Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages (5400 Views)

Best Way To Prevent Water From Sipping Into Your Building Through The Floors / Landlord Puts Barb Wire Around His Balcony To Prevent Neighbors From Sitting / List Of Precautions You Should Take Before Purchasing Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by Cool: 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
Good day everyone.

Kindly advice on the precautions to be taken when building a wet room (shower room) in a house.
In the house I live currently, the wet room soaks the wall of the room directly below the wet room on the lower floor.

Please advise on how to properly construct a wet room to prevent such leakage and how to rectify this current situation.

Thank you.
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by martineverest(m): 6:53am On Dec 17, 2016
the best thing to do is to meet xperts
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by Mubarak55(m): 6:53am On Dec 17, 2016
Hmm OK
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by Drsheddy(m): 6:55am On Dec 17, 2016
Kk
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by Hurlstarling: 6:55am On Dec 17, 2016
Check my signature for others.
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by seunlly(m): 6:55am On Dec 17, 2016
Plumbers in the aos over to you.
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by opethom(m): 6:56am On Dec 17, 2016
i don't even understand
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by ngoben(f): 6:57am On Dec 17, 2016
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by martinlooter(m): 6:58am On Dec 17, 2016
How is this even on front-page? Mtcheeeeew
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by vickynwamma2015(m): 7:00am On Dec 17, 2016
FTC, it is well. All you need to avoid that is a. Professional plumber aand not a quack.
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by peculiar3(m): 7:00am On Dec 17, 2016
hope you can pay for my professional advice quality advice don't come cheap grin grin grin grin
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by fkj950ax(m): 7:02am On Dec 17, 2016
martineverest:
the best thing to do is to meet xperts

The ONLY thing thing really really.
Thanks for giving him the best idea so far
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by mrakin(m): 7:02am On Dec 17, 2016
This happens when contractors/tecnicians fail to use the right quality/quantity. Tiles used in wet room should be specially done taking into consideratipn the constant water usage.

Way forward. Complete repair of the floor/affected aarea
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by muriunited(m): 7:06am On Dec 17, 2016
I have a question for you! is it a tap water or the water from ground?
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by stchinedu: 7:09am On Dec 17, 2016
martinlooter:
How is this even on front-page? Mtcheeeeew

It is on front page because he needs help. Pls. Be calm
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by sekundosekundo: 7:11am On Dec 17, 2016
What type of bathroom accessory are you using?.
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 17, 2016
Op wat is with the repeating of wet room wet room wet room everywhere naw?I am not understanding. angry
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by touchmark(m): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2016
Wet rooms on elevated levels are to be given special attention from inception to avoid this unpleasant experience.
And thus special attention starts from the moment you pour your concrete as you cast your slab to floor screeding during tiling and wall plastering of the wet room. There are admixtures and admitives that seals up concrete and motal pores to prevent permiability of water. acesanmite@gmail.com. Mail me for further info
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by austine4real(m): 7:23am On Dec 17, 2016
u need plumber next door
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by Engineermbugame(m): 7:34am On Dec 17, 2016
U need to contact a plumber asap,there is a lekage in ur water pipe shower room.
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by Blessograo(f): 7:42am On Dec 17, 2016
How did this article even qualify for front page. Better topics are there and they don't consider that. Rubbish!
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by baconline(m): 7:47am On Dec 17, 2016
Check the tiling
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by skoagmola(m): 7:47am On Dec 17, 2016
Cool:
Good day everyone.

Kindly advice on the precautions to be taken when building a wet room (shower room) in a house.
In the house I live currently, the wet room soaks the wall of the room directly below the wet room on the lower floor.

Please advise on how to properly construct a wet room to prevent such leakage and how to rectify this current situation.

Thank you.

This is very simple thing.thats my work.all u need is bitumen felt.contact mi that's my pin 2BCC92A0
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by realomonile: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2016
Ok

To know the current price of Rooftiles in Nigeria/Lagos..

Click here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by Exponental(m): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2016
Talk to a builder.... he would analyse the state of things and proffer necessary solutions
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2016
grin
prettythicksme:
Op wat is with the repeating of wet room wet room wet room everywhere naw?I am not understanding. angry
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by henryboff(m): 8:13am On Dec 17, 2016
Seek a professional. Wet rooms are usually designed to have a laminate membrane which prevents water from leaking into adjacent rooms. This laminate is usually expensive ( materials and installation costs) that is why we hardly use them in naija. A good professional should easily get this done.
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by tahoe(m): 8:19am On Dec 17, 2016
can copper pipes be used?
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by jidxin(m): 8:24am On Dec 17, 2016
Cool:
Good day everyone.

Thank you.

final destination
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 17, 2016
Cool:
Good day everyone.

Thank you.

The wetroom above is sending moisture below. Since the upper wall sits on a slab, that indicates problem in the slab. Or in the drain, or in the pipes in the wall. Identification of the cause is critical.

1. If it is from the slab, it needs treatment, because it's obviously ill. After checking, if the sickness is mild, all we need might be just a rescreeding, or adjustment of slope, or application of waterproofing chemicals. ..at the chronic stage, we might have to inject the slab to cure it.

2. The problem might also come from service pipes buried in the wall/slab...they might have slacked/shrunk/slipped/fractured/broken...in situ check is needed.

3. In new construction, if your slab is properly cast, and service pipes of top quality are used.. .forget about dampness... Ceteris paribus.

This is what we do cool
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by rawpadgin(m): 9:39am On Dec 17, 2016
n
Re: Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages by KiNiBiGd: 10:21am On Dec 17, 2016
Call expert to felt the area, there is felting material in the market, u can inbox me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Festac House Designer / For Rent-mini Flat,2bedroom Flat,3 Bedroom Flat in Lekki Phase 1 / Asphalt/Bitumen supply AND Road/Drainage construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.