Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack (16775 Views)

The Tecno Phantom 6: Things You Didn't Know About The Phone / Google Announcements To Its Users. Must See / 6 Things You Have Forgotten How To Do Because Of Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by J4parry(m): 7:33am On Dec 19, 2016
You can't honestly advice people to shift base based on the attack as no site is immune to attack, Gmail isn't so one has to be more cautious with online activities.

Op what makes Gmail immune to attack?
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by Phi001(m): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2016
Yh...I heard about the hack...

Yahoo them disturbed me for like 2 weeks

Last last, I changed the password...
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by Horlufemi(m): 7:45am On Dec 19, 2016
Yahoo is a bullshit email company
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by wonlasewonimi: 7:58am On Dec 19, 2016
youngwarlocks:
You mean to tell me that they have hacked this password too??

+×÷=%__€€¥¥¥₩₩₩₩₩$##$^&&

nothing is truly safe on the internet. what if people have sex tapes in their draft box. abeg na Seun own I wan see

grin grin grin

That password means nothing if it is stored in cleartext as against ciphertext. Once the password vault is compromised, every credential is revealed. The only way to avoid being breached is not to connect to the internet.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by AntiWailer: 7:58am On Dec 19, 2016
Nobody sends password in your welcome email.

Who compiled this nonsense ? sad angry angry
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by dreezybines: 8:33am On Dec 19, 2016
grin Now this are the real hackers...

Professionals...
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by simiolu1(m): 9:29am On Dec 19, 2016
I think your next post should be how to close a yahoo account. Thank God I have started changing email addresses of important sites to Gmail even before the hack. I'm closing my yahoo account soon. No amount of advertising would bring me back
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by poweredcom(m): 9:32am On Dec 19, 2016
I hate yahoo email
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by nonjebose(m): 10:06am On Dec 19, 2016
Na spam mails full my yahoo box. Hardly use it
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 19, 2016
yahoo just got fvcked after being sold to AoL, is it a coincidence?
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by NaWetinDey(m): 11:12am On Dec 19, 2016
mira4u:
Is this true? Somebody pls confirm

Yes, mine inclusive. But further security measure has been take (2-step verification), eg. sending you code via sms or calling your number and telling you the code with which to pass the login section. That way, no one without your phone can log in. Login and activate your 2-step verification and add your number(s) to remain safe...at least, as long as it lasts.However, Gmail is the lead.

Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by mira4u: 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
NaWetinDey:

Yes, mine inclusive. But further security measure has been take (2-step verification), eg. sending you code via sms or calling your number and telling you the code with which to pass the login section. That way, no one without your phone can log in. Login and activate your 2-step verification and add your number(s) to remain safe...at least, as long as it lasts.However, Gmail is the lead.

Ok tnx. I have Gmail too, just that I relied more on my yahoomail cos I've used it for long and it's included in all my accounts and others.
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by charlsecy(m): 2:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
tunisbaba:
Personally I have discarded Yahoo since the days when one will need to fight World War III with CAPTCHAs before you can sign in to your account
It's terrible those days. I did as you have done.
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by techxplora: 9:01am On Oct 06, 2017
YAhoomAI REMAINS your best bet when it comes to email online. Their brand stands out amongst list out there. You can even access it using Samsung TV. I say it in this link below https://www.techxplora.com/samsung-tv/
Re: 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack by joeyreports: 10:48am On Aug 20, 2018
To carry out a yahoomail registration you must have to visit the yahoomail homepage at www.yahoomail.com this email program is assumed to be the best as it will protect your information very well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Incoming Calls Not Showing On Screen / Globacom Has Launched A New Tariff Plan, GLO BOUNCE. / Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.