Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment (9707 Views)

Senate To Probe Illegal Importation Of Military Gear By Gov Yahaya Bello / Avengers Not Afraid Of Military, Clark Tells FG. / Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Princess4ng(f): 7:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Germany is to provide Nigeria with three million Euros for the procurement of surveillance equipment, mobile medical care unit and other support services for the country’s armed forces.
The Minister of Defence, Mansur Dan-Ali, announced this on Sunday at joint news conference with the German Defence Minister, Ursala Von dar Leyen, at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.
The Germany defence minister was in Abuja to hand over some military equipment donated her country to Nigeria. Dan-Ali said that the money would be provided through the extension of the German Technical Advisory Group Agreement for three years, 2017 to 2020. The minister said that under the existing agreement between the two countries under the group, 2012 to 2016, Germany had donated two mobile care units with extensive care unit facilities to the country. Also donated to the country by Germany, according to Dan-Ali are Vallon metal detector/Improvised Explosive Device and Explosive Ordnance Disposal equipment, as well training of personnel and maintenance of the device. He said Nigeria had also received three Mobile Tactical Ground Surveillance Radar systems from Germany for border security in the North East. The minister thanked Germany for the assistance it had extended to the Nigerian armed forces so far toenhance their capacity to fight the Boko Haram terrorists.
“As we are all aware, terrorism is a threat to the existence of humanity and its development. We must, therefore, continue to stand resolute and united in our fight to stamp terrorism out of the planet,’’ Dan-Ali said. In her remark, the German defence minister, who handed over the equipment to Dan-Ali, noted that combating terrorism was both “difficult and dangerous. "Everywhere, the terrorists live bloody trail of destruction and death and time and again, they single out the most vulnerable of their targets like children just like the Boko Haram does in Nigeria. “This is why it is in our common interest that the population at home in my country, as well as here in Nigeria is safe so that the economy can grow again.
“Because that is the basis for jobs and prosperity so people can believe in the future in their homeland,’’ Leyen said. According to her, terrorists abuse religion for their own evil purposes. Terrorists spread terror and violence all over the world, in France, Belgium, Aghanistan, Iraq, Turkey, Germany and here in Nigeria.Leyen said that the objective of thecooperation between her country and Nigeria was to assist the country to “conduct crisis prevention, crisis management and peace building operations.’’ “To compliment this, Germany is focusing on practical, very concrete issues – the capability and equipment the Nigerian servicemen need most urgently such as the protection against the many IEDs place by the Boko Haram". She noted that Nigeria was fighting a hard but most important fight, assuring the support of her country.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigeria-to-get-3m-euros-from-germany-for-procurement-of-military-equipment/176564.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by bbsteve(m): 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
Booked. Brb make I go toilet
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by suyamasta(m): 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
Good! but the Nigerian security apparatus is lacking in proper intelligentsia its more of a tool for political manipulations! We should wake up as true humans with intelligent brains that seperate us from other animals! Good mapping and Geo-network tracking of criminalities with clearly given analytics should not be a big deal for our graduates to provide!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by seunlly(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hope they won't embezzle it as they did in GEJ regime

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Gee2728(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
Even me can give €3m naa
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by 1stallon(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
FTC
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Jakpon: 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
Buhari wants to acquire all these military equipment to kill we Biafrans, but Chukwu Okike Abiama will dissapoint you because we are Umu Chineke. We Igbos are going back to Igboland.

#FreeNnamdiKanu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by arma: 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
FTC
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Promismike(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
ok
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by donestk(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
The Nazis!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Mufasa27(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
Waste of time and effort by the Germany government, they ought to know we have an Immbecile as president ...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by BrutalJab: 7:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
Good, let's see how The Dullard, Buratai The Saver and APC will share the money.
Cos... APC=PDP.

We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by arma: 7:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
bbsteve:
U wicked no be small
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by sammieolu: 7:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
gud development
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Lateef3(m): 7:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
Okay!
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by coolestchris(m): 7:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
Embezzlement loading

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Lovelynature(m): 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
With as the President, it's a waste of time and energy by the German Government
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
coolestchris:
Embezzlement loading
Exactly!
More houses in Dubai

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Fabulosdave01: 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
Nigerian polictians go still chop am.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Trapnews: 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
grin

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Dcaliphate(m): 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ok na.... Make see how this one go take dey 'properly spended'...
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by shevchenko(m): 7:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
[quote author=seunlly post=52047746]Hope they won't embezzle it as they did in GEJ regime[/quote
Useless comments
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by kossyablaze(m): 7:15pm On Dec 18, 2016
Wetin dem go embezzl!......I'm back! Who missed me?

Arsenal fans sorryyyyyy o!

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by humilitypays(m): 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
‎If they like let them give Buhari $500 trillion, Buhari cannot bring positive change, economy boom, total security and national development in Nigeria and below are some of the reasons:

1. Buhari is a wicked man with a vengeful, unforgiven heart, people with such heart hardly succeed even when it seems like they are successful in life!

2. Buhari is a tribal bigot, a religious fanatics, a very chauvinistic man!

Nigeria is in total economy woes today not because crude oil price went down but because Buhari out of his hatred for Igbos and South-south decided to make policies that will impoverish Igbos/Niger Deltans by restricting dollar flow in/out of Nigeria.

Buhari wanted to punish Igbo importers and to witch-hunt PDP members by making sure they don't move $ in/out of Nigeria, while making the same dollar available to his loyalists and friends, thereby creating a dollar scarcity which was the beginning of Naira free fall against dollar!

3. Buhari is a liar, a pretender! Buhari lied that he doesn't own a house in Abuja, that he borrowed loan to purchase presidential nomination ticket‎, but little did Nigerians know that Buhari is amongst the richest men in Nigeria, all thanks to late Sanni Abacha who looted Nigeria dry but remained a saint in the eyes of Mr. Anti-corruption fighter Buhari just because he got a share of the billions of $ Abacha stole!

4. Buhari has spilled so many innocent blood directly and indirectly! Since 1966 till 2011, Buhari has caused the death of so many innocent Nigerians. 2011 post-election violence comes to mind. 1966 counter coup plot at Dordan Barracks where he and Muritala Mohammed masterminded the mass execution of Igbo gallant soldiers while they were at sleep not knowing their colleagues they trusted are heartless blood suckers!

5. Buhari aborted one of Nigeria's best democratically elected government headed by Shehu Shagari! If not for that coup Buhari did in 1980s, Nigeria's democracy would have been 30something years old, we would have progressed beyond where we are today!

6. Buhari keep appointing very dull people from his tribe into key positions even when they can't perform! Why didn't Buhari invite the Yoruba man Donald Trump appointed into his economy team now to come and head our economy to help revive things, why Kemi a very dull woman that knows nothing about economics!

7. Buhari's allegiance is only to Saudi Arabia and Barack Obama!

Buhari will rather please Saudi Arabia first before pleasing Nigerians!

8. Fulani herdsmen! The innocent blood of farmers spilled all over Nigeria due to Buhari's silence and I-don't-care attitude towards Fulani herdsmen killings will continue to hunt after Buhari and his generations! Buhari can go free due to Nigerians stupidity, but trust me, nature and the supreme being will sure reward Buhari and his clique!

Whatever you sow in life, you must reap it!

Buhari has sold so much hatred, division, tribalism, tribal/religious/political discrimination‎ that he will never go unpunished now or in future to come!

Under Buhari, Nigeria will only get worse by the day because badluck, ill luck, nemesis, karma, nature's payback follows Buhari....its his inheritance never to succeed as a leader! Nigerians were so blind to have even allowed Buhari contest for president!‎

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Promismike(m): 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
Failed nation! Begger country, always looking for international help. A failed nation that has failed to look inward to develop its numerious human and natural resourses. A good development though.
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Raph01: 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by mengho(m): 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
We all know the fate of dat money

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Raph01: 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
mengho:
Make I forward my account number to get my share, after all we all know d fate of dat money
na so bros. Make me sef no dull, I no fit cum die

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Princess4ng(f): 7:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
bbsteve:

Hmmmmm... Ur shit smells nice...
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Princess4ng(f): 7:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
Gee2728:
Even me can give €3m naa

Biko make I toast u na grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Sandydayziz(f): 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
Wow... I don't tink they can embezzle dis one... Watching in 5D cool
I love this, I just hope they can share ideas nd help teach tactics to help tackle the insurgency & not just donate money...
Re: Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment by Zain313(m): 7:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
And what do the Germans want in return?
Let me guess, they want the commitment of the Nigerian nation to serving the German unruly cause, they want submission of the Nigerian nation to Germany by extending the generous hand to it.
Do not be deceived.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Saves N500b From Looters / Bolaji Akinremi: Ogun Refugees In Benin Republic Have All Gone Back Home / Insecurity: Only Security Agencies Allowed To Access Public Data - Pantami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.