Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights (4804 Views)

In Response To Jonathan's Accrued Oil Earnings Vs Buhari's / Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos) / Lagos State Government Pays Over N55, 941billion Accrued Pension Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by edewojames(m): 1:26am On Dec 20, 2016
The Lagos State Commissioner for Establishments, Training and Pensions, Dr. Benson Oke Akintola, has disclosed that Lagos State funding of employees’ pension rights under the Contributory Pension Scheme in a period of nine years is approximately N125, 941 billion.

Speaking during the 11th Retirement Benefit Documentation Seminar organised Lagos State Pension Commission (LASPEC), he also stated that as at November 2016, the state government has paid accrued pension rights of about N55, 941 billion to 12,426 retirees since the commencement of payments of entitlement in the Contributory Pension Scheme dispensation.

In the last sixteen months, that is August 2015 to November 2016, we have paid accrued pension rights of N21.929 billion to 5,027 retirees. We are aware of the inadequacy of the funding rate recommended in the Pension Reform Law and for the year 2016, this administration to bridge the gap, has approved a pension bailout fund of N6.5b.

In her welcome address, The Director General, (LASPEC), Mrs. Folashade Onanuga said it has become imperative for one who will enjoy life in old age to have a safety nest. If you don’t have a savings culture, start now. You need to start to treat your savings as an expense similar to paying rent. You need to start to think on alternative source of income you can be comfortable with. You need to define your needs and wants. By so doing, your terminal benefits when paid will be wisely spent.

On her part, the acting Head of Service, Mrs. Folasade Adesoye, stated the programme was designed to protect the prospective retirees. Some of the complains we get from retirees are that they want to go for annuity.

We also have complains from Pension Fund Administrators that insurance companies are misleading retirees. At LASPEC what we did is to come out with a brochure on pros and cons of the two so that the retirees will be well informed.Expressing her appreciation, Mrs. Fatimat Amusa working at LA Primary School Badagry thanked the state government for organising the programme.

http://m.guardian.ng/business-services/lagos-pays-n125-941-pension-rights-in-nine-years/

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by mrsough(m): 2:00am On Dec 20, 2016
Thanks Lagos. This is how governance should be. Making people happy

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by Atiku2019: 2:51am On Dec 20, 2016
Ambode ! Ambode !! Ambode!!!
You just dey clear our doubt anyhow grin
Kudos to one of the best, if not the best. Eko ni Baje' Oh smiley

15 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by DonLo: 3:14am On Dec 20, 2016
That's a responsible government that understands the pain of the citizen unlike some state governor like Aregbe who delights in owning civil servant. He doesn't understand the balance between infrastructural development and payment of salary. Anyway Aregbe is just like his boss, Buhari who would rather plunge us into debt so as to get money for his so called project which is only aimed at campaigning for 2019. Thank God the pensioners didn't get the money earlier if not their dependents would have convinced them to invest in MMM
Ride on Ambode. Itesiwaju eko.
But on the lighter note, Atiku2019 know dey sleep. Either you're driven by passion or remuneration, your work deserves commendation grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by Atiku2019: 3:18am On Dec 20, 2016
DonLo:
That's a responsible government that understands the pain of the citizen unlike some state governor like Aregbe who delights in owning civil servant. He doesn't understand the balance between infrastructural development and payment of salary. Anyway Aregbe is just like his boss, Buhari who would rather plunge us into debt so as to get money for his so called project which is only aimed at campaigning for 2019. Thank God the pensioners didn't get the money earlier if not their dependents would have convinced them to invest in MMM
But on the lighter note, Atiku2019 know dey sleep. Either you're driven by passion or remuneration, your work deserves commendation grin

grin grin My Brother DonLo it's just 100% passion

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by DonLo: 3:26am On Dec 20, 2016
Atiku2019:

grin grin My Brother DonLo it's just 100% passion

Then the passion should be rewarded Bro. Don't worry I will personally call Atiku's attention to it. wink
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by BuyGoats: 8:23am On Dec 20, 2016
Ok. After they've all died I guess.

Please check my signature for your Christmas goats. Thanks for your patronage so far.
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by Atiku2019: 8:25am On Dec 20, 2016
DonLo:

Then the passion should be rewarded Bro. Don't worry I will personally call Atiku's attention to it. wink

I Don't need to be rewarded wink It will surely be in history that I stood against an Incompetent Buhari smiley

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by BlackMystery(f): 8:26am On Dec 20, 2016
kissNice

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by hamzia(m): 8:26am On Dec 20, 2016
wink
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by blackaxe78: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2016
Willie Obiano has already signed the MOU for such also.... grin grin grin grin

My guy can sign MOU with the dead! grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:30am On Dec 20, 2016
Kudos to the Lagos State Government.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by RentALodge: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2016
From Tinubu to Fashola to Ambode, Lagos has really been blessed by visionary leaders. I just wish someone like Fashola or Ambode can be the Governor of a state like Abia, Bayelsa or Delta. There are serious opportunities waiting to be harnessed in those states.

The fact that this administration commenced and has been able to maintain the trend of paying terminal entitlements of retired employees monthly since it started in August, 2015 showed that it is committed to its retirees.

I would advise the retirees to carefully take decisions on how the funds would be utilised and urge them to be wary of pension fraudsters who deceive retirees into believing that there are balances to be paid to them and make demands.

