Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) (27680 Views)

Anambra Commissioner Of Works & Federal Controller Visit 2nd Niger Bridge- PIX / Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge / Anambra Residents Commend Buhari On 2nd Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by ayolatun(m): 8:15pm On Dec 19, 2016
No construction pictures or even men at work pictures? 8
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by Iolo(m): 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
balosunky:
The same company he gave lagos-ibadan expressway is also handling it. The point is why has work not started if truely he had the bridge in mind when he was in power

True.
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by IamThrive(m): 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
So why is the inspection coming the period Buhari is expected to be in the South-east?
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by gtrust: 3:08am On Dec 20, 2016
Thanks for the reply!
I was beginning to wonder if I was seeing double!!!

Whynotthetruth:

How old are you? Ignoring most of these APC nitwits seems most veritable option...

Was Jonathan president in 2016? Even your link is dated 31st March 2014 showing same project..

Aside that , several videos of work on the site under Jonathan is online including NL here...

Have you ever crossed your village to any other region in Nigeria outside SW? All these little minds that believe Nigeria began in Shagamu and ended in badagry sef sad

APCmyheart:

OMG you can lie for Africa i swear, You mean GEJ started 2nd Niger Bridge? I can't believe that..

You mean the contract he awarded in March 31st 2016?

http://dailypost.ng/2014/03/31/importers-happy-award-2nd-niger-bridge-contract-julius-berger/

check the date in the link..
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2016
obailala:

Firstly by mentioning Prof Kperogi's comments on this unrelated issue, this is typically what happens when emotions take over objectivity. FYI, your own distortion of facts is equally nauseating because I only pointed out a consistent error which you made by your insistence that the last government had paid off the FULL counterpart funds for the bridge. I am waiting for you to tell me I am wrong by also providing proof that the last administration paid 100% counterpart funding for the bridge. Here's a little report proving that the counterpart fund hasn't been completed even as at August 2015, so I'm wondering what you've been blabbing about and insulting me of being irritating.
http://guardian.ng/news/nigeria/fg-disburses-n18-3b-counterpart-funds-for-second-niger-bridge/

Regarding whether the current government has made any payment for this project, I have no proof that any money has been paid but it is a known fact that somewhere around N17 was budgeted for the project in the 2016 budget. Whether the budgeted funds have been released is unknown, but funds wouldn't have been budgeted if GEJ had paid it off as you keep insisting.
http://punchng.com/n350bn-package-lagos-ibadan-expressway-2nd-niger-bridge-to-benefit/

The point I made is simple and I still insist on it, if the current government chooses to abandon those projects, they will abandon them. This isn't the first time in Nigeria's history we've seen administrations abandoning major projects started by predecessors even with huge losses to resources. Wake up and smell the coffee, we are in Nigeria not some developed or ideal society, stop thinking naively.

Did you just say that Onitsha-Enugu road has been half-done by GEJ??... May God just forgive you! I challenge you to go make this statement on before commuters and drivers who ply that route regularly.

The point being made is that Jonathan spent 5 years and earned the highest revenue/income than any other Nigerian leader, but his only achievements for the SE are promises and 'ground breaking' ceremonies for projects which little or zero funds were released for. But you think Jonathan is a saint and Buhari who just started 18months ago (and who is leading at a time of depression with greatly reduced income) is a devil?.... And with this sort of mentality you actually think someone else is a fanatic?... undecided

Nnaa, good morning... I wish you Buhari cheesy gringrin Nah joke O

1)I called your attention to Prof Kperogi article who was a more informed Buhari supporter than you; but who sincerely accepted that the recession you use daily as excuse here including in your reply of me here,was caused by Buhari and is being worsened by him too... Meaning were do you get your motivation & facts from if all renowned economists & apolitical opinion leaders from Prof Soludo etc have attributed this wahala to Buhari except obailala sad Who does that if not a fanatic without common sense.

2) The company building this project is to pay for it 100% and recoup their investment over 25year period. Nigeria government according to agreement or advice from consultant was to provide ONLY REFUNDABLE 30billion of which Jonathan paid over 18billion (over 60%) to catalyse or speed up the project...

3) Buhari has NOT made any financial commitment to any project in southeast... including 2nd Niger bridge that involves Southeast and South-South. The bridge connects two regions equally but folks mischievously refer to only Southeast to mock her...

4)I get your point... Buhari can abandon the project just like he did in Lagos in 1983/4 for metro rail at a huge cost that would seen completion of project. He loves to repeat history just like he's given us recession now same fit he achieved in 1983/4. Let him go on!!!

5)Amen...but I don't peddle lies like most of you...and worst of all, you guys rarely leave your enclave. I stated even portions that have been done under Jonathan administration on that road. Travel and See bro wink Obiano has asked for PPP for remaining portion but the bigots refused to approve so far . What a bunch!!!

6) What's title of this thread again? Who and what brought Jonathan in? Is he president? The obsession of SW with Jonathan and Igbo cum their hatred for the duo won't allow them think straight. What did OBJ achieve for SW in 8years? Do they despise him as much as they despise the man who had highest volume of visible projects in SW? What prompted same bunch to protest against subsidy removal under Jonathan and support it under Buhari if not hate and bigotry? Who lost at the end? is it in Southeast that pots of soup are being stolen? gringringrin and states converted to IDP camps with meagre 50million as allocation after claiming their GDP alone is greater than entire Southeast combined GDP and mortgaging their future to over 35years with debts? grin gringrin Btw how much was crude under OBJ vis a vis Buhari? What's volume of naira available to them since we run naira economy? OBJ NEVER had half the amount available to Buhari. It is for this reason I referred you to Prof Kperogi article just as I referred you to some BBC published articles and Soludo article in the past yet you still spit trash sad What has Buhari achieved in 2,years of ruling Nigeria aside the helipad in daura and frustration of Nigerians?

Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by obailala(m): 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Nnaa, good morning... I wish you Buhari cheesy gringrin Nah joke O

1)I called your attention to Prof Kperogi article who was a more informed Buhari supporter than you; but who sincerely accepted that the recession you use daily was excuse here including in your reply of me,was caused by Buhari and is being worsened by him too... Meaning were do you get your motivation & facts from if all renowned economists from Prof Soludo etc have attributed this wahala to Buhari except obailala sad Who does that if not a fanatic without common sense.
I asked you pertinent questions but out of emotions you jumped into 'other issues' by shouting Prof Kperogi. That was typical a sign of emotions taking the front seat instead of objectiveness. For the recession, there are acts of Buhari that 'worsened the recession, but saying Buhari singlehandedly caused the recession is another emotional bullcrap. Nigeria was accelerating downwards into recession as at the time Buhari took over, there are FACTS and FIGURES to prove that and I can give you clear breakdowns if you need them. Only hardcore jonathanian fanatics (without common sense) still find this fact impossible to comprehend or agree that Nigeria was already in a mess when it was handed over to the new govt. The intelligent commentators (e.g. Soludo) who blamed buhari only did so because Buhari as the president is expected to get Nigeria out of the mess but he is failing to do so even as the nation keeps sinking further. Go and re-read the analysis of Soludo, and this time read beyond just the title.

2) The company building this project is to pay for it 100% and recoup their investment over 25year period. Nigeria government according to agreement or advice from consultant was to provide ONLY REFUNDABLE 30billion of which Jonathan paid over 18billion (over 60%) to catalyse or speed up the project...
Hallelluia!.... he has now agreed that Jonathan didn't paid 100%, CASE CLOSED!!! This was the only point I wanted to correct in your earlier comments but you chose to drag this argument into needless long epistles.

3) Buhari has NOT made any financial commitment to any project in southeast... including 2nd Niger bridge that involves Southeast and South-South. The bridge connects two regions equally but folks mischievously refer to only Southeast to mock her...
Out of N1.8trillion meant for capital projects, only just about N700bn has been realised and released so far in 2016 due to revenue shortfall. Hopefully some more would be released before the 'budget year' runs out.

Secondly, nobody tries to mock the SE by saying the 2nd NB belongs to the SE, that is another needless and pointless paranoid assumption. The last time I checked, it is not a hidden fact that the 2nd N-bridge is more beneficial to S-Easterners who suffer major traffic crisis especially during festive seasons and it is mainly south-easterners that have laid claim to the Niger bridge. It is the SE that has clamoured and lobbied for this bridge for ages. So how come you now interpret it as an insult or mockery if someone classifies the bridge as a SE project?... This is just a divisive opinion created and peddled by person's who are desperate to create further disaffection by inciting unbothered south-easterners into a needless conflict with other Nigerians; only shallow minds will fall for this absolutely meaningless bait.

4)I get your point... Buhari can abandon the project just like he did in Lagos in 1983/4 for metro rail at a huge cost that would seen completion of project. He loves to repeat history just like he's given us recession now same fit he achieved in 1983/4. Let him go on!!!
Oh yes, your anti-buhari genes are very dominant here. But may I remind you that Buhari isn't the first Nigerian leader that has abandoned a project leading to a waste of the already invested resources. Every single Nigerian leader is guilty of that.

5)Amen...but I don't peddle lies like most of you...and worst of all, you guys rarely leave your enclave. I stated even portions that have been done under Jonathan administration on that road. Travel and See bro wink Obiano has asked for PPP for remaining portion but the bigots refused to approve so far . What a bunch!!!
You don't peddle lies but you just recently claimed that Goodluck Jonathan has fixed half of the Onitsha-Enugu road. And with this sort of wonderful personality, you dare to call someone else a fanatic?

6) What's title of this thread again? Who and what brought Jonathan in? Is he president? The obsession of SW with Jonathan and Igbo cum their hatred for the duo won't allow them think straight. What did OBJ achieve for SW in 8years? Do they despise him as much as they despise the man who had highest volume of visible projects? What prompted same bunch to protest against subsidy removal under Jonathan and support it under Buhari if not hate and bigotry? Who lost at the end? is it in Southeast that pots of soup are being stolen? gringringrin and states converted to IDP camps? gringrin Btw how much was crude under OBJ vis a vis Buhari? What's volume of naira available to them since we run naira economy? OBJ NEVER had half the amount available to Buhari. It is for this reason I referred you to Prof Kperogi article just as I referred you to some BBC published articles and Soludo article in the past yet you still spit trash sad What has Buhari achieved in 2,years of ruling Nigeria aside the helipad in daura and frustration of Nigerians?
Firstly, you were the one who brought Jonathan into this thread by blatantly lying that Jonathan had paid off 100% of the FG's counterpart fund for the project. Of course you did it to deceive your fellow Jonathanian fanatics and you received your due reward in the form of several lousy 'likes'. One annoying thing about you Jonathanians is that you always bring up stories of the past (about how GEJ was a god and saint) but when you get a commensurate response deflating your lies, you begin to wail about how apc or buhari supporters are obsessed with talking about the past (GEJ). Wake up bro! you brought it upon yourself.

I was about to wonder now why you've suddenly shifted this discussion to talk about the SW and tribe etc. But then I remembered how pathetically shallow the mentality of most Nigerian youths have degenerated, thanks to tribalism. This shallowness in mentality is the only reason why a normal human would automatically assume that anybody who doesn't lick Jonathan's balls must be from the SW. Grow up boy!
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by Totti9(m): 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
all this niger delta commenting trying to tell us what we already know GEJ didn't do any thing for the east if we most say the truth we are not fools. U guys are full of hate for the igbos if not for what Buhari did in the past against us,we will not be against his government and his comments always trying to show igbos that they're nothing to him, let him do his work and his work we surely speak for him...... meanwhile Biafra 4 life
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
obailala:
I asked you pertinent questions but out of emotions you jumped into 'other issues' by shouting Prof Kperogi. That was typical a sign of emotions taking the front seat instead of objectiveness. For the recession, there are acts of Buhari that 'worsened the recession, but saying Buhari singlehandedly caused the recession is another emotional bullcrap. Nigeria was accelerating downwards into recession as at the time Buhari took over, there are FACTS and FIGURES to prove that and I can give you clear breakdowns if you need them. Only hardcore jonathanian fanatics (without common sense) still find this fact impossible to comprehend or agree that Nigeria was already in a mess when it was handed over to the new govt. The intelligent commentators (e.g. Soludo) who blamed buhari only did so because Buhari as the president is expected to get Nigeria out of the mess but he is failing to do so even as the nation keeps sinking further. Go and re-read the analysis of Soludo, and this time read beyond just the title.

Hallelluia!.... he has now agreed that Jonathan didn't paid 100%, CASE CLOSED!!! This was the only point I wanted to correct in your earlier comments but you chose to drag this argument into needless long epistles.

Out of N1.8trillion meant for capital projects, only just about N700bn has been realised and released so far in 2016 due to revenue shortfall. Hopefully some more would be released before the 'budget year' runs out.

Secondly, nobody tries to mock the SE by saying the 2nd NB belongs to the SE, that is another needless and pointless paranoid assumption. The last time I checked, it is not a hidden fact that the 2nd N-bridge is more beneficial to S-Easterners who suffer major traffic crisis especially during festive seasons and it is mainly south-easterners that have laid claim to the Niger bridge. It is the SE that has clamoured and lobbied for this bridge for ages. So how come you now interpret it as an insult or mockery if someone classifies the bridge as a SE project?... This is just a divisive opinion created and peddled by person's who are desperate to create further disaffection by inciting unbothered south-easterners into a needless conflict with other Nigerians; only shallow minds will fall for this absolutely meaningless bait.

Oh yes, your anti-buhari genes are very dominant here. But may I remind you that Buhari isn't the first Nigerian leader that has abandoned a project leading to a waste of the already invested resources. Every single Nigerian leader is guilty of that.

You don't peddle lies but you just recently claimed that Goodluck Jonathan has fixed half of the Onitsha-Enugu road. And with this sort of wonderful personality, you dare to call someone else a fanatic?

Firstly, you were the one who brought Jonathan into this thread by blatantly lying that Jonathan had paid off 100% of the FG's counterpart fund for the project. Of course you did it to deceive your fellow Jonathanian fanatics and you received your due reward in the form of several lousy 'likes'. One annoying thing about you Jonathanians is that you always bring up stories of the past (about how GEJ was a god and saint) but when you get a commensurate response deflating your lies, you begin to wail about how apc or buhari supporters are obsessed with talking about the past (GEJ). Wake up bro! you brought it upon yourself.

I was about to wonder now why you've suddenly shifted this discussion to talk about the SW and tribe etc. But then I remembered how pathetically shallow the mentality of most Nigerian youths have degenerated, thanks to tribalism. This shallowness in mentality is the only reason why a normal human would automatically assume that anybody who doesn't lick Jonathan's balls must be from the SW. Grow up boy!

1)See thread here where fellow zombies are wishing for YOUWIN against Buhari's scam copy cat program https://www.nairaland.com/3527064/boi-yes-programme-big-deceit cheesygringringrin

2)If intelligent commenters like Soludo, Kperogi, BBC said Buhari is the genesis of recession in Nigeria, who am I to listen to fanatic obailala? cheesygrin

3) Payment for SPEED UP of program is OPTIONAL. just a caveat From a leader who wants the job done and done fast... something others rejected!!! Project financing is 100% private...borrow a brain boy cheesy

4) Southeast has to wait hopefully before budget year ends...why other regions don't need such patience? bigots everywhere sad

5)I challenge you to name any leader in Nigeria that cancelled a project at a colossal financial loss to Nigeria as Buhari did? Drop name, project and cost to Nigeria cool

6) Which portion of Enugu Onitsha expressway as stated by me that was repaired or reconstructed under Jonathan administration is false? I challenge you to prove me wrong .

7) Hahahahaha...Lying is an attribute of Buhari snd supporters so I am not surprised at you. Kindly scroll through page one of this thread and see litany of vomits from your likes which made me to drop in to refute your lies. My comment wasn't even in 1st page...so how did I bring Jonathan and Southeast into the discussion or thread? Are you mentally well adjusted at all? sad

coolWhat's your state and tribe again? kindly tell...check my signature for mine wink

See ya next time cheesy
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by obailala(m): 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

1)See thread here where fellow zombies are wishing for YOUWIN against Buhari's scam copy cat program https://www.nairaland.com/3527064/boi-yes-programme-big-deceit cheesygringringrin
??

2)If intelligent commenters like Soludo, Kperogi, BBC said Buhari is the genesis of recession in Nigeria, who am I to listen to fanatic obailala? cheesygrin
Point out where Soluudo categorically stated that buhari is the genesis of Nigeria's recession or forever sharrap and gerrarrahia!

3) Payment for SPEED UP of program is OPTIONAL. just a caveat From a leader who wants the job done and done fast... something others rejected!!! Project financing is 100% private...borrow a brain boy cheesy
I even doubt a borrowed brain would work for you where yours has failed cos the background peripheral wiring appears to also be faulty. Project financing is 100% private so what is the essence of the FG's counterpart fund?.... From saying GEJ had paid 100% for the funding to now saying the project is 100% private, can't you see the effect of your poor wiring? grin tongue

4) Southeast has to wait hopefully before budget year ends...why other regions don't need such patience? bigots everywhere sad
Life na turn by turn, when the time has been completed and nothing at all is done, that's when I would confirm there's a problem. Meanwhile if I'm a bigot for being patient, what do we tag you yourself who still worships GEJ as a saint?... A man who spent 5 years and earned the highest income by any Nigerian leader but didn't do zilch for the entire SS and SE and SW and even the north (except some measly unoccupied almajiri schools which no one attends); of course his only achievement is creating billionaires out of numerous rogues, increasing the number of private jets in the country and conceding defeat after a shameful loss, that's the kind of character you endorse and worship and you blame me for joining a movement that kicked out the canker-worms.

5)I challenge you to name any leader in Nigeria that cancelled a project at a colossal financial loss to Nigeria as Buhari did? Drop name, project and cost to Nigeria cool
Do you know how many governments have abandoned the multibillion dollar Ajaokuta steel plant to rotten?... From power projects to road to rail projects across the nation, you only think the biggest abandoned project that has cost the nation money is the lagos rail because it was abandoned by Buhari?... You must love Buhari so much, clap for yourself!

6) Which portion of Enugu Onitsha expressway as stated by me that was repaired or reconstructed under Jonathan administration is false? I challenge you to prove me wrong .
Even with glaring evidence to the contrary, you still insisted that half of the onitsha-enugu road was fixed by GEJ; na only God go fit judge your matter. undecided

7) Hahahahaha...Lying is an attribute of Buhari snd supporters so I am not surprised at you. Kindly scroll through page one of this thread and see litany of vomits from your likes which made me to drop in to refute your lies. My comment wasn't even in 1st page...so how did I bring Jonathan and Southeast into the discussion or thread? Are you mentally well adjusted at all? sad
You shamelessly still insist that GEJ fixed half of onitsha enugu road yet you have the effrontery to accuse others of lying or of fanaticism?... Wonderful!... Obviously your case isn't even a case of normal lying because it seems you actually believe the opata that you've been spewing. That your question of mental balance should rightly be directed to you.

coolWhat's your state and tribe again? kindly tell...check my signature for mine wink

See ya next time cheesy
Tribalism ruins your mentality and makes one reason like a piece of trash.... I don't need to know your tribe and you don't need to know mine.
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
obailala:
??

Point out where Soluudo categorically stated that buhari is the genesis of Nigeria's recession or forever sharrap and gerrarrahia!

I even doubt a borrowed brain would work for you where yours has failed cos the background peripheral wiring appears to also be faulty. Project financing is 100% private so what is the essence of the FG's counterpart fund?.... From saying GEJ had paid 100% for the funding to now saying the project is 100% private, can't you see the effect of your poor wiring? grin tongue

Life na turn by turn, when the time has been completed and nothing at all is done, that's when I would confirm there's a problem. Meanwhile if I'm a bigot for being patient, what do we tag you yourself who still worships GEJ as a saint?... A man who spent 5 years and earned the highest income by any Nigerian leader but didn't do zilch for the entire SS and SE and SW and even the north (except some measly unoccupied almajiri schools which no one attends); of course his only achievement is creating billionaires out of numerous rogues, increasing the number of private jets in the country and conceding defeat after a shameful loss, that's the kind of character you endorse and worship and you blame me for joining a movement that kicked out the canker-worms.

Do you know how many governments have abandoned the multibillion dollar Ajaokuta steel plant to rotten?... From power projects to road to rail projects across the nation, you only think the biggest abandoned project that has cost the nation money is the lagos rail because it was abandoned by Buhari?... You must love Buhari so much, clap for yourself!

Even with glaring evidence to the contrary, you still insisted that half of the onitsha-enugu road was fixed by GEJ; na only God go fit judge your matter. undecided

You shamelessly still insist that GEJ fixed half of onitsha enugu road yet you have the effrontery to accuse others of lying or of fanaticism?... Wonderful!... Obviously your case isn't even a case of normal lying because it seems you actually believe the opata that you've been spewing. That your question of mental balance should rightly be directed to you.

Tribalism ruins your mentality and makes one reason like a piece of trash.... I don't need to know your tribe and you don't need to know mine.

It seems you love the sound of your voice even when you are not making sense...

For you to say that Enugu Onitsha expressway isn't done to some extent already under Jonathan administration shows that it is either that you are mentally challenged or you re schizophrenic....What a celebration of ignorance and arrogance sad

...being done through the Public Private Partnership (PPP) and managed by our Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF). ...that the Second Niger Bridge was a Public Private Partnership project being executed on the Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer model

Goodnight!!!
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by obailala(m): 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

It seems you love the sound of your voice even when you are not making sense...

For you to say that Enugu Onitsha expressway isn't done to some extent already under Jonathan administration shows that it is either that you are mentally challenged or you re schizophrenic....What a celebration of ignorance and arrogance sad

Goodnight!!!
Lol... Wonderful kind of characters one gets to meet online everyday. What exactly is the meaning of that text you quoted there and how was that supposed to support your argument?.... You claimed the project was paid for fully by GEJ, then I proved you wrong with evidence and you then agreed reluctantly that GEJ had actually paid only 60%. And then after a while, just like the Gambian president (Yammeh), you made a U-turn claiming that the project is 100% private financed. And when I pointed out your confusion, you pasted a quote which stated that the project is a PPP, but you obviously aren't able to still explain how it being a PPP exempts the FG and makes it 100% private. Confusion galore!

Meanwhile why dont you go to the middle of one of the numerous gullies that have laced the onitsha enugu road and tell commuters that GEJ has done the road to some extent?... Okay sorry I forgot, after GEJ built half of the road (as part of the 25,000km of roads deluded folks claim his administration built), Pa Buhari came in and used shovels to destrot the roads again.
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:24pm On Dec 20, 2016
obailala:
Lol... Wonderful kind of characters one gets to meet online everyday. What exactly is the meaning of that text you quoted there and how was that supposed to support your argument?.... You claimed the project was paid for fully by GEJ, then I proved you wrong with evidence and you then agreed reluctantly that GEJ had actually paid only 60%. And then after a while, just like the Gambian president (Yammeh), you made a U-turn claiming that the project is 100% private financed. And when I pointed out your confusion, you pasted a quote which stated that the project is a PPP, but you obviously aren't able to still explain how it being a PPP exempts the FG and makes it 100% private. Confusion galore!

Meanwhile why dont you go to the middle of one of the numerous gullies that have laced the onitsha enugu road and tell commuters that GEJ has done the road to some extent?... Okay sorry I forgot, after GEJ built half of the road (as part of the 25,000km of roads deluded folks claim his administration built), Pa Buhari came in and used shovels to destrot the roads again.

Sincerely, you are irritating me ...For the benefit of any innocent soul that may be reading this...

1)2nd Niger bridge is PPP project but with a provision according to advice of consultant to FG to provide 30billion SPEED UP or Cataclysmic fund which is to be REFUNDABLE...This is to ensure FAST completion and delivery of project within timeframe stipulated(48months)...

2) Jonathan according to available records has paid OVER 18.7billion of this speed up refundable fund...which is over 60-70% ...Part of payment was sourced from Sure-p though project is under management of SWF which has over $2billion as invested by Jonathan administration too...

3)The company has to design, build, finance, manage this project for 25years before handing over to FG...to recoup their investment. Meaning cost of construction is 100% their headache...and they will recover their money by putting tollgates on the road for 25years...before handing it back to government.

4) Finally, Enugu Onitsha expressway runs from Niger bridge to Enugu metropolis. Onitsha end has been fully reconstructed till around Nkwelle Ezunaka under Jonathan administration...Also, Awka axis has been reconstructed too under Jonathan administration... Obiano who's Anambra state Governor is seeking for FG approval to use PPP to finish up the remaining portions(Awkuzu axis, Amansea to 9th mile corner axis)...So far, Buhari is yet to grant approval...why? I don't know...
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by obailala(m): 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Sincerely, you are irritating me ...For the benefit of any innocent soul that may be reading this...

1)2nd Niger bridge is PPP project but with a provision according to advice of consultant to FG to provide 30billion SPEED UP or Cataclysmic fund which is to be REFUNDABLE...This is to ensure FAST completion and delivery of project within timeframe stipulated(48months)...

2) Jonathan according to available records has paid OVER 18.7billion of this speed up refundable fund...which is over 60-70% ...Part of payment was sourced from Sure-p though project is under management of SWF which has over $2billion as invested by Jonathan administration too...

3)The company has to design, build, finance, manage this project for 25years before handing over to FG...to recoup their investment. Meaning cost of construction is 100% their headache...and they will recover their money by putting tollgates on the road for 25years...before handing it back to government.

4) Finally, Enugu Onitsha expressway runs from Niger bridge to Enugu metropolis. Onitsha end has been fully reconstructed till around Nkwelle Ezunaka under Jonathan administration...Also, Awka axis has been reconstructed too under Jonathan administration... Obiano who's Anambra state Governor is seeking for FG approval to use PPP to finish up the remaining portions(Awkuzu axis, Amansea to 9th mile corner axis)...So far, Buhari is yet to grant approval...why? I don't know...
If we are to go back to the fons et origo of our back and forth argument, you claimed GEJ had fully paid off the FG's N30bn share / counterpart fund for the 2nd Niger bridge. I simply pointed out your error, but instead of you to honourably accept correction and move on (or even just ignore me), out of your desperation to paint Uncle Jo as a saint, you converted a simple correction to a needless back and forth debate. And you actually feel I don't feel irritated by these your needless rants and epistles?... Who cares if the private investors will pay back the FG it's counterpart fund after 25 years?... The facts of the matter is simple and straightforward, the agreement is for the FG to provide N30bn while private investors provide the remainder for the project to be executed.
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
... Great development. Kudos to GEJ for sincerely initiating this awesome project and well done to PMB for his magnanimity to seeing that this project is completed. Government is a continuum.
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by maxzzo1(m): 11:40am On Dec 21, 2016
Bolustic:
Why are they inspecting what GEJ has commissioned long before May 29, 2015?
Fool der is a diff between flag off and commissioing....
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by oganology33(m): 4:24pm On Dec 21, 2016
AroOkigbo:
Nice
Poster below me didn't read the article.

Imagine starting with...
"One of the numerous GEJ scams to the South East being brought to reality by the hated Northerner"

INSPECTION

And u obviously ddnt get the sarcasm.
Re: Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) by juman(m): 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2016
Where is the over talked lagos calabar railway promised by apc government.

Haulage Driver Reveals He Transported Saraki’s Range Rover from His Ikoyi Home / Dapo Abiodun: Ogun State Has Highest Number Of Yahoo Yahoo Boys / 4 Hurdles Zamafara Governor-Elect Dauda Lawal Scaled To Unseat Matawalle

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133