Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

5 Reasons Why MMM Was So Successful In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Reasons Why MMM Was So Successful In Nigeria (814 Views)

Why Are Lebanese And Indians So Successful At Business In Nigeria? / Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why MMM Was So Successful In Nigeria by kayo80(m): 7:55am On Dec 18, 2016
The news about MMM Nigeria freezing the accounts of its memberss is all over the news in Nigeria right now, but in this article, I am not going to be talking about that. I am also not going to be talking about whether MMM has crashed or not, or what MMM is. I am going to be talking about why MMM was so successful in Nigeria. Even though a lot of people believe the scheme has come to an end (which I don't totally believe), I just want to talk about why it was so successful in a very short period of time.

MMM Nigeria kicked off in the country in November 2015, and by June of 2016, it was all over the place. Yes, the recession played a major part in people buying into it so fast, but a few other reasons can be named why it has been so successful. I am sure everyone knows one or two people that have money invested in MMM. Personally, I know people that have hundreds of thousands of Naira put into the scheme. So, why was it so successful in such a short period of time?

Below are 5 reasons why I feel MMM was so successful in Nigeria.

1. The Recession

Number one on the list has to be because of the recession. We are going through a great depression in Nigeria right now, and things are so hard; people are finding it hard to get jobs, people that had jobs are losing them, and prices of household items are skyrocketing by the day. So, people are constantly looking for means to earn money...and fast.

MMM Nigeria promises (and to the best of my knowledge, they have been delivering) 30% on each clients investment into the scheme monthly. This gave a lot of people hope in the hard-times we are currently experiencing in the country, and people invested heavily in it. Some even went ahead to borrow money to invest in MMM.

2. The 30% ROI

This is one of the sweetest reasons, and the biggest attracting factor of people to MMM; the 30% Return On Investment. Imagine you are able to convince a family member or a financial institution to loan you a million Naira for investment, and you put that million Naira into MMM...you would be getting three hundred thousand Naira on that million every month. That is something, right? Yea, that's one the things that drew a lot of people into putting their money into MMM; whether it was the person that invested N30,000, or the one that invested N30,000,000.

3. Get Rich Quick Factor

Everyone wants to be rich and enjoy the good life, and most people are always looking for a shortcut to success. 30% return on investment will multiply your money exponentially in a very short while, and people want to get a lot of money in as short a period as possible, so people jumped at MMM, even with all the possible risks involved.

4. There is No Central Account Where Money is Kept

This is another big factor that got MMM Nigeria a lot of clients; the fact that you don't pay in your money into an MMM account, but pay into a fellow MMM members account that needs help/money. People believe their money is safer this way.

5. Nigeria's Population

This is one the major reasons why I feel MMM is still a long way from crashing. Nigeria is not only the most populous nation in Africa, it is the most populous black nation in the world. With a population of 170 million people and counting (7th most populous nation in the world), there would be a lot more people who are willing to risk investing their money in the scheme. As long as MMM unfreezes members accounts next month and keeps paying out 30% monthly to clients, word of mouth would keep spreading the news of MMM like wildfire within Nigeria, and more Nigerian citizens will put their money in it.

As long as there are more people willing to invest in MMM, the scheme will keep growing.

http://outoftheordinary101..com.ng/2016/12/5-reasons-why-mmm-was-so-successful-in.html

Re: 5 Reasons Why MMM Was So Successful In Nigeria by HQuadreal: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2016
Hmmm hmmm clear throat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why MMM Was So Successful In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2016
.MMM is far from being over and never crashed it was the money you put on it that got stolen by top guiders by awarding themselves ridiculous and unnecessary % of funds that was supposed to go round
Re: 5 Reasons Why MMM Was So Successful In Nigeria by kayo80(m): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2016
carmag:
.MMM is far from being over and never crashed it was the money you put on it that got stolen by top guiders by awarding themselves ridiculous and unnecessary % of funds that was supposed to go round

Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Turn Your #1000 Into #256,000 In As Little As One Month / Facebeat And Ready To Wear Headgear(rtw) / $1/btc For My Complete Web Design Tutorial Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.