Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. (34357 Views)

Police Ban Use Of Covered Vehicle Number Plate Across Nigeria / Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? / HAHAHA And LOL Number Plates: Nigerian Cars Laughing At Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by AutoJoshNG: 11:53am On Dec 19, 2016
With the rate Lagos State is evolving.. you could be left in the dark ages if you waste an extra second blinking your eyes.

A new website has just been launched in Lagos State. It is called Motor Vehicle Registration Search. This website will help verify vehicle number plates..

You would think it only works for Lagos number plates ,but I was surprised when the details of my Abuja number popped up like magic.

Nice one from Akinwunmi Ambode and his team.

Check yours here... http://www.lsmvaapvs.org/ and tell us what you think...

Don't forget to share with your family and friends.

https://autojosh.com/verify-vehicle-number-plates/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by chocolateme(f): 11:54am On Dec 19, 2016
OK good

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Okundaye4(m): 11:59am On Dec 19, 2016
Nice move in the right direction

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by afroniger: 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2016
Kudos Ambode/Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Lazyreporta(m): 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
grin

Time for lasu to return my car

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
I think it's a good idea but one thing they didn't consider is information security. I just googled up a number plate for a Nigerian used car and guess what, I know the person's full name. This means that once you want to know somebody's name, the only thing you need to know is the car's number plate. . . Let's hope scammers, fraudsters and terrorists won't start taking advantage of this.

Only authorized personnel like Traffic Police, LASTMA, FRSC and VIO should have access to that portal.

Even the Nigerian Army and other security outfits in the country do not consider this. Anyone can download the list of newly recruited soldiers in the Nigerian military. . . Na wa o!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by AngelicBeing: 12:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
Eko ni baje cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Danfuster(m): 12:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
I'm so lost for words with Lagos state. honestly, one could get an orgasm from the wonderment of this state.
#Eko o ni baje

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Bantino(m): 12:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
Nice

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by morbeta(m): 12:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
Lagos is enjoying the taxation system designed by Ambode. without doubt he will transform LAGOS to a world class city in 8yrs. Nice one my GOVERNOR.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by blackaxe78: 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
Wilie Obiano has signed the MOU in Anambra grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by fratermathy(m): 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
I hope it wasn't built with 50 million this time?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by 2rutalk1: 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
My former car plate number is still displaying my full name, whereas the buyer has changed the vehicle documents to his name. I hope I am safe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Fadamant: 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
And what will you do when you find out that your vehicle number plate is fake, after going through the normal procedure to get it from FRSC?
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Atiku2019: 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
Lagos a Country inside Nigeria smiley

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by nextprince: 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
God bless Lagos state
God bless The Fed Rep of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Amabeast: 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
fratermathy:
I hope it wasn't built with 50 million this time?
I know a comment like this was going to come up

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by adioolayi(m): 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
Are you coming to Lagos Make sure you've got all necessary papers... genuine ones.. else your car will do Christmas for VIO, FRSC, or LASTMA office

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by adioolayi(m): 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
2rutalk1:
My former car plate number is still displaying my full name, whereas the buyer has changed the vehicle documents to his name. I hope I am safe.

Car Plate is your personal property... the buyer suppose get new plate.... any wahala with this car, you will be responsible for it

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by 2rutalk1: 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2016
adioolayi:

Car Plate is your personal property... the buyer suppose get new plate.... any wahala with this car, you will be responsible for it
Tanx. I will retrieve it ASAP
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by YhungPablo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
when I get home.
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
The site Name is MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTERATION SEARCH.

Not Lagos state motor.......

How do we know it was done by lagos state?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by NigerDeltan(m): 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
grin
Another 78m don go be that

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by DelTel(m): 12:14pm On Dec 19, 2016
2rutalk1:

Its erroneous to think a plate number can be changed to another name; a plate number is tied to a driver's license and not the car. Its dubious (possibly a crime) to try to change details of an issued plate number.

You can either discontinue the use of the plate number or get the plate number back to forestall stories that touch in future o.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by seunny4lif(m): 12:20pm On Dec 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin angry
Nice one but make the thing no crash grin grin
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by checkolatunji: 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
blackberlin:
I think it's a good idea but one thing they didn't consider is information security. I just googled up a number plate for a Nigerian used car and guess what, I know the person's full name. This means that once you want to know somebody's name, the only thing you need to know is the car's number plate. . . Let's hope scammers, fraudsters and terrorists won't start taking advantage of this.

Only authorized personnel like Traffic Police, LASTMA, FRSC and VIO should have access to that portal.

Even the Nigerian Army and other security outfits in the country do not consider this. Anyone can download the list of newly recruited soldiers in the Nigerian military. . . Na wa o!

Good observation, I hope somebody could convene the observation to the appropriate authority

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by AZeD1(m): 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
blackberlin:

They didn't think it through.
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by slimfit1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
So funny how Lagos uses all these programmes to collect money. I see a lot of cars and trucks that shouldn't be on the road even police vehicles with no light, you begin to imagine how we have smart looking government officials with ties and suit looking so professional yet can't come up with better standard for the state, it seems all they are good at is just funds extraction from the masses.

I'm talking about MOT the police in Lagos stop people for! I'm talking about the fire services that don't turn up to put up fire. APC government is just a show off ! Fashola and Ambode are quick to make people they are performing but when you look at the work done there is no substance at all. whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.

what is the meaning of MOT ? A compulsory annual test for safety and exhaust emissions of motor vehicles of more than a specified age. 'But first they are all having to undergo tough MOT tests to check they are roadworthy.'

However, everything in Nigeria is open for abuse, even common sense is not excluded. Everybody in Lagos state think they are smarter than other state I don't know why.
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Kobicove(m): 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
This is a duplication

FRSC already has a website for verifying number plates undecided
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by shine12: 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
Name of vehicle owner should not be on the list.If a fraudster knows your name and your car plate number then you've helped him/her solve 50% of the problem of defrauding you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Drives His Benz G-wagon To 215 Countries Over 26 Years Covering 900,000KM / Meet The New Mercedes E-class Cabriolet – Amazing / Okada Rider's Head Bursts Open As He Collides With Containers In Lagos (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.