Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Have Joy In Spreading The Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have Joy In Spreading The Word (490 Views)

Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God / I Don’t Know What To Do, Christianity Is Fast Spreading In My Country: / Before Narrating And Spreading News, Verify! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have Joy In Spreading The Word by yommyuk: 6:08am On Dec 19, 2016
Jesus calls us to be His witnesses. When some Christians hear this, they worry that they need exceptional skill or charisma in order to explain the good news to others. Yet to witness is not merely to share the plan of salvation with someone. The word literally means “to see, hear, or know by personal presence and perception; testify to; bear witness; give or afford evidence of.” When John wrote that he was sharing what he had experienced first-hand, he was saying, “I am full of joy because of the experience of knowing Jesus, and I want to invite you to share in that joy.”

When you’re in love with someone, you are excited about the relationship and time spent together. Likewise, when you’re in love with Jesus, you can’t keep to yourself the joy that comes from knowing Him—it just spills over, bearing witness and strengthening other believers. In fact, as you give testimony of who God is and how He’s working in your life, it makes no difference whether you speak quietly or with great exuberance. In their spirit, others will pick up on the deep, genuine gladness in your heart that goes beyond natural happiness. And people who don’t yet know the Lord will find themselves hungering for the joy you have. In that way, they will be drawn to His Spirit in you.

Witnessing is not a matter of eloquence or talent; it’s an overflow of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. As you allow the Holy Spirit to increasingly express His life and power through you, contagious joy will be the fruit of His indwelling presence.

Exodus 4:10-12
But Moses said to the Lord, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.” Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.”

1 Corinthians 2:1-8
And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. ...

1 Corinthians 2:13
And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 1:17
For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

1 Timothy 4:13
Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.

Mark 1:15
And saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Prayer For Nigeria / Deliverance From Eating In Dreams / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 29/12/2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.