Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees (19357 Views)

Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call / Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement / Sacked Oil Workers Protest Unpaid Severance Packages In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by martineverest(m): 7:35am On Dec 19, 2016
the truth is that all of them will lavish that money in 2 yrs...they are already used to lavish spending,which is uncontrollable,just like footballers.some of them will use the money to service loans they borrowed....thats y u hear them suffering after retiring from oil companies

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by TheAlchemist: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2016
This is a fantastic payout package, people in the house are forgetting that the sacked employees would also have access to what is saved with their various pension fund managers, the money from their severance package combined with funds with their pension fund manager would truly be staggering!
Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by bigfather(m): 7:51am On Dec 19, 2016
Oshare2:
Pls let's not pay attention to such stories ........ from the write up we saw the highest pay, the average pay why didn't them mention the lowest pay....... such information are to divert the attention of the public from the reality that peoples fathers, brothers, uncles, aunties, mothers are about to become jobless in this difficult times........ I would say we wait for the labor union to tell us their own side of the story........don't be carried away wit the outrageous figures u see there. Injury to 1 is injury to all

The lowest pay cant be less than 50M which i feel its still ok.

3 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Lakeland4321: 7:53am On Dec 19, 2016
eezeribe:
The only thing those employees know how to do, is protest.that is why they continue forming mushroom unions.you don't want a company to disengage you even when the company is not doing so well
Moreover if you are declared redundant in a more civilized world, you simply go home and wait for your official disengagement notice and probably severance package...
Not to start protesting as if the company is your father's HOUSE.SMH
Dont mind them, they are lucky they work for a firm where wages and welfare is among the very best in the country. The least worker probably the sch cert. holding security men, drivers and clerks will pocket bw N10-25m depending on years of service. Also those who have 20yrs service or more will be entitled to pension too. This figure is also excluding the pension contribution in their PSA. They are the luckiest people working or laying off, either way, they are ok

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Adeevah(m): 7:54am On Dec 19, 2016
Na so sack sweet

I pray they sack you with such amount in Jesus Name

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Osezzua(m): 8:07am On Dec 19, 2016
I've seen some ignorant comments here. I pray u become enlightened

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by evans360(m): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2016
350m, hooo my god
Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 19, 2016
Oshare2:
Pls let's not pay attention to such stories ........ from the write up we saw the highest pay, the average pay why didn't them mention the lowest pay....... such information are to divert the attention of the public from the reality that peoples fathers, brothers, uncles, aunties, mothers are about to become jobless in this difficult times........ I would say we wait for the labor union to tell us their own side of the story........don't be carried away wit the outrageous figures u see there. Injury to 1 is injury to all

But atleast you went to school, stop embarrassing yourself

For the total population affected, average payment per person hovers around N140 million.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Flets: 8:25am On Dec 19, 2016
For the records, 350M is the equivalent of what an ExxonMobil Expatriate makes in 10 to 11 months. And the labour union is claiming that Expats are being employed to replace the sacked nationals.
Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by lonelydora: 8:30am On Dec 19, 2016
Chai..... See people wey dey work nah.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Mayflowa(m): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2016
VickyRotex:
Kristi! 350 kini? cry cry

Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Codes151(m): 9:13am On Dec 19, 2016
Sibrah:
Hmmm . . . N350m No surprise people join anything joinable in order to work with such organisations. The other day someone shared a testimony of N200m.
your head dey ground no worry!!! Joining things!
Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Jacko1(m): 9:29am On Dec 19, 2016
Pengassan respect yourself

Exxonmobil sack their workers

You want to cause petrol strike again

If una try am.... I will swear for all the sacked workers

140 million and you guys still complaining

How much firstbank severance me when i resign

Rubbish
Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by solpat(m): 9:48am On Dec 19, 2016
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Jays2: 9:53am On Dec 19, 2016
Average of 140M ke and people are protesting? Please don't believe everything you read. They should have published the exact figures and stop giving averages.
Let's not forget the amount here is peanuts compared to the revenue made from oil production in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by battleaxe: 10:39am On Dec 19, 2016
Jacko1:
Pengassan respect yourself

Exxonmobil sack their workers

You want to cause petrol strike again

If una try am.... I will swear for all the sacked workers

140 million and you guys still complaining

How much firstbank severance me when i resign

Rubbish

There is a difference between a severance and a resignation.
Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by nextprince: 10:45am On Dec 19, 2016
Oshare2:

Very correct. If the highest is 350m and the average is 140m, what it means is that some figures are actually way below the average figure to have have seriously affected the highest, resulting in an average of 140m. Eg average of 20, 19, 20, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2 and 2 is 7.4 while the highest is 20 but with very low frequency as compared to lower figures appearing several times.
Thumb up bro.
The public shouldn't be carried away with the highest and average figures. The deliberate refusal to announce the lowest shows they have something up their sleeves.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by kilokeys(m): 10:51am On Dec 19, 2016
3rdavefarms:
Haaaa sack me too and pay me that money

By the end of 2020 I will have 1 billion

mmm don crash bro..
Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Koboland(f): 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
good
Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by mithras(m): 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
seunfly:
350m naira to sack me!!??

They must sack me in Jesus name, Ammeeennn!!!!

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by mithras(m): 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
Flets:
For the records, 350M is the equivalent of what an ExxonMobil Expatriate makes in 10 to 11 months. And the labour union is claiming that Expats are being employed to replace the sacked nationals.
Are you saying one person can receive up to 35 mil monthly?

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Tylerdan(m): 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
This author sef no source abi Exxonmobil don follow Pay u. Banks in the house have u seen that kind of transaction 6% of their staff make them stop this false story joke. Even world bank will not off hire me with 150million. If 10 employees collect 200mill is that not 2billion abeg exxonmobil is lying. [/b]Make them employee me to help them lie better lie[b]
I see some gullible folks showcasing there ignorance. If they off hire people with that kinda money who go remain to work the work. Will the federal government that pays for 60% of the salary not arrest all the employees for fraud

Abeg Nairalanders think before u write
Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by Jays2: 9:53am On Dec 20, 2016
TheAlchemist:
This is a fantastic payout package, people in the house are forgetting that the sacked employees would also have access to what is saved with their various pension fund managers, the money from their severance package combined with funds with their pension fund manager would truly be staggering!

Pension, gratuities and even personal savings by employee were added in figure published in the dailies. The actual severance pay by Company is probably about a third of the figure.
Re: Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees by finesthaykay(m): 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
Why wait for 2-30days to double your bitcoin.When u can double it up in 40hrs and Make 5% of ur capital every hour.You can withdraw hourly https://stancebit.com/?ref=Finesthaykay 08031558701 Still paying

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected / Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. / Peter Obi Needs His Own Labour Party At National Assembly - Obi Aguocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.