to take place on the 12th of May.
”This is in recognition, not only of his outstanding achievements in the field of sports, but also for his exemplary contribution towards the rehabilitation of many indigent Nigerian children with debilitating heart conditions through his Kanu Heart Foundation. This has enabled many of them to recover and return to pursue their education”, Professor Mafuyai said.
Professor Mafuyai said the award was to honour a youth who has striven to be exemplary as a footballer and became even more exemplary with the heart foundation which had offered treatment to many who would not have been able to afford the treatment.
He said the university was focusing on the youth because “we have not done enough to honor our own young men and women”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/kanu-bags-unijos-honorary-masters-degree/
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by shadrach77: 4:03pm On May 10, 2012
he deserves it as Africa's most decorated player. Congrats Papilo smiley wink grin
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Ibadiarann(m): 4:06pm On May 10, 2012
Well justified, at least for once.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Ogbajie(m): 4:09pm On May 10, 2012
there is nothing like honorary masters degree.....the Nigerian Education system does not support that. the National Universities Commission has moved to stop that gesture by Unijos....

1 Like

Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by jikjimmy: 4:09pm On May 10, 2012
Hmmmm! Where 're we even heading to in this country? It's no more honorary doctorate degree but now masters degree and before you know it,it will come down to honorary degrees and even SSCE or WAEC for those who never saw the four corner of a class room.May God help us in this country

1 Like

Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by smile4kenn(m): 4:10pm On May 10, 2012
He is Nigeria's most decorated and not Africa's most.

anyway.. well deserved
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by ZUBY77(m): 4:14pm On May 10, 2012
I am Igbo, core Igbo for that matter but i dont buy into this degree shit. Kanu should go back to school before he can get that. You cant just win an olympic medal and equal all my years at the university. Crap, new crap method. Who knows the next person, Yekini from the grave.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Okijajuju1(m): 4:16pm On May 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I am Igbo, core Igbo for that matter but i dont buy into this degree shit. Kanu should go back to school before he can get that. You cant just win an olympic medal and equal all my years at the university. Crap, new crap method. Who knows the next person, Yekini from the grave.

Na me send you go school?!

Where were you when your mates were busy making this country proud at Atlanta?!

He deserves it... Next is a doctorate of football technology.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Kuulnomsy(m): 4:20pm On May 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I am Igbo, core Igbo for that matter but i dont buy into this degree shit. Kanu should go back to school before he can get that. You cant just win an olympic medal and equal all my years at the university. Crap, new crap method. Who knows the next person, Yekini from the grave.
Hater Hater Hater, Deceiver Deceiver Deceiver,Ediot Ediot Ediot, Common go and masturb.ate Anu ofia tongue
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Kuulnomsy(m): 4:21pm On May 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I am Igbo, core Igbo shocked shocked for that matter but i dont buy into this degree shit. Kanu should go back to school before he can get that. You cant just win an olympic medal and equal all my years at the university. Crap, new crap method. Who knows the next person, Yekini from the grave.
Hater Hater Hater, Deceiver Deceiver Deceiver,Ediot Ediot Ediot, Common go and masturb.ate Anu ofia tongue

1 Like

Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by manny4life(m): 4:28pm On May 10, 2012

Now people would wonder why their education is wasted, DID YOU READ THE TITLE? undecided undecided undecided The title clearly says, HONORARY DEGREE - for the sake of honor whereby a university waives usual requirement such as matriculation, examinations etc and bestows upon a "distinguished person(s)" for their outstanding contribution in their field or society/public in general. I won't go into details but you get the idea.

If Yekini deserves such outstanding honor, then YES he will have a "Post Humous" honorary degree.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by bibina: 4:37pm On May 10, 2012
even people wey no go school dey claim say dem suffer for school! pooh.....Kanu deserves to be honoured
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by livapul86(m): 4:39pm On May 10, 2012
manny4life:

Now people would wonder why their education is wasted, DID YOU READ THE TITLE? undecided undecided undecided The title clearly says, HONORARY DEGREE - for the sake of honor whereby a university waives usual requirement such as matriculation, examinations etc and bestows upon a "distinguished person(s)" for their outstanding contribution in their field or society/public in general. I won't go into details but you get the idea.

If Yekini deserves such outstanding honor, then YES he will have a "Post Humous" honorary degree.
Lol...........Nna e di Brutal!!!
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by ajanaku2(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2012
What was His Thesis on? grin grin grin...just joking!...I think Kanu deserves more than an honorary Master's Degree...I think He's worth being an honorary Doctorate Degree Holder and a Nigerian National Award Recipient...That Guy has contributed a lot in bringing Glory and Honor to this highly flawed Country of Ours...Congratulations, King Kanu! O le nu jooo!
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 10, 2012

Nwokem, e bu anuofia of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 10, 2012
Idiot! Na even third class u carry commot from school. Oloshe.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by ajanaku2(m): 4:50pm On May 10, 2012

You are a Vegetable!...If e pain you too much, travel go Europe go join one football Club. What's so special about going to a University and acquiring a lot of degrees with very little to show for it in terms of achievements...I'm sure you are aware that Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates are University Drop-outs!
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Kuulnomsy(m): 4:57pm On May 10, 2012
ajanaku2:

You are a Vegetable!...If e pain you too much, travel go Europe go join one football Club. What's so special about going to a University and acquiring a lot of degrees with very little to show for it in terms of achievements...I'm sure you are aware that Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates are University Drop-outs!
Please tell the moro.n angry angry, Monkey him no chop, kpomo him no see chop and him wan beef Kanu angry angry angry
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 10, 2012
Kanu aint the most decorated african player...etoo z..congrats to kanu...he z truly a son of d soil

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fantasy Football League Chat Room / Wasere.com The New Betting... / PHOTO: Top 5 Highest Paid Players In Nigerian Football League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.