Lagos State is a kind government!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by MrMcJay(m): 8:31am On Dec 20, 2016
DonLo:

Aregbe is still better than some governors because he has infrastructural projects to point to. Governors like Rochas Okorocha, Seriake Dickson, Abiola Ajimobi and Ahmed Abdulfatah have no infrastructure to point to and they're pathetic debtors. The incompetent clown in Kogi state is actually an indictment on the youths of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by seguno2: 8:32am On Dec 20, 2016
Accrued pension rights for real workers or political jobbers like former governors, speakers, deputy governors etc?
Abi how much is the pension of the real workers compared to these useless leaders who steal from us while in office and we continue paying them after they leave office?
Why are we so dumb and dull?
No wonder we elected the most dumb dullard as our president!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by Joshcoli(m): 8:39am On Dec 20, 2016
seguno2:
Accrued pension rights for real workers or political jobbers like former governors, speakers, deputy governors etc?
Abi how much is the pension of the real workers compared to these useless leaders who steal from us while in office and we continue paying them after they leave office?
Why are we so dumb and dull?
No wonder we elected the most dumb dullard as our president!!!

My thought exactly

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by TeamSimple(m): 8:42am On Dec 20, 2016
Atiku2019:
Ambode ! Ambode !! Ambode!!!

You just dey clear our doubt anyhow grin

Kudos to one of the best, if not the best. Eko ni Baje' Oh smiley
Be like say you get atiku pics with all and sundry.

Won't be surprise if you show us a pic of Atiku with Ojukwu or more still Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by jazinogold(m): 8:43am On Dec 20, 2016
angry
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by djbobby007: 8:44am On Dec 20, 2016
MrMcJay:

Aregbe is still better than some governors because he has infrastructural projects to point to. Governors like Rochas Okorocha, Seriake Dickson, Abiola Ajimobi and Ahmed Abdulfatah have no infrastructure to point to and they're pathetic debtors. The incompetent clown in Kogi state is actually an indictment on the youths of Nigeria.
u are correct, I was in oshogbo last week.good roads lovely environment steady electricity good people, aregbe tried despite all d media bashing he's doing wonders.oshogbo is on point

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by korel9: 8:44am On Dec 20, 2016
Ambode ma man.

The only afonja with a difference.

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by DonLo: 8:47am On Dec 20, 2016
MrMcJay:

You have point though. Almost all of them are clowns. But I don't see why Aregbe should make his people suffer because he must build the so called Cargo Airport.
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by Abbeyme: 8:50am On Dec 20, 2016
Oya o
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by moufan: 8:59am On Dec 20, 2016
ambode leads,other governor follows.kudos to him
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by nextprince: 9:09am On Dec 20, 2016
Abeg, wetin be N55,941 billion again? As in
55,941×1000000000.
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by loomer: 9:31am On Dec 20, 2016
Make we hear from the pensioners weda na true una dey talk.
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by Elchappo: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2016
Thunder fire Dr. Benson Oke for this lie.....
Thunder fire him again for misleading people with this news...

My Mum retired since 2014 nd next month would make it 3 years of her retirement nd till today, not a kobo ve been paid to her...
Her friend who also retired same year, she luckily escaped the fangs of stroke after waiting all this years without a penny to live on....

THUNDER from the pit where the fallen angels re kept fire Dr. Benson Oke again....

Ambode sir, i hope u re aware of this lies but dont worry ur thunder is being created...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by Unibenfucker(m): 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
Bro Bro take it easy. I know two people who retired in 2014 and are yet to get thier entitlement. It is actually paid from grade level to grade level. From the lowest grade level to the highest grade level. It might be maybe they have not yet gotten to your mothers grade level
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by 009(m): 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
All these people are liars. Before you start applauding them for all these lies, u should take time out to find out the truth. All these billions were paid to whom? Many of those that retired 2yrs ago have not collected a dime till date. In a sane society, are they even suppose to wait for 2yrs before they get wat they are entitled to? Something they have laboured and worked for for d past 35yrs? Some of them have even passed away.

My mum retired since 2014. Not a dime yet. She's even a widow.... what is she suppose to survive on. wicked people. A governor serves the state for 4yrs and goes away with huge gratuity and continous pension... a teacher serves for 35yrs and receives no kobo for almost 3yrs after retiring. shame on them all. God will punish them and their generation yet unborn.

You can never see anyone directly affected by this thier evil pension program applaud them. Frauds.
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by MayorofLagos(m): 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
Atiku2019:

I Don't need to be rewarded wink It will surely be in history that I stood against an Incompetent Buhari smiley

No, it will be recorded that you proposed to replace incompetence with cruelty.
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by Elchappo: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
Unibenfucker:
Bro Bro take it easy. I know two people who retired in 2014 and are yet to get thier entitlement. It is actually paid from grade level to grade level. From the lowest grade level to the highest grade level. It might be maybe they have not yet gotten to your mothers grade level

Oga I know it's from grade level.
Is it now a crime to retire with a high grade level
Why tell the world u've paid if u know there re some grade level u ve not paid, abi they re not human
Re: Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights by Unibenfucker(m): 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
Elchappo:

Oga I know it's from grade level.
Is it now a crime to retire with a high grade level
Why tell the world u've paid if u know there re some grade level u ve not paid, abi they re not human

Ok The two people affected retired at the highest grade level. Guess your mumsy retired @a very high grade level too. Let her be patient it would get to her turn. Since Ambode came, they have been giving entitlement monthly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Donald Trump Bombshell: Bitter Pills For African Leaders To Swallow! / When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? / Buhari Exposed: If You Vote For Buhari After Watching This Video Go To Yaba Left

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.