Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,960 members, 7,848,897 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:42 AM

Do You Also Experience This? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Also Experience This? (12013 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by emmanuel596(m): 9:08am On Dec 17, 2016
sapiosexual1:

That's a recipe for throwing up.
Loading up the stomach with water or anything would trigger stretch receptors once the vehicle is in motion and voila! You'd throw up. grin grin
That's for those who are prone to it especially.

Peoples body systems are different water has always been a great medicine for me
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2016
Try having bitter cola handy it helps a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by samhay: 9:10am On Dec 17, 2016
martyns303:
OP hope u don't smoke?

I dnt drink nor smoke
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by TINALETC3(f): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2016
Yeah, nice thread and my problem is, if I eat banana, (even jst one) while on a long journey, wat happens to me after den, I dnt even wish my enemy experience such, 4 d nxt 2days,I ws unable to eat anything, bt d case is diff Wen am at home, even if I eat a bunch of it, I dnt no y

1 Like

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by fashrola(m): 9:16am On Dec 17, 2016
The only time i experienced Motion Sickness was my first time at Sea... the experience was something else... The Ocean was very rough.... Imaging a big ship rolling and pitching

1. I couldnt eat for four-five days (I only tried to eat apple and lick Limes)
2. Vomitted intermittenly due to rolling of the ship
3. Sweating profusely even with the almight cold AC system
4. Dizzyness all day

Even when i took AVOMINE tabs.. I didnt work out...But i thanked God i adapted gradually...

Motion Sickness at sea is very bad oooo....

1 Like

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by Chapecoense(m): 9:17am On Dec 17, 2016
Motion sickness while travelling is alien to me..
I only get motion sickness while playing a first person shooter video game..
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by rayomata(m): 9:18am On Dec 17, 2016
I have phobia for Long distance journey
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by 99foxxy(f): 9:19am On Dec 17, 2016
It was happening to me initially until I discovered that coke does the magic for me, when ever I'm traveling i do hold my bottle of coke to be sipping and it makes me feel great after my trip, no matter the distance.

1 Like

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by stagger: 9:24am On Dec 17, 2016
samhay:
Straight to the point.

I enjoy doing most of my things indoor or online, let me say I hate traveling a distance more than 15minutes.

Each tym I travel for longer period, I feel so weak, tired and sometimes feel like throwing up. This has nothing to do with the smell of fuel.

The last tym I went on a long distance trip was couple of weeks ago and since I knw how I always feel, I tried something different. I do keep to myself and either listen to music through my headset or surf the Internet but this last trip, I tried being active and lively. We discussed although the journey but as soon as I alighted from the car........ The usual feeling crept in.

I just heard some called it MOTION SICKNESS

Do you experience the same thing?
What do you do?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

A tablet of Avomine does the trick. Ever since a doctor friend introduced me to the drug, I can travel non-stop and don't feel a thing. But if you are going to drive, then this is a no-no as the medicine usually puts one to sleep. At that point, you are out of luck!
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by martyns303(m): 9:24am On Dec 17, 2016
samhay:

I dnt drink nor smoke

Ok! Smoking tends to highten the effect. U should be relaxed, put ur head out the window for fresh air, if possible close ur eyes and relax. Conflicting sensory organs is a major cause, so if u close ur eyes it reduce the number of conflicting "sensories". Cheers
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by eleojo23: 9:26am On Dec 17, 2016
rayomata:
I have phobia for Long distance journey
Same here.
Before now, I have to convince and prepare myself mentally before I undertake any journey that will last for more than 3hrs.
The first time I did a 12hour journey, I slept throughout the next day. grin

But I have adapted a little. I have done many 6hrs journeys lately without much stress but I still need to take a nap after each journey to reboot my system and to get rid of the post-transit headache.

Frequent travelling just isn't my thing...
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by SaffronSpice: 9:28am On Dec 17, 2016
Samhay,God bless you for this thread.
Used to think am the only one who suffers from motion sickness 'cause am yet to meet anyone who also experiences the symptoms I struggle with anytime I travel.

All it takes for my stomach to turn during a journey is a speedbump.Then, I'll feel a sensation similar to a pinprick on my right shoulder before the urge to throw up sets in.

Mine happens always whenever my destination is far,and the chewing gums I rely on have not been helpful

2 Likes

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2016
for the first time as an adult i experienced it, that was late last yr. From enugu to Lagos, thank God I was sitting very close to the window. it was an embarrassing experience...

1 Like

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2016
Have never experienced this. Whenever the journey gets boring, I just bring out my phone and start surfing the internet. I don't listen to music in public transports, reason being that it would shut me away from my surroundings. I like to be well aware of my environment in situations like that.
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by anyicash(m): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2016
I do expirience serious headache each time i make a long distant trip.
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by SaffronSpice: 9:36am On Dec 17, 2016
TINALETC3:
Yeah, nice thread and my problem is, if I eat banana, (even jst one) while on a long journey, wat happens to me after den, I dnt even wish my enemy experience such, 4 d nxt 2days,I ws unable to eat anything, bt d case is diff Wen am at home, even if I eat a bunch of it, I dnt no y
i no know say we plenty grin
i don't take eggs before travelling.
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 17, 2016
neyop85:
Motion sickness occurs because your brain is doing two things at the same time. Your brain is detecting motion and at the sametime u are reading or eating, u are most likely to experience motion sickness in such a scenario. The immediate solution is stop whatever u are doing and focus on the movement of the vehicle or ur journey. That sick feeling will stop almost immediately.
Try it the next time u experience motion sickness, it works like magic.
exactly.. I do av motion sickness too and i did exactly wot u said.. It really worked n still working. Bur den i listen to music along sides.
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by MrKang: 9:41am On Dec 17, 2016
neyop85:
Motion sickness occurs because your brain is doing two things at the same time. Your brain is detecting motion and at the sametime u are reading or eating, u are most likely to experience motion sickness in such a scenario. The immediate solution is stop whatever u are doing and focus on the movement of the vehicle or ur journey. That sick feeling will stop almost immediately.
This guy gets it.
You using your phone,surfing the internet,reading online articles while on motion is a great Trigger. Just focus on your journey and you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by TINALETC3(f): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2016
grin, d palava no b here oooo
SaffronSpice:

i no know say we plenty grin
i don't take eggs before travelling.

