Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Mmm:dec 2016 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mmm:dec 2016 (857 Views)

Inflation Reaches 11-yr High, At 18.55% In Dec. 2016 / Nigeria’s Manufacturing PMI Index Rises By 23% In Dec 2016 – Fbnquest / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mmm:dec 2016 by femoint007(m): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
Please grab your calculator, pen and
paper and let's do some simple maths.
Please read with your common sense switched on. Assumptions:
1. MMM pays 30% monthly, excluding bonuses. That is 360% interest yearly.
2. MMM sells no products or services. And does not acrue interests from loans.
3. Payments of interest is made from money-input by old and new members.
4. MMM has over 2 million members in Nigeria. Now let's play with some figures.
Assume 2 million persons have provided help of N20,000 each, that means the total debt being owed to people is:
2000000 * 20000 = 40,000,000,000 In one month. And That 40 billion debt becomes 52 billion Naira debt! i.e plus 30%
**Within a month, MMM creates a
debt of 12 billion Naira from a small
donation of just 20,000 each by its 2
million members**
••Within a year, MMM creates a debt of 144 billion Naira from a small donation of just 20,000 each
by its 2 million members••
**Take note that the debts above does not include all the bonuses they offer. **The debt above
is owed to the 2 million persons who have provided help of 20,000 Naira each. Since MMM doesn't sell any product or service, where are they going to get the money to pay back this huge debt? Your answer is
right. They have to lure new members in with enticing offers and once they join, additional debt is created. Old members can also put back their money into the system and more debts will be created.
Now, remember we used just 20,000 Naira. I know some people have put in 50k, 100k and even 1 million. Test these different values on the equation and see how much debt MMM generates monthly and yearly.
#Questions >>1. What kind of system will survive such monthly or annual debt profile?
>>2. If MMM reaches its zenith, gets
saturated, and new members stop
joining, how will they pay back the debts that have been created? What happened yesterday will give you an insight of what will happen when MMM crashes. They had to Freeze withdrawals because it would have been impossible to
pay back all the debts that have been accumulated.
It will only be a matter of time before the system will start to collapse under the weight of the accumulated debts.
Re: Mmm:dec 2016 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
grin

I don't think all the 2 million people will provide help on the same day...

Which means they will not get help at the same time. ... grin
Re: Mmm:dec 2016 by GMBuhari: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
I confirmed people sold houses and cars to pH hoping to gh

I've been laughing since grin
Re: Mmm:dec 2016 by Glaxx(m): 7:12pm On Dec 17, 2016

Can you keep a secret? I hope not. Visit my profile to learn how you can register and refer 2 people in order to earn more than 5 million naira.
Re: Mmm:dec 2016 by denziz: 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
Royal155:
Keep writing rubbish, while people are seizing the opportunity by making good money from it. Imagine me investing 500$ last month on m.m.m u.n.i.t.e.d last and getting $1,000 last week. Go thief am nah mek i see!! Whether it crashes tomorrow or not i have made enough profit from it.
Continue with your foolishness.
Re: Mmm:dec 2016 by talk2hb1(m): 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2016
Royal155:
Keep writing rubbish, while people are seizing the opportunity by making good money from it. Imagine me investing 500$ last month on m.m.m u.n.i.t.e.d last and getting $1,000 last week. Go thief am nah mek i see!! Whether it crashes tomorrow or not i have made enough profit from it.
Lucky You, at least most of you MMMers will leave us alone for now and stop looking as if we are at loss for not joining MMM.

(1) (Reply)

' / As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods / Need Diesel ⛽

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.