Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy (7707 Views)

Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy / 5 Recommended Ways Bloggers Can Improve Their Blogs / Top 4 Ways Bloggers Can Make Money Online Without Ad Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:37am On Dec 20, 2016
Getting traffic is one of the basic things that keeps bloggers going. I'll outline the best ways to get extra traffic to your blog.

Submitting Your Site To Facebook Free Basics

Facebook free basics provides free access to websites for users around the world. It's available in some countries. To expand your reach and audience getting your site into free basics is something you should definitely try out.

Requirements

Little Javascript On Your Blog

Logo To Represent Your Blog

Your Blog Must Have A Responsive Mobile View.

If there's a lot of Javascript on your site you won't be accepted into the program . Freebasics may not give you massive traffic at first but on the long run you'll be glad you submitted your site.  Freebasics gives me an Extra  10,000 views weekly. To apply for Free Basics  go to
 https://developers.facebook.com/docs/internet-org

Submitting Your Site To Bing News

To get more traffic, joining the Bing news service would really be helpful. As it should be getting into the news service is a little bit difficult . Considering the fact that Bing is owned by Microsoft and it acts as the main search engine for Windows powered devices and gadgets. It'll give you a considerable audience in the Microsoft Community.

In order to be accepted,  your site has to have original content and make it stand out from other websites. The site must look like an Authority on its niche. Multi Niche blogs are hardly accepted because most people running those kind of blogs are those that plagiarize other people's content.

Requirements

A Microsoft Account

Your Site Must Be Submitted To Bing Webmaster Tools

Working Full RSS Feed

Many Unique Articles  (at least 70% of your posts should be unique)

Go to  http://pubhub.bing.com to apply

Submitting Site To Apple News

If you're looking to increase traffic from the United States, then Apple news comes in very handy. Although I had issues with applying for this, I would be approved soon as I have already fixed the minor errors in my application.

Apple news runs on all iOS devices around the world, think of how many people you can reach out to. Some blogger friends of mine get like  3000+ views daily from it.  Joining Apple News Has a few things that you'll need. 

Requirements

1.  iOS Account
2. Transparent Logo
3. Working RSS Feed
4. Neatly Organized Articles
5. Working RSS Feeds

You don't need an iPhone to create an iOS account. You can create it online too on its page.
Go to https://developer.apple.com/news-publisher/ to apply.

Submitting Your Site To Google News

Google news is the most difficult to get into as Google has strict guidelines. I've tried more than 6 times getting into this but I wasn't accepted. I think it'll work when I switch to WordPress or find out more on how to make my blogger powered site to get approved. To the best of my knowledge there are a few requirements.

Requirements

1. Google Account
2. Google News Sitemap
3. Submit Site To Webmaster Tools
4. Working RSS Feed
5. Your Site Must Have Different Categories
6. Original Content Only

Just search for  "apply for Google news"  to get the link.

Writing For HelpAReporter(HARO)

Many top sites like The New York Times , CNN, BBC and even Forbes use Haro to source for opinions from different people, especially bloggers.  When you join HARO responding to a query can get you featured on a  top ranking foreign website. I've been featured more than 4 times on a foreign website owned by Verizon (a top service provider in the US) . While it boosts your reputation,  it also boosts traffic as well.

You'll receive questions  3 Times Daily so you can respond to the ones you can.

Head Over To HelpAReporter.com to submit your site.  Sign up as a source.

Writing For Other Websites

Guest posts also boost traffic. I write for top Nigerian Sites Naij and Pulse. I get a lot of traffic from their sites too. You can consider contacting top sites that cover your niche as well and writing for them.

Posting To Google Plus Communities

Most Bloggers forget about Google Plus Communities. Believe me  10+ Google plus shares is better than a 100 Facebook likes. In fact one of my posts with Over 90,000 views had just  10 Google plus shares, apart from the SEO I applied to the post, the shares did a lot of work.

In order not to look like a spammer. Don't just post links on the Google plus community pages.

Write a short summary about the post then add your link. Google Plus Communities are more interactive than Facebook groups and are also made up of many smart people so link baits will hardly work.

Posting On Reddit

Getting to the front page of reddit will give you Roughly 60,000 views. It's very difficult but you just have to keep trying till you get to its front page. Being an active member of the community helps. I've been a member of reddit since 2014.

Reddit's sections are called sub reddits. Find the sub reddit that suits your post then drop the post and the link. Of course you have to sign up first.

If you can get all the stuffs above work well for you,  you're looking at roughly 250,000 views monthly.  Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments.