1 Like

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by ChopDeMoney(m): 9:44am On Dec 17, 2016
Yes. Mine was genetic, got it from mum now my second daughter. The only two times I travel by air within Nigeria was not funny. Though it has subsided for vehicular motion. The day wey I go travel Yankee men make dem just inject me with sleep. for the duration.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by ZoneBslayer(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2016
I can't read a book/newspaper in a moving vehicle..it makes me dizzy..found out that Mumsy has the same ish too..

1 Like

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by ccqueen(f): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2016
It happens to me too but I'm managing it well now. I don't press my phone or read books(novel and likes) while travelling. I chew gum that has mint,sweet with mint too,I listen to music with my earphone (if I feel like it),eheee the last one that is super effective just sleep for most part of the journey (that's if you know you'll get to the final bus stop).Don't forget to sit close to the window.
Epele oooo
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by crudedude(m): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2016
fashrola:
The only time i experienced Motion Sickness was my first time at Sea... the experience was something else... The Ocean was very rough.... Imaging a big ship rolling and pitching

1. I couldnt eat for four-five days (I only tried to eat apple and lick Limes)
2. Vomitted intermittenly due to rolling of the ship
3. Sweating profusely even with the almight cold AC system
4. Dizzyness all day

Even when i took AVOMINE tabs.. I didnt work out...But i thanked God i adapted gradually...

Motion Sickness at sea is very bad oooo....

Are you a sailor?
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by Maxcollins042(m): 10:04am On Dec 17, 2016
Na so most of us dey take fail exam. A simple question is asked and some are talking as if they are thinking with their hands.
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by potent5(m): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2016
neyop85 :

5 bottles of schnapps, 4 native kola nuts and tiri gbosa for you. You're the man, bro.
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 17, 2016
Maxcollins042:
Na so most of us dey take fail exam. A simple question is asked and some are talking as if they are thinking with their hands.

What is your problem? A question was asked if people experienced motion sickness and people who do and do not are responding and you are sounding as if what they did is not what was requested. Na una dey use ITK fail exam. You'll overwrite thinking you are Mr Wise and fail woefully. If you don't have any meaningful contribution to the thread why not fizzle out like a bad fart.

back to the topic, i experience it too, it's basicly a distortion in auditory and optical input with both senses sending the brain completely different stimuli. For me it's usually trying to read from my phone while the vehicle is in motion, once it starts with some wuzzy feeling and nausea, i quickly keep the phone aside and try hard to focus on the journey. It takes sometime to subside eventually does. It can be saddening seeing people having fun reading from their phones in a moving car while you can't

1 Like

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by Leopantro: 10:17am On Dec 17, 2016
samhay:
Straight to the point.

I enjoy doing most of my things indoor or online, let me say I hate traveling a distance more than 15minutes.

Each tym I travel for longer period, I feel so weak, tired and sometimes feel like throwing up. This has nothing to do with the smell of fuel.

The last tym I went on a long distance trip was couple of weeks ago and since I knw how I always feel, I tried something different. I do keep to myself and either listen to music through my headset or surf the Internet but this last trip, I tried being active and lively. We discussed although the journey but as soon as I alighted from the car........ The usual feeling crept in.

I just heard some called it MOTION SICKNESS

Do you experience the same thing?
What do you do?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

I get it a lot. can't even look at a phone screen without getting nauseated. it's ca
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by dhummystecah(f): 10:18am On Dec 17, 2016
I didn't know I suffer from motion sickness until I travelled by bus for 16 hours+. It was horrible cos it was an AC bus with no ventilation at all. Plus a drunk dude sitting beside and drooling regularly. I survived by drinking coke (no water at all) and eating light snacks. Chewing Mint sweets. Getting out of the bus for fresh air at all bus stops.
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by Chukazu: 10:25am On Dec 17, 2016
I almost think say them swear me, never traveld without feeling like throwing up, but recently found a personal reprieve.

1.bitter kola is my companion
2.make sure I don't eat any thing the night before, that means if am to travel on Monday, i would stop eating by Sunday night.
3.drink Water instead, no medication like it
4.I try to avoid AC buses, prefer natural air

#safe journey!
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by SexyNairalander: 10:32am On Dec 17, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Pls look up the meaning of motion sickness ffs, then comeback and make an educated contribution
am sorry I didn't read the post. . .i just wanna express myself

Re: Do You Also Experience This? by HyDef(m): 10:32am On Dec 17, 2016
Ayodeleseyi65:
Though It Happens To Me Often Times Due To The Congestion In That Particular Vechicle Am Traveling In But When There Is Full Ventilation, I Enjoy It To The Fullest

Same here. So I don't know if it's actually motion sickness.
Re: Do You Also Experience This? by SexyNairalander: 10:33am On Dec 17, 2016
[quote author=Doctorfitz post=52005113][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Gas Explosion Injures Housewife, Baby / Drug Or Injections: Which Do You Prefer? / Nigeria Medical Association Explains Why Doctors Are Leaving The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.