Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. (34364 Views)

Police Ban Use Of Covered Vehicle Number Plate Across Nigeria / Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? / HAHAHA And LOL Number Plates: Nigerian Cars Laughing At Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Sanuzi(m): 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2016
good
AutoJoshNG:
With the rate Lagos State is evolving.. you could be left in the dark ages if you waste an extra second blinking your eyes.

A new website has just been launched in Lagos State. It is called Motor Vehicle Registration Search. This website will help verify vehicle number plates..

You would think it only works for Lagos number plates ,but I was surprised when the details of my Abuja number popped up like magic.

Nice one from Akinwunmi Ambode and his team.

Check yours here... http://www.lsmvaapvs.org/ and tell us what you think...

Don't forget to share with your family and friends.

https://autojosh.com/verify-vehicle-number-plates/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by hirety(f): 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2016
I have tried it severally but it keeps telling me invalid details if when I tried with nos of 3 different cars
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by shedy03(m): 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
creating more confusion in an already more confused society.
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by 2rutalk1: 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
hirety:
I have tried it severally but it keeps telling me invalid details if when I tried with nos of 3 different cars
Don't give space in-between the alphabets and numbers. e.g AKD234LU

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by czaratwork: 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
One of the triads of Information security is breached. Confidentiality. This should be on a need to know basis.
blackberlin:
I think it's a good idea but one thing they didn't consider is information security. I just googled up a number plate for a Nigerian used car and guess what, I know the person's full name. This means that once you want to know somebody's name, the only thing you need to know is the car's number plate. . . Let's hope scammers, fraudsters and terrorists won't start taking advantage of this.

Only authorized personnel like Traffic Police, LASTMA, FRSC and VIO should have access to that portal.

Even the Nigerian Army and other security outfits in the country do not consider this. Anyone can download the list of newly recruited soldiers in the Nigerian military. . . Na wa o!
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by HQuadreal: 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
That cool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by RasheedUmar: 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
Nice one. But I don't think it's for Lagos vehicles only because I just checked for one vehicle plate number registered in Ogun State and it worked.
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by franklynsunny(m): 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
Wow
Crazy n fast
Ride on
I jus check n it brought out all my details
Jesus
Gud work

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by darelar(m): 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
nice initiative, I just confirm my car now.
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by juliusocean(m): 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2016
My plate number says invalid wtf angry
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by mailingdgreat: 12:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
2rutalk1:
My former car plate number is still displaying my full name, whereas the buyer has changed the vehicle documents to his name. I hope I am safe.
Same applies to me
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by hirety(f): 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
2rutalk1:
Don't give space in-between the alphabets and numbers. e.g AKD234LU
Thanks a lot,it really worked that way.
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by nkemma54(m): 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
nice step in the right direction. now we can have police patrol teams searching for your details before pulling you over. helpful in identifying stolen cars. now all we need now is our own LSPD (lagos state police department)

AutoJoshNG:
With the rate Lagos State is evolving.. you could be left in the dark ages if you waste an extra second blinking your eyes.

A new website has just been launched in Lagos State. It is called Motor Vehicle Registration Search. This website will help verify vehicle number plates..

You would think it only works for Lagos number plates ,but I was surprised when the details of my Abuja number popped up like magic.

Nice one from Akinwunmi Ambode and his team.

Check yours here... http://www.lsmvaapvs.org/ and tell us what you think...

Don't forget to share with your family and friends.

https://autojosh.com/verify-vehicle-number-plates/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by princejones(m): 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2016
Great,though the owners name should not be expose
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
Meanwhile visit http://engineerosaz..com/2016/12/current-labour-rates-in-nigeria.html to see the current labour rates and latest prices of all building materials in the construction industry.

Best of luck on your projects!
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Toosure70: 1:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
I STAND WITH JAGABAN

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Toosure70: 1:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
Kobicove:
This is a duplication
FRSC already has a website for verifying number plates undecided
and so what?
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by yeko68: 1:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
Excellent, Lagos always the pacesetter.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Kiakia(m): 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
Under Ambode, Lagos State is evolving into a country within a country.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Tinkinguy(m): 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
This is nonsense,
They should terminate this broad of information leakage immediately, in-steady of working to keep the society safely, they are given more lifeline to miscreants to operate with full alacrity.