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:38am On Dec 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by Kingstel(m): 7:01am On Dec 20, 2016
Mehn...I was looking for one key point you missed, but you nailed it. kiss
Lemme just add: Be consistent.

See amazing stories you have NEVER read before @ www.vineck.com tongue

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by Cheap: 7:19am On Dec 20, 2016
Thanks NaijaTechGuy

Please, my blog is all about Nigerian education news.
How can i get huge traffic?
My blog url is http://www.nigeriaschoolsupdate..com

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:47am On Dec 20, 2016
Cheap:
Thanks NaijaTechGuy
Please, my blog is all about Nigerian education news. How can i get huge traffic? My blog url is http://www.nigeriaschoolsupdate..com
Thanks
get a domain name. Then use the above listed options
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
Kingstel:
Mehn...I was looking for one key point you missed, but you nailed it. kiss
Lemme just add: Be consistent.

See amazing stories you have NEVER read before @ www.vineck.com tongue
True

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by tyokunbo(m): 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
great post. thanks.
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by styca(m): 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
Another great post @naijatechguy.

Very informative and I just got few ideas from you.

Another channel is building relationship with other bloggers. Build up goodwill with theM and watch as they advertise you and your blog.

I amgoing to implement some of this ideas.
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by dogstyle007(m): 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nice 1
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
styca:
Another great post @naijatechguy.

Very informative and I just got few ideas from you.

Another channel is building relationship with other bloggers. Build up goodwill with theM and watch as they advertise you and your blog.

I amgoing to implement some of this ideas.

smiley. Thanks for the contribution.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:55am On Dec 21, 2016
dogstyle007:
Nice 1
Thanks
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by dogstyle007(m): 1:41am On Dec 21, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Thanks
Don't mention...... Need to contact you on something
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 21, 2016
grin
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by CaptainBomb(m): 6:22am On Dec 21, 2016
Learn how to write up lies
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by xreal: 6:32am On Dec 21, 2016
Writing negative and false reports about MMM.

4 Likes

Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by datopaper(m): 6:39am On Dec 21, 2016
T
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by NaijaCover(m): 6:51am On Dec 21, 2016
NaijaTechguy. I Need your help.. My Name Is Udokabestluv, the CEO .com Add me on watsapp with 08103739506. Let's Discuss Important Business.
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by olash: 6:53am On Dec 21, 2016
Always carry bad news like mmm crash, lala love snake, dollar = 1000 etc

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by Bondesniger(m): 6:59am On Dec 21, 2016
will work on this ideas soon
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by nmreports: 7:18am On Dec 21, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Source : http://www.naijatechguy.com/2016/12/top-8-ways-bloggers-can-get-extra.html

What do you mean by working RSS Feeds.
Can we hang out.
You mind.
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by wapboy(m): 7:25am On Dec 21, 2016
olash:
Always carry bad news like mmm crash, lala love snake, dollar = 1000 etc
That's the best way of chasing people out of your blog when thy realized it was fake rumors and lies that you publish
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by mohammad11: 7:43am On Dec 21, 2016
Yeah u yr pst making sense
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by Vaxt(m): 7:48am On Dec 21, 2016
wapboy:

That's the best way of chasing people out of your blog when thy realized it was fake rumors and lies that you publish
so will it chase u frm niraland wen u find out it is MMM story is false
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by eaglegist: 7:50am On Dec 21, 2016
you are right bro, you can also learn how to make money with your blog of your Facebook account here: www.eaglegist.com/search/label/Make%20money?m=1
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by Naijjablog(m): 7:53am On Dec 21, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
get a domain name. Then use the above listed options
MY Oga pls were can i get cheap domain Name...
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by Dannybliss1(m): 7:54am On Dec 21, 2016
how can I open a blog
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2016
@ NaijaTechGuy, You rock
Thanks for the piece
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by benzics(m): 8:14am On Dec 21, 2016
Dannybliss1:
how can I open a blog
If you're serious, I can design one for you with great seo.. Fb @benzicswill
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by adepa(f): 8:18am On Dec 21, 2016
Very informative
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by dragonking3: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2016
Your own thread no even generate traffic
Re: Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy by Orikinla(m): 8:51am On Dec 21, 2016
Word of mouth is one of the best ways to increase the popularity of your blog. And word of mouth is loudest in Nigeria. That is why celebrity gossip bloggers are very popular.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. / 5 Things We Hate About Microsoft Windows / I Just Found The Best Adsense Alternative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.