Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) (26168 Views)

Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) / Diezani Alison-Madueke At An African Store In London Today? (Photos) / Amosun Commissions $100m Factory(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by Swahili0(f): 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
d
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by 2shur: 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
worlds largest consumers nigeria has done it again....malls malls malls.

another olosho joint loading.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by holysainbj(m): 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
gift01:
The funds spended were spended to boost the economy of Ogun state
exactly my brother....and even *spended* it to helped Ogun grin
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by deolu2000(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
"Majority of the products on the shelf are local products" na so Mr gov. So na aso oke or kampala attaire them they sell abi na lafun flour or beans cake (adun)? Continue lying ooo
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by Nigeriatraining: 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
I'm tired of having Shoprite as the leading stores in our malls.

It has gotten to the extent that people now brand nigerian malls as Shoprite it is wrong. It is called Ikeja City Mall and not Shoprite, It is not called Leisure Mall(Surulere Mall) and not Shoppy and so on and so forth.

What's wrong if we have Adide stores, Just Rite stores leading in these malls. Lets help our own products

1 Like

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by mowapa(m): 12:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
If there is no palm wine and palm oil there,it's false advertising cry

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by lastpage: 12:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
ajoo17:
The Lord will safe us in this country. What is the importance of these malls to nation building. And what is the interest of our dear governor. What concerns the state in all these. I think it is a matter of priority being misplaced. When I heard the biggest palms store, I was thinking that it will have something to do palm trees and its associated products. Unfortunately, it is not.

Instead of him to be commissioning MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES, he is commissioning Retail Store that sells mostly IMPORTED PRODUCTS!
SMH for our Leaders in this country!

Lastpage!

BTW: Why are the tens of people following the Governor NOT buying anything?
Seems only the Governor has access to Government ATM.......... others are left "admiring" the goods~ grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by bigpicture001: 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
...this bad news for nigeria as a nation!
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by 1wolex85: 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nigeriatraining:
I'm tired of having Shoprite as the leading stores in our malls.

It has gotten to the extent that people now brand nigerian malls as Shoprite it is wrong. It is called Ikeja City Mall and not Shoprite, It is not called Leisure Mall(Surulere Mall) and not Shoppy and so on and so forth.

What's wrong if we have Adide stores, Just Rite stores leading in these malls. Lets help our own products

Do you stay in Dopemu?
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by platorepublic(m): 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
The proximity of this project to Lagos state and been the only shopping mall around that axis give it a more added advantage and a way of generating revenue for the state. The governor should also lease out the gateway hotel beside the mall to private investors

You can Nevers understand what the state intend to gain if you are not leaving in that axis[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by bigtt76(f): 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
Yet the government says to patronize Naija to grow the Naira grin

olaric:
Loads of malls everywhere. The ratio of malls to industries so low.
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by OBAGADAFFI: 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
PresidentElect1:

"The Financier of the project, Mr Tayo Amusan"
That's not foreign name o.

Is Shoprite a Nigerian chain-store?

The way Governors are commissioning shoprites stores left and right shows, they have got stakes in the business.
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by psalmsjob: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
wristbangle:
I have mixed feelings for this commissioning because these retail stores will kill growth of local business, so I don't see how it will boost economy rather the revenue/ gains goes to pocket of foreign investors.

Meanwhile another one is presently ongoing at Abeokuta (Olumo mall) as it may outclass this palm mall in terms of its size. Very huge site I must say.

Let's analyze it objectively:
1. It will create more employment in addition to those created during the construction phase.
2. It will increase VAT and TAX revenue to government.
3. I saw a section where cowbell, peak milk products are being sold and another section for bread so I don't see how it is going to kill local businesses as long as imported products are not being exclusively sold except you mean petty traders who do not really provide 1 and 2 above nor 4 below; the things that we need to get out of recession.
4. Foreign investors are not NGOs, they invest for profit. The value remains here even if they take profit back home from where they brought the huge cash.

Huge stores like this are important economic segments of advanced countries. A very reliable source of measuring consumer spending index, GDP growth rate etc. The more of such stores around the closer the consumer will get to the manufacturer price of goods. Let's embrace it.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by wristbangle: 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
psalmsjob:

Let's analyze it objectively:
1. It will create more employment in addition to those created during the construction phase.
2. It will increase VAT and TAX revenue to government.
3. I saw a section where cowbell, peak milk products are being sold and another section for bread so I don't see how it is going to kill local businesses as long as imported products are not being exclusively sold except you mean petty traders who do not really provide 1 and 2 above nor 4 below; the things that we need to get out of recession.
4. Foreign investors are not NGOs, they invest for profit. The value remains here even if they take profit back home from where they brought the huge cash.

Huge stores like this are important economic segments of advanced countries. A very reliable source of measuring consumer spending index, GDP growth rate etc. The more of such stores around the closer the consumer will get to the manufacturer price of goods. Let's embrace it.

Lovely reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by soath(m): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2016
gift01:
The funds spended were spended to boost the economy of Ogun state
You must be joking, spended?
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by KingRex1(m): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2016
My mind initially went to palms as per agriculture..
We keep promoting foreigner's investments sad

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by mascot87(m): 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
I was there yesterday & it's really a cool place to be. Just hope it will grow faster than I expect

1 Like

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by Nigeriatraining: 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
1wolex85:

Do you stay in Dopemu?

Yeah I stay in Dopemu..
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by mkoabiola: 1:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
Which area in ota is d mall located?
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by Mabelenena(f): 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
Wait o, na the whole mall the man da buy!
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by Michoolu(m): 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
When I don leave Ota, you now just dey open am.

I don dey salivate oooo.
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by 2n2k(m): 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Is Shoprite a Nigerian chain-store?

The way Governors are commissioning shoprites stores left and right shows, they have got stakes in the business.

It is the malls (owned by Nigerians) that are commissioned by the governors. Shoprite, Game, etc just happen to be anchor tenants in those malls.

Shoprite and Game stores have a policy of NOT owning the buildings they operate in.

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by OBAGADAFFI: 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
2n2k:

It is the malls (owned by Nigerians) that are commissioned by the governors. Shoprite, Game, etc just happen to be anchor tenants in those malls.

Shoprite and Game stores have a policy of NOT owning the buildings they operate in.

Yes ke!

Foreign companies don't take the risk of owning properties in Nigeria.

But the governor inside shoprite store with microphone, they didn't bother show us the full picture of the Mall.

Most of this foreign companies operating in Nigeria, are franchises own by Nigerian politicians.
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by Amanhasnoname: 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
Can anyone confirm if cinema is available?
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by Rossikki: 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
omowolewa:
These big malls in Nigeria should be made to stimulate/patronize made in Nigeria products.

If its produceable in Nigeria, no need to import it.
Have you produced anything of international standard and the mall stores refused to stock it? If not, then stop moaning.
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by Rossikki: 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
Has any of you moaners produced and packaged a product to international standards, taken it to a mall, and they refused to stock it on the basis that it was made in Nigeria? If not, kindly sharrap and stop complaining about imported goods selling there.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by Ritchiee: 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
mascot87:
I was there yesterday & it's really a cool place to be. Just hope it will grow faster than I expect

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by 1wolex85: 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nigeriatraining:

Yeah I stay in Dopemu..

no wonder
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by phillippiano(m): 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
Does it have a Cinema? ?
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by ooshinibos: 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
ajoo17:
The Lord will safe us in this country. What is the importance of these malls to nation building. And what is the interest of our dear governor. What concerns the state in all these. I think it is a matter of priority being misplaced. When I heard the biggest palms store, I was thinking that it will have something to do palm trees and its associated products. Unfortunately, it is not.

it creates Jobs !!!!!!!!!, we are moving on , the local suppliers will be able to supply the shops in the mall there produce or products if package well ...
we have malls in every other civilized country in the world ...Nigeria is moving on

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by grandstar(m): 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
VampireeM:
Gov Amosun and misplaced priorities... I dont know if him and Obj are blind. Obsanjo/Amosun should do something about idiroko rd esp from Iyana-iyesi down to Atan and Even Itele.. Ota roads are in a terrible state! I am even wondering how he accessed the roads to get to shoprite... Commissioning malls is now an achievement for Nigerian Govt... What a shame undecided

whrre is the money to do the roads Thst is the question you should be ssking.
Re: Amosun Commissions Ota Palm Store, The Biggest Palms Store In Nigeria (Pics) by Kobicove(m): 6:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
Is it bigger than the one in Lekki? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AGF Declares Omo-agege’s Suspension Illegal / Abba Kyari: Police Provides Update On Status Of Investigation / 2023: Emefiele-Buni Presidential Posters Flood Yobe [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.