Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,849 members, 7,956,183 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

How Nigerian Coaches’ Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti-sarki - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Nigerian Coaches’ Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti-sarki (1214 Views)

Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams / Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigerian Coaches’ Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti-sarki by optimist25(m): 11:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
How Nigerian coaches’ demand for bribe pushed me to Haiti – Sarki

Former Nigerian youth international, Emmanuel Sarki has revealed that the demand for bribe by Nigerian coaches drove him to making the choice of playing for Haiti.
This allegation corroborates the earlier one by former Super Eagles forward and assistant coach, Daniel Amokachi, who alleged that Nigerian youth coaches demand for as much as N250,000 from players before they are invited into the teams.
Amokachi spoke when he joined forces with the coalition of Civil Society Organisations, CSOs, operating under the aegis of National Support Groups for Good Governance, NASUGG, protesting in support of war against corruption in Abuja last October.
Sarki explained that he tried severally to make the national team, but out of frustration he opted for the Island nation country in the Caribbean where he had roots. He played for all the Nigerian youth teams.
“I was told to pay before I am called up, that was when I was playing in Israel. I won’t mention the name of the coach. It was Efe Ambrose who gave me the contact of the coach after telling him of my form. I put a call across to him but he told me to speak with his assistant, who openly asked me for tips.
“A lot of friends asked me to pay the money but the sum they were quoting was way more than what I can afford. I couldn’t and despite my fine form, I wasn’t contacted again. No regret though (because) I’m cool with Haiti, the land of my grand father”.
“I am comfortable with playing for Haiti. You get picked on your form not on what you have to offer the coaches,” the Apollon Limassol forward said.
Sarki, 28, born in Kaduna pledged his allegiance to Haiti in 2014.

Cc. Lalasticlala
Front page pls.

Re: How Nigerian Coaches’ Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti-sarki by acenazt: 11:34pm On Dec 18, 2016
Kai Emma Dis guy Wey I know for area. When ur grandpa Wey come from K.d south become Haitian?
Re: How Nigerian Coaches’ Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti-sarki by optimist25(m): 11:45pm On Dec 18, 2016
acenazt:
Kai Emma Dis guy Wey I know for area. When ur grandpa Wey come from K.d south become Haitian?
The level of corruption from the path of Nigerian coaches made him remembered he has a plan 'B'
Re: How Nigerian Coaches’ Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti-sarki by optional1(f): 11:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
and once u have paid once u will continue to pay..

Naija and bribe are like this

Re: How Nigerian Coaches’ Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti-sarki by Caseless: 1:43am On Dec 19, 2016
And of all places, he chose Haiti . You should have stayed teamless than playing for Haiti.

How can Ema sarki tell us he has a root in Haiti?
Re: How Nigerian Coaches’ Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti-sarki by acenazt: 6:50am On Dec 19, 2016
optimist25:

The level of corruption from the path of Nigerian coaches made him remembered he has a plan 'B'
lol e gud sha
Re: How Nigerian Coaches’ Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti-sarki by optimist25(m): 7:49am On Dec 19, 2016
Caseless:
And of all places, he chose Haiti . You should have stayed teamless than playing for Haiti.

grin grin grin
Re: How Nigerian Coaches’ Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti-sarki by ufuosman(m): 8:39am On Dec 20, 2016
Caseless:

is better for him to play Haiti than to stay like that... corruption everywhere in Nigeria
Re: How Nigerian Coaches’ Demand For Bribe Pushed Me To Haiti-sarki by Emade(m): 12:19am On Dec 21, 2016
always have a plan B in life

(1) (Reply)

Fv / Man United 4-0 West Ham: Lukaku & Co. Make Sure There's Only 1 United In This Ga / Who Get More Money Between FA Cup And Premier League Winner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.