Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,969 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

My 2 Cent About Big Churches - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My 2 Cent About Big Churches (1579 Views)

"My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God / China Shuts Down Christian Churches, Destroys Crosses, Burn Bibles / My 2 Year Old Daughter Got Raped While My Dad Was Home. -HARDMIRROR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by peacesamuel94(m): 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2016
skyhighweb:
Rather than build mega schools for the poor to
study well, they will build mega churches for the
poor to spend well, smh.

and who told you that they don't provide for the needy, are you aware that the church has created opportunities through mediums such as scholarship programmes for intelligent students that are indigent, to attend their schools.

you want them to make it free for everyone, but you will still criticize him if the school eventually fails.

If you must criticize, at least try and understand who you are about criticizing beforehand. don't just jump into conclusions out of desperation to label someone as stingy even when you are not a Better giver yourself.
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Ranchhoddas: 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
Anas09:
Why will he shut up?
Ecclesiastes 9:11
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Anas09: 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Ecclesiastes 9:11
And what does it say?
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Ranchhoddas: 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2016
Anas09:

And what does it say?
How dare you ask me that? I thought you were a walking Bible?
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Anas09: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
How dare you ask me that? I thought you were a walking Bible?
You thought? Thank God i never say that. Working Bible ke. Who i be, Apostle Paul?
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Ranchhoddas: 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Anas09:

You thought? Thank God i never say that. Working Bible ke. Who i be, Apostle Paul?
Maybe. Maybe more.
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Anas09: 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Maybe. Maybe more.
Guy, see my legs oo. Am a Bible student, nothing more.
So, go ahead and tell us what that passage is about and connect it to the Op.
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Ranchhoddas: 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
It's not to the OP. It's to the person I quoted.
Anas09:

Guy, see my legs oo. Am a Bible student, nothing more.
So, go ahead and tell us what that passage is about and connect it to the Op.
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by skyhighweb(m): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
plz oh explain it cause i just read it my self i dont understand, just dont twist it sha.
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Ranchhoddas: 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ecc 9:11 I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to men of understanding, nor favour to men of skill, but TIME and CHANCE happens to them all...
skyhighweb:
plz oh explain it cause i just read it my self i dont understand, just dont twist it sha.
The person I quoted was talking about how his hard work and enterprise has led to his wealth and success, as opposed to lazy and slothful people whose poverty and failure is a result of their laziness
That verse, if it's anything to go by, says otherwise. 'Time and chance' as used therein refers to an element that is outside our control, a factor at work regardless of our efforts or lack of.
In my little over two decades of existence, I have found this to be very true, there is always a variable which could have changed everything. This should teach the high and mighty to be thankful and humble and the low and lowly to not despair too much because time and chance does indeed happen to all of us
Cc: skyhighweb, Anas09
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Anas09: 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You are dodging. Well, its okay.
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Anas09: 2:28pm On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Ecc 9:11 I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to men of understanding, nor favour to men of skill, but TIME and CHANCE happens to them all...The person I quoted was talking about how his hard work and enterprise has led to his wealth and success, as opposed to lazy and slothful people whose poverty and failure is a result of their laziness
That verse, if it's anything to go by, says otherwise. 'Time and chance' as used therein refers to an element that is outside our control, a factor at work regardless of our efforts or lack of.
In my little over two decades of existence, I have found this to be very true, there is always a variable which could have changed everything. This should teach the high and mighty to be thankful and humble and the low and lowly to not despair too much because time and chance does indeed happen to all of us
Cc: skyhighweb, Anas09
I agree with you, but not totally. What we should peruse here is what Solomon means by Time & Chance.

Some preacher said something once that i will always keep inside.

He said, "When preparation meets Opportunity, a Miracle happens". That is the best i can come up with the interpretation of TIME & CHANCE.. because God Himself hates idleness. He hates sluggishness, He hates Laziness.

God said explicitly that a lazy man should not be given food.

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
2 Thessalonians:3:10

Good News Translation 2 Thessalonians 3:10 While we were with you, we used to tell you, “Whoever refuses to work is not allowed to eat.”
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Ranchhoddas: 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:

I agree with you, but not totally. What we should peruse here is what Solomon means by Time & Chance.

Some preacher said something once that i will always keep inside.

He said, "When preparation meets Opportunity a Miracle happens". That is the best i can come up with the interpretation of TIME & CHANCE.. because God Himself hates idleness. He hates sluggishness, He hates Laziness.

God said explicitly that a lazy man should not be given food.

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
2 Thessalonians:3:10

Good News Translation 2 Thessalonians 3:10 While we were with you, we used to tell you, “Whoever refuses to work is not allowed to eat.”

Exactly. The 'opportunity' is not under anyone's control.
Re: My 2 Cent About Big Churches by Anas09: 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Exactly. The 'opportunity' is not under anyone's control.
Yea, but The preparation is our duty. Beggers do not prepare.

(1) (2) (Reply)

About Pastor Robert Madu / Experiencing God / Image Of The Cross: Best Eclipse Picture Seen Yet? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.