This is pure information security breach and should not be supported by any sane person.
The much they could have displayed should have been just the name of vehicle and license validity upon search with the plate number, shikina
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by UuzbaGuuzba: 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
AZeD1:

They didn't think it through.
They have a similar site in UK. In fact, I'm sure that's what we copied. The UK site does warn you to only check your own number plate and not other's. I think they can get you PC IP address if you start messing up and land you in court with evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by UuzbaGuuzba: 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tinkinguy:
This is nonsense,
They should terminate this broad of information leakage immediately, in-steady of working to keep the society safely, they are given more lifeline to miscreants to operate with full alacrity.

This is pure information security breach and should not be supported by any sane person.
The much they could have displayed should have been just the name of vehicle and license validity upon search with the plate number, shikina
The UK version of this site shows home address as well as name and car model. I once owned a car in UK some 10 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Tinkinguy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
The UK version of this site shows home address as well as name and car model. I once owned a car in UK some 10 years ago.

Well that's UK, here is Nigeria, where any thing goes.....
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by AZeD1(m): 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
They have a similar site in UK. In fact, I'm sure that's what we copied. The UK site does warn you to only check your own number plate and not other's. I think they can get you PC IP address if you start messing up and land you in court with evidence.

I doubt if they(LASG) would bother to check if people abuse the site and with the rate of Kidnapping, you sure don't want to start giving people's information out like that.
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by etenyong(m): 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
This is very good but displaying d owner's full name is what i don't like. Some one can just use ur car number plate to know ur full details. They should had think of this. Pls they should do some thing about it. Seeing my full name displaying give me reason to worry.
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Belvinho(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
I don't think this thing works. Everything I've searched has been invalid even when its valid on NVIS has returned valid.
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by willibounce1(m): 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2016
The site is malfunctioning. It gives you a result at first trial and 2nd trial it says invalid
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by playtheblues(f): 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
How much?......wait let me ask Fashola
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Huskyfrancis(m): 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
Create healthy revenue streams with your cars![b][/b]

You need to read this if:

You have cars 2006 model and above in your garage and you still complain of being broke. You can make as huge as forty thousand naira (40,000) weekly.

You don’t have a job but you still have access to a car 2006 model and above. You can make as huge as hundred thousand naira (100,000) weekly.

You have valid driver’s license and you need a decent private driving job that flexible and rewarding. You can make as huge as Fifty Thousand Naira (50,000)

You are traveling on vacation and you want your cars to make decent money for you back at home.

You have access to cars and you don’t know how to turn them to revenue. You can join us to make decent revenues from your opportunities.

You live abroad and you want to invest in Nigeria, our platform is transparent enough as you can track your weekly earning and get paid weekly.

Krit Balsa Intercontinental Limited runs a fleet management services that provide solutions to the challenges the investors in transportation business face in Nigeria. Our platform with Uber Nigeria is transparent, flexible and sustainable. You can track your investment and be certain you are covered.

We also provide services for those who are having challenges onboarding with Uber either as a driver or as a car owner. In 3 working days, we will onboard your cars.

Talk to Folu:
Mobile/WhatsApp: 08038243730
Email: folu_mgtwworld@yahoo.com
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2016
juliusocean:
My plate number says invalid wtf angry
same here, the 2 cars I checked showed invalid ooo
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by teabully(m): 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
Mine is sayin invalid
Re: Lagos State Launches New Website To Verify Vehicle Number Plates.. by mikkyphp(m): 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
2rutalk1:
My former car plate number is still displaying my full name, whereas the buyer has changed the vehicle documents to his name. I hope I am safe.
The number plate belongs to you, and will bear your name forever. if you sell your car, the new owner cannot adopt your number plate, even if change of ownership is done. you can use your number plate on other cars. so confirm, it is most likely he maintained the registration of the car in your name.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Drives His Benz G-wagon To 215 Countries Over 26 Years Covering 900,000KM / 50 Awkward Customized Number Plates Spotted On The Road / Meet The New Mercedes E-class Cabriolet – Amazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.