Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Stomach Cancer: A Silent Killer – Most Common Symptoms (don’t Ignore Them) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stomach Cancer: A Silent Killer – Most Common Symptoms (don’t Ignore Them) (1214 Views)

10 Most Common Misconceptions About Acne (Pimples) / 5 Common HIV Symptoms In Men You Should Not Ignore / Renal Failure: A Silent Killer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stomach Cancer: A Silent Killer – Most Common Symptoms (don’t Ignore Them) by oladot99: 7:58pm On Dec 19, 2016

Today’s article is going to be all about the issue of stomach cancer. Although it isn’t as common as it was a few decades ago, there are still 24,000 cases being reported every year that are managed to be treated only if they are reported in an early stage. Once the cancer spreads from the stomach to the other organs, in enters an unreatable stage.

But the question is how do you stop and prevent this silent killer, before it comes after you?

Well today, we are going to provide you with an answer to that question. What makes the stomach cancer hard to spot the first place is because the symptoms are often mild and the common person ignores them because they don’t affect him that much. That is however the beginning, but when the symptoms become obvious that something is wrong, it is usually too late for the patient to be treated.

Here are some of the most common stomach cancer symptoms:

Heartburn or indigestion
Pain and discomfort in the abdomen
Vomiting and nausea
Diarrhea and constipation
Feeling bloated after meals
Appetite loss
Fatigue and weakness
Bleeding (blood in the stool or vomiting blood)
But that is not all. Your lifestyle also plays a huge role in the risk of stomach cancer. Here are factors that increase your risks of developing stomach cancer:

Age (Over 55 years)
Gender (Males have been proven to develop stomach cancer 2/3 more than women)
Diet that consists of salted, pickled, dried and smoked foods
Alcohol and smoking
Family history and genes
Stomach surgery
Ulcers caused by a stomach bacteria known as Helicobacter pylori
However, it is important that you stay very aware of these signs and if you happen to notice any, immediately contact a doctor or a medical expert that can help you with the situation.

source: http://9jashine.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

I Feel So ASHAMED OF MYSELF, Every Time I HAD SEX With MY Spouse, Cause I Can't / Mistletoe Herbs / Blood In My Semen